Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:33 AM   #136
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
the NBA players would have basically boycotted the games and refused to play (that's my theory) so you can't take that chance, action needed to be swift and severe.
No way in hell that would have happened.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 02:36 AM   #137
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG
He should have broke her arms and legs instead. Then the penalty would have been less severe.
Yeah, I agree. A couple years in prison for an old man is much better than being forced to sit at home to watch the games on your giant TV screen and bank mega-millions in profit from the sale of your team.

They really showed him...

What a ridiculous statement you made Gary.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:55 AM   #138
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
No way in hell that would have happened.
100 percent it would have. If Sterling was the owner next year, no way anyone would have played for him. No chance, no how.

You seem to not be grasping how deep the African American community took these comments, this was the straw that broke the camels back and the response by the league office and all other owners is proof that i'm right (as usual. )
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 03:01 AM   #139
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
100 percent it would have. If Sterling was the owner next year, no way anyone would have played for him. No chance, no how.

You seem to not be grasping how deep the African American community took these comments, this was the straw that broke the camels back and the response by the league office and all other owners is proof that i'm right (as usual. )
First off, I thought you were implying there would be a LEAGUE-WIDE strike.

Now I know you were confining your remarks to the Clippers. I still don't agree with you, but at least your theory is more plausible.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:17 AM   #140
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
First off, I thought you were implying there would be a LEAGUE-WIDE strike.

Now I know you were confining your remarks to the Clippers. I still don't agree with you, but at least your theory is more plausible.
I think that nobody would have played for the Clippers, but you have to understand that the players assn would have been involved and its pretty likely that the players of the other teams would have stood by the Clippers players w solidarity. It would have been a mess.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 AM   #141
Lefty

Tom said:
Can you imagine the outcry if we got hold of a private Al Sharpton conversation?

Tom, probanly would be no different than his public ones. :

Commentating on Sterling Charles Barclay said the NBA was a black league. Hmm, wonder what the white players thought about HIS comments?
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 04:12 AM   #142
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
Tom said:
Can you imagine the outcry if we got hold of a private Al Sharpton conversation?

Tom, probanly would be no different than his public ones. :

Commentating on Sterling Charles