Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: Who is the leading candidate to be the anti-Christ?
Bill Gates 3 2.19%
George Soros 11 8.03%
Klaus Schwab 9 6.57%
Anthony Fauci 2 1.46%
Donald Trump 100 72.99%
Hillary Clinton 2 1.46%
Pope Francis 3 2.19%
Justin Trudeau 4 2.92%
Other (please name) 3 2.19%
Voters: 137. This poll is closed

Old 06-09-2022, 04:06 PM   #61
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
Well, I'm not looking for religious direction on a horse forum.
God works in mysterious ways.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2022, 04:13 PM   #62
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Technically, no. Only all unbelievers are antichrists. There are two kinds of people in this world: Those in Adam and those in Christ (the Last Adam, cf. 1Cor 15:45). All believers, i.e. the Church in the corporate sense, form the Body of Christ, with Christ being the head of the Body -- his Church. Likewise, all unbelievers remain in Adam -- the spiritual state into which we're all initially born. The name Adam, by the way, means literally "man" or of the "earth", as in earthly or worldly, which stands in sharp contrast to those in Christ who are spiritual due to the new birth by the Holy Spirit. So, all unbelievers are, spiritually speaking, in [the] man, earthly, worldly which makes them "the antichrist"
You are an anti Christ and so are those who fool themselves into believing they are following Christ but really follow their own agenda especially those who combine politics with God.

And how do you make sure you don't follow a fool? By not looking outwardly for the day the AC comes but looking within to the God already present. DUH!
Old 06-09-2022, 05:35 PM   #63
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You are an anti Christ and so are those who fool themselves into believing they are following Christ but really follow their own agenda especially those who combine politics with God.

And how do you make sure you don't follow a fool? By not looking outwardly for the day the AC comes but looking within to the God already present. DUH!
Spoken by the guy who believes virtually nothing Christ taught. But I'm an antichrist?
Old 06-09-2022, 10:41 PM   #64
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Spoken by the guy who believes virtually nothing Christ taught. But I'm an antichrist?
You are an anti Christ because first you knowingly lie that I do not believe anything that Christ taught and second you twist everything Christ taught to suit your agenda. That is the definition of an Anti Christ to a tee.
Old 06-10-2022, 06:51 AM   #65
boxcar

Quote:
You are an anti Christ because first you knowingly lie that I do not believe anything that Christ taught and second you twist everything Christ taught to suit your agenda. That is the definition of an Anti Christ to a tee.
Oh ye, with such poor selective memory:

"irrelevant" scripture...was "written by fearful, ignorant, superstitious and absolutely stupid men, and not God"

Scripture to you is irrelevant because in your little brain you have put a time stamp on it, telling us that it's outmoded, outdated -- forgetting that God is eternal and, therefore, his revelation, his revealed will is just as eternal as he is -- transcending all time.

Also, you stated the above despite the fact that scripture unequivocally teaches divine inspiration of all scripture, in fact categorically rejecting the notion that scripture is the product of the will of men.

You even accused Christ once of being a sinner because he opposed the hypocrisy of religious leaders, most especially with respect to the Sabbath law which they twisted and abused beyond recognition. So, you twisted their sin and guilt around and laid it on your "best friend", making him out to be a sinner because he ignored Sabbath law.

You also accused Christ, the very creator of the Universe, of ignorance because he didn't teach anything about Far Eastern meditation practices, foolishly appealing to the "kenosis" of Christ that is taught in scripture. But you're so ignorant of scripture that you didn't realize that Jesus taught only what he heard from his Father, and that his teaching was never from himself; therefore the question is begging to be asked: Why didn't the Father teach his Son about meditation practices, so that He in turn could teach his disciples? And moreover if FE meditation practices are all-important and so fundamentally important, why didn't the Holy Spirit, who was sent by the Father and the Son to minister to the saints here on earth on Pentecost, subsequently teach this truth to the apostles after Christ's resurrection? The "kenosis" no longer applied to the risen, glorified Christ after Easter morning. Why is the NT completely silent on FE meditation? I guess it must have slipped the Holy Spirit's mind -- in fact, it must have slipped the glorified, risen Christ's mind, too, since the Holy Spirit only taught what he heard from the Son!

You, sir, are a quintessential example of what an antichrist is; for you are not only opposed to Jesus, but you desire to replace his teaching with your carnal, satanic version of the truth. In fact, the Gr. term for "anti" can mean "opposed to" or "in place of".
Old 06-10-2022, 10:18 AM   #66
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
No, it's not. There is a specific definition and that is what the poll is about.
If you disagree, feel free to dispute it in the proper thread. You Holy Rollers are of no interest to nost of us.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:26 AM   #67
classhandicapper

Quote:
I'm going to take exception to the latter part of that without getting into a debate about what the way, light and truth is.

Assuming someone does have a good understanding of Christ, why shouldn't he/she want to influence the country via the ballot box in a way that makes it more intrinsically moral and gets better results for society?

The should not want to make Christianity the official religion or impose their will on others, but they might want to encourage people to get off the path we are on now.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-10-2022 at 10:27 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 11:52 AM   #68
mountainman

Johnny Depp. Hands down.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 12:07 PM   #69
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Johnny Depp. Hands down.
Old 06-10-2022, 12:32 PM   #70
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm going to take exception to the latter part of that without getting into a debate about what the way, light and truth is.

Assuming someone does have a good understanding of Christ, why shouldn't he/she want to influence the country via the ballot box in a way that makes it more intrinsically moral and gets better results for society?

The should not want to make Christianity the official religion or impose their will on others, but they might want to encourage people to get off the path we are on now.
Again, you never cease to amaze me. What you just expressed is a biblical principle taught by Light's "best friend" who he has never understood because he never has believed Him. Christians are called to be lights and salt to the world! Christians are not called to hide out in their "prayer closets" in deep meditation all their lives, and not be an influence for good in this dark, lost world.

Matt 5:14-16
14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
NIV

And,

Matt 5:13
13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
NIV

So...God's people are lights to this dark world -- and we shine our lights by doing good works, which would certainly include promoting godliness and righteousness and justice in this world.

As "salt of the earth", Christians are called to preserve what is good; for salt is a preservative. And what do preservatives do if not to keep safe from injury, harm or destruction, or to keep alive, intact, or free from decay (e.g moral corruption)?

I tell you what Jesus told a teacher of the Law, with whom had an encounter with, and who answered the Lord wisely: "You are not far from the kingdom of God" (Mk 12:34).

I encourage you strongly to prayerfully pick up the Word of God, and ask Him to reveal Christ and his Truth to you.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:41 AM   #71
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Oh ye, with such poor selective memory:

"irrelevant" scripture...was "written by fearful, ignorant, superstitious and absolutely stupid men, and not God"

Scripture to you is irrelevant because in your little brain you have put a time stamp on it, telling us that it's outmoded, outdated -- forgetting that God is eternal and, therefore, his revelation, his revealed will is just as eternal as he is -- transcending all time.

Also, you stated the above despite the fact that scripture unequivocally teaches divine inspiration of all scripture, in fact categorically rejecting the notion that scripture is the product of the will of men.

You even accused Christ once of being a sinner because he opposed the hypocrisy of religious leaders, most especially with respect to the Sabbath law which they twisted and abused beyond recognition. So, you twisted their sin and guilt around and laid it on your "best friend", making him out to be a sinner because he ignored Sabbath law.

You also accused Christ, the very creator of the Universe, of ignorance because he didn't teach anything about Far Eastern meditation practices, foolishly appealing to the "kenosis" of Christ that is taught in scripture. But you're so ignorant of scripture that you didn't realize that Jesus taught only what he heard from his Father, and that his teaching was never from himself; therefore the question is begging to be asked: Why didn't the Father teach his Son about meditation practices, so that He in turn could teach his disciples? And moreover if FE meditation practices are all-important and so fundamentally important, why didn't the Holy Spirit, who was sent by the Father and the Son to minister to the saints here on earth on Pentecost, subsequently teach this truth to the apostles after Christ's resurrection? The "kenosis" no longer applied to the risen, glorified Christ after Easter morning. Why is the NT completely silent on FE meditation? I guess it must have slipped the Holy Spirit's mind -- in fact, it must have slipped the glorified, risen Christ's mind, too, since the Holy Spirit only taught what he heard from the Son!

