Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-31-2017, 12:35 PM   #16
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
It would be funny...if it weren't so TRAGIC. The "pro-lifers" are overwhelmed by "love" for the unborn babies...but they want nothing to do with them once they are born.
Truer words have never been typed here.

The Pro-Life rail and rail but you don't see them becoming involved in foster care, or considering adoption of even a preschool or elementary age child. Sure, maybe there would be some interest in newborns.

Still, good luck little ones.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 12:41 PM   #17
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post

The Pro-Life rail and rail but you don't see them becoming involved in foster care, or considering adoption of even a preschool or elementary age child. Sure, maybe there would be some interest in newborns.

And you know this, how?

How come the pro-choice extremists NEVER interview parents who murdered their unborn children twenty years down the road? I have spoken to many of them and they ALL regret what they did. 100% Many of them have serious emotional issues.

One well known example is the instigator of Roe V Wade who became pro-life.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 12:48 PM   #18
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
And you know this, how?

I have spoken to many of them
I bet you have.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:51 PM   #19
classhandicapper

Quote:
We don't want public funding for abortions...and we don't want public funds to support unwanted babies. So...what happens to these unwanted babies after they are born?
Huge problem.

My prescription would be to stop normalizing having kids out of wedlock as we have done in recent decades, start promoting charitable contributions heavily, start promoting good foster care, and allocate significant funds to care for unwanted babies until we change the culture and reduce the problem (which could be a very very very long time given all the damage we have done).

In my idealistically delusional libertarian la la land (the difference being that I know my version is la la land as opposed to liberals who are in la la land now but don't know it) the culture would be changed, the problem would be reduced, and successful people would be so generous there would be no need for a government stop gap.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-31-2017 at 12:53 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 12:59 PM   #20
boxcar

Quote:
We don't want public funding for abortions...and we don't want public funds to support unwanted babies. So...what happens to these unwanted babies after they are born?
Well...that's where these ever-so-loving don't-wannabe mommies get to exercise their free choices. What do they love more: their unbridled sexual freedom or their infants?
Old 03-31-2017, 01:04 PM   #21
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Why should I pay for someone else's mistakes? If they can make a baby, then they can fund the abortion. I have no issues with their right to an abortion, even if I wouldn't myself. However, I should not have to pay for their mistakes. Maybe we'd have less babies being borne into poverty if more people suffered more of the consequences of their actions. I hear many couples are lining up to adopt babies, even to the point of going overseas. Why not streamline and cheapen the adoption process in the US to allow more of these aborted babies to come to full term and be adopted? That is a better use of tax money imo.
It makes too much sense and takes control away from the U.S. government. Don 't forget: Identity Politics is about the government having the power to manipulate and control their constituents. Plus all women with unwanted pregnancies are victims, don't you know?
Old 03-31-2017, 01:14 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
It's funny how that works isn't it? Pro lifers want to keep potential future welfare recipients alive. The bitching cycle never ends!
Abortion is one of those issues where I agree with Democrats. I am not religious so I don't have those type beliefs influencing my decision. I cannot fathom how forcing a women to give birth to an unwanted baby can have good results. Pregnant women who want the children can be quite irrational because of the changes they go through. Do you really want to force drug users to carry children to term?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 01:24 PM   #23
davew

It is probably a small group that feel abortion should be illegal and not allowed.

It is probably a much larger group that feel the country should not give money to Planned Parenthood SO THEY CAN DONATE TO DEMOCRAT CAMPAIGNS to get future increased payments.

Trump needs to should stop any public funding if some of that money goes back to political campaigns.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 01:52 PM   #24
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Abortion is one of those issues where I agree with Democrats. I am not religious so I don't have those type beliefs influencing my decision. I cannot fathom how forcing a women to give birth to an unwanted baby can have good results. Pregnant women who want the children can be quite irrational because of the changes they go through. Do you really want to force drug users to carry children to term?
You have an extremely good point, Inner. Granted, I'm a mother of just one child, and he has Down Syndrome. This is a tough subject because my son is incredible! A love, a joy like no other.

I firmly believe that the only thing on this earth that is more tragic than an abortion, more traumatic for all involved, is a baby, a child that is not wanted. That child doesn't ever know love, care and attention. As someone noted, he or she is "condemned" from the very beginning.

Do you all, others here, think the only office that abortions take place daily is at Planned Parenthood? If so, you'd be profoundly mistaken. Doctors recommend them everyday, and quietly perform them upon reviewing Amniocentesis and Chorionic Villi Sampling test results with couples. Everyday doctors bring unwelcome (to many) news to parents that there is an abnormality. So, unborn lives are terminated. These babies may have Down Syndrome, Tay Sachs, Spina Bifida, Cystic Fibrosis, Cerebral Palsy, etc, etc.

Taking a life is taking a life, no matter who pays for it. That life is the same regardless whether it's Blue Cross & Blue Shield or Planned Parenthood.

JessHawsenArown, says he's talked to many.... I bet he hasn't talked to as many of these women as I have--women who needed my help. Women who I've sat with, holding their hands. I counseled a young doctor, years ago, who dearly loved his newborn son. However, his wife was so ashamed their son was born with Downs. "This doesn't fit into my plan of how our life is to be. IT just doesn't."

I loathe people who stand on street corners when they've experienced little--in real life..

The majority of abortions, gentlemen, as I've told many, "you never, ever hear of." Their babies are silenced--including the impoverished and the well to do. (Thank you all for reading my thoughts.)
Old 03-31-2017, 02:21 PM   #25
chadk66

Quote:
Truer words have never been typed here.

Still, good luck little ones.
totally not true. I know many pro-lifers that have adopted or fostered kids of all ages. couple weeks ago I inquired about adopting five siblings that they didn't want to separate.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 02:24 PM   #26
chadk66

the government needs to fully fund research for a birth control shot that can be given once a year. If a woman wishes to receive welfare benefits, and is unemployed, she has to take the annual shot. That would solve numerous social issues in this country as well as financial ones.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:33 PM   #27
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
It makes too much sense and takes control away from the U.S. government. Don 't forget: Identity Politics is about the government having the power to manipulate and control their constituents.
That is the real point on many of these issues. It is about govt control of our everyday lives. I wish our liberal friends could admit the changes over the last 50 years where charity and being a good citizen were in the forefront of our national minds (remember Kennedy), but has now been pushed to the back of society's thought process and instead replaced with the, "govt is better able to allocate the resources and understand how best to deal with the problems". I don't agree with the notion that the federal govt knows best, and I challenge anyone to give examples of when the feds got it right over private efforts.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2017, 02:34 PM   #28
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
totally not true. I know many pro-lifers that have adopted or fostered kids of all ages. couple weeks ago I inquired about adopting five siblings that they didn't want to separate.
I applaud you!! But, I'm sorry, if this were totally not true, if this was the norm, of many pro--lifers, we would not have a problem, state to state, county to county, nationwide of foster care programs in need.

It seems that the aging process of couples who've been foster parents for years is a factor. Younger couples are not as interested. To be honest, prolife or prochoice, it doesn't matter. Every child deserves a home.

This is one opinion piece.

https://chronicleofsocialchange.org/...er-homes/20504
Old 03-31-2017, 03:01 PM   #29
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How 'bout we sterilize the drug users instead of punishing the innocent human life within their womb?
Old 03-31-2017, 03:22 PM   #30
chadk66

Quote:
I applaud you!! But, I'm sorry, if this were totally not true, if this was the norm, of many pro--lifers, we would not have a problem, state to state, county to county, nationwide of foster care programs in need.

It seems that the aging process of couples who've been foster parents for years is a factor. Younger couples are not as interested. To be honest, prolife or prochoice, it doesn't matter. Every child deserves a home.

This is one opinion piece.

https://chronicleofsocialchange.org/...er-homes/20504
the problem now is that there are 54 million on food stamps alone. and reproducing like flies. there aren't even enough pro-lifers in a position to even foster kids. Sure there are many that are and don't. That's why something has to be done on the front end. Even if it's giving them the morning after pill every damn day

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: