Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-11-2022, 09:58 AM   #31
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
Speaking of acting, Eli Wallach was terrific in "Baby Doll", a Tennessee Williams play adaption. He always played a magnificent asshole.
Watched half of that a few months back. Just creeped me out.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2022, 03:49 PM   #32
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
No discussion of westerns is complete without including the original "Magnificent Seven". Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, and James Coburn among the seven good guys. The icing on the cake is Eli Wallach as the top bad guy and a score nominated for an Emmy. It doesn't get any better than that.
It was nominated for an Oscar. Emmy's are for television.
Old 06-11-2022, 04:41 PM   #33
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
It was nominated for an Oscar. Emmy's are for television.

I would not know that either, most people no longer watch those Hollywood
award shows as they have become nothing but a podium for leftist political rants from people who don't live in the real world. I haven't watched one in over 40 years.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2022, 05:56 PM   #34
Actor
Librocubicularist

Once Upon a Time in the West is the best of the Sergio Leone westerns. Clint Eastwood turned it down. Henry Fonda is great as the villain.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:20 PM   #35
Actor
Librocubicularist

I've mentioned The Searchers and Once Upon a Time in the West. My list would not be complete without mentioning High Noon and Shane.

Shane was originally supposed to have Katherine Hepburn in the Jean Arthur part, William Holden in the Van Heflin part, and Montgomery Clift as Shane. Then the studio cut the budget for the picture and director George Stevens was told to use contract players. Stevens was told that there had never been a good Alan Ladd picture, to which he replied "there never has been, nor will there ever be, a bad George Stevens picture."

The picture was filmed in Grand Tetons National Park. I've been to Grand Tetons National Park and I've asked about the locations where Shane was filmed. No one seems to know. I suspect that the sets have been disassembled. I do know that some of the scenes are said to have been filmed in the Jackson Hole High School gymnasium.

One scene has a pickup truck driving along the road in the background. It's not noticeable if you're not looking for it. CGI has removed this goof from the DVD/BluRay versions.
Old 06-18-2022, 03:54 AM   #36
BIG RED
Son O'War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I saw most of them at the DRIVE IN!
Bak n da dy", the Drive-In went to per head in the car. (did that happen anywhere else?). So, there we were, just 2 of us, guy/gal/ trunk.

We were just kids...but, Marie comes out of the trunk thinking she is dying from exhaustion , swear to God, that's what she said.