You, sir, are a quintessential example of what an antichrist is; for you are not only opposed to Jesus, but you desire to replace his teaching with your carnal, satanic version of the truth. In fact, the Gr. term for "anti" can mean "opposed to" or "in place of".
All lies. Spoken like a true AntiChrist.
Old 06-11-2022, 07:27 AM   #72
boxcar

Quote:
All lies. Spoken like a true AntiChrist.
No, it's all the sad truth about you. You remind me of this proverb:

Prov 1:7
7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge;
Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
NASB

Your ignorance of Christ's truth runs deeper than the black darkness of the bottomless pit. There's no plumb line long enough to touch the bottom.

Such fools have this fate awaiting them:

2 Thess 2:10-12
They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
NIV
Old 06-12-2022, 01:32 AM   #73
Light
Veteran

Quote:
No, it's all the sad truth about you. You remind me of this proverb:

Prov 1:7
7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge;
Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
NASB

Your ignorance of Christ's truth runs deeper than the black darkness of the bottomless pit. There's no plumb line long enough to touch the bottom.

Such fools have this fate awaiting them:

2 Thess 2:10-12
They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
NIV
God and I are one. We are intertwined. I am in him and he is in me. You are the sad one who does not see God's glory within himself but continues to live a life of illusion via Biblical philosophy devoid of reality because God is not religious. He lives in everyone's heart.

All reality is within. There is nothing external. Be it here or in the afterlife. All that you experience is experienced within you. When you die, this world disappears. If you want to be with God, go within, not outward to an external God as you continually preach. Because you can lie outwardly to me and others, but when you face God within, you know that game is over.

Your greatest sin is to deny the wisdom of Jesus when he said the Kingdom of God is within and twisting this 2000 year old statement from the one you claim to follow to your own preference.

That is what an Anti Christ person like you does. Deceives others while extolling himself as (in your words) "an ambassador to God". Those with real experiences of God see right through your facade. You're so obvious.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:18 AM   #74
boxcar

Quote:
God and I are one. We are intertwined. I am in him and he is in me. You are the sad one who does not see God's glory within himself but continues to live a life of illusion via Biblical philosophy devoid of reality because God is not religious. He lives in everyone's heart.

All reality is within. There is nothing external. Be it here or in the afterlife. All that you experience is experienced within you. When you die, this world disappears. If you want to be with God, go within, not outward to an external God as you continually preach. Because you can lie outwardly to me and others, but when you face God within, you know that game is over.

Your greatest sin is to deny the wisdom of Jesus when he said the Kingdom of God is within and twisting this 2000 year old statement from the one you claim to follow to your own preference.

That is what an Anti Christ person like you does. Deceives others while extolling himself as (in your words) "an ambassador to God". Those with real experiences of God see right through your facade. You're so obvious.
One doesn't need any "real experiences of God" to "see right through your" duplicity. Isn't your beloved text that you're alluding to in Luke's gospel; and isn't Luke's Gospel part 'n' parcel of that "Biblical philosophy" that you just spoke of, and therefore "devoid of reality because God is not religious"?

Allow me to speak, therefore, of your personal inner reality: Your heart is overflowing with the darkness of hypocrisy. Permit me to shine another light on even more on your hypocrisy, for you once opined, when I was discussing the virgin birth of Christ, that because such an important doctrine is mentioned only a few times in scripture that that constituted an "inconsistency" to your perverse, twisted way of thinking! You, evidently, felt that such an important doctrine, should have been repeated far more often throughout the bible. (You remember saying that?) Yet, you have also said that Lk 17:21 is the most important verse in the bible, yet those words of Jesus in that text only appear once in all scripture. Why aren't you concerned about this horrendous "inconsistency" in the bible, you hypocrite!?

Finally, all reality is not "within"; for God who is ultimate, eternal reality transcends all that he Created. The Creator is not the universe, any more than a potter is the pot he creates.
Old 06-12-2022, 01:52 PM   #75
boxcar

Quote:
Mr. light-in-the-loafers, I have a question for you: Was your "best friend" (you know...your drinkin' buddy Jesus) religious or not when he walked this earth nearly 2 millennia ago?