Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #151
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
Apparently, you're unfamiliar with "Moral Relativism."

When you're part of an "oppressed" group, standards don't apply.
On the subject of blacks falling afoul of the same standards they are setting, I just watched Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith both agree that Floyd Mayweather could never be a NBA owner because of his racists remarks about a latin boxer. What goes around comes around I guess.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #152
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
How many of the outraged, injured parties here previously voted for and supported that KKK senator the Dems were so proud of?

How about this ex B Ball players calling for an all Black league?
The one who referred to the players as slaved in 1999?

Yes, racism exists today - but not exactly where they want you to think it is.
I remember David Duke when I lived in S Carolina,People loved him..I also remember seeing.."Blacks Only" entrances at the sides of buildings..This was in the 90's..Yes it still exists today!

Last edited by CryingForTheHorses; 04-30-2014 at 01:44 PM.
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #153
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I grew up the 60s and remember all that an a lot worse.
How does this one guy in his own home speaking in private rack up against all that? How does it rack up against voting for KKK member, for calling for an all Black NBA?

Racism lives on both sides of the coin.
But that is not the message being sent out.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #154
Lefty

Tom, and it never will be.
Funny how the prez always speaks up when a white guy says or does something, but never addresses black on white crime or even the terrible black on black crime that's going on in Chicago.
I still remember Holder saying he wouldn't prosecute Black Panthers that blocked the doors at that voting place in Philly, saying he couldn't cause they were his people or something nutty like that.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #155
davew

Magic Johnson and V did a superb sneak attack with media leakage, allowing Magic the opportunity to purchase the clippers before that old codger dies. I wonder how well V is going to make out in the deal.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #156
Lefty

McSchell, Some people loved David Duke, but not a majority. And I think we are a long way from the 90's. And remember, Johnson could not have gotten the Civil Rights act passed without a whole lot of Republican help, because a lot of Dems wanted no part of it.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #157
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Magic Johnson and V did a superb sneak attack with media leakage, allowing Magic the opportunity to purchase the clippers before that old codger dies. I wonder how well V is going to make out in the deal.
That old codger isn't going to sell. He'll litigate the hell out of any attempt to his last breath. His tax bill would be 200 million if he sold now, even to his wife. If he dies, no taxes if the family gets it. 200 million will buy a lot of lawyers. Let's not worry ourselves about him selling. He isn't. The league is on shaky legal ground in trying to force him out. He'd eat their lunch in court and we all know it. Adam Silver was just putting on a show when he said the owners should vote him out and when the owners leaked that it would be 29-0 to vote him out. They did that to protect the black fan base but the reality is far different. Feel free to bookmark this post for the day when the old codger sells before his death.

Last edited by tucker6; 04-30-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:01 PM   #158
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Yeah, I agree. A couple years in prison for an old man is much better than being forced to sit at home to watch the games on your giant TV screen and bank mega-millions in profit from the sale of your team.

They really showed him...

What a ridiculous statement you made Gary.
No way he would have seen prison time. Probation and community service
Old 04-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #159
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
That old codger isn't going to sell. He'll litigate the hell out of any attempt to his last breath. His tax bill would be 200 million if he sold now, even to his wife. If he dies, no taxes if the family gets it. 200 million will buy a lot of lawyers. Let's not worry ourselves about him selling. He isn't. The league is on shaky legal ground in trying to force him out. He'd eat their lunch in court and we all know it. Adam Silver was just putting on a show when he said the owners should vote him out and when the owners leaked that it would be 29-0 to vote him out. They did that to protect the black fan base but the reality is far different. Feel free to bookmark this post for the day when the old codger sells before his death.
No taxes if he leaves to his family? Where the hell did you hear that?
Old 04-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #160
Poindexter

Quote:
It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. My belief is that this man thrives attention and being a big shot. I do not think he is going to get any respect from anyone(with very few exceptions) after this. This guys ego is so big he buys full page ads in the LA Times with his mug on it advertising what a great guy he is. Advertisers will not touch his product. His words to the girl were "how can we make this go away". Life will never be the same for him again. Not sure how much fight he will have in him. Life will be very different for him from here on out. If he does fight this....the media circus hasn't even begun.

By the way some of you might enjoy.

Larry Elder on Sterling
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #161
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
No taxes if he leaves to his family? Where the hell did you hear that?
his wife actually. Property transfers at death without death taxes.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #162
AndyC

Quote:
his wife actually. Property transfers at death without death taxes.
Property transfers at death to anybody but his wife and charities would not avoid estate taxes.

Being that Sterling and his wife have been married since 1955, I would think that she already owns half the team due to community property laws.
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #163
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
No way he would have seen prison time. Probation and community service
For what? He didn't commit any crime. It's not against the law to be a bigot.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #164
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
For what? He didn't commit any crime. It's not against the law to be a bigot.
Who said he committed a crime?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #165
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC
Property transfers at death to anybody but his wife and charities would not avoid estate taxes.

Being that Sterling and his wife have been married since 1955, I would think that she already owns half the team due to community property laws.
We're saying the same thing I believe.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: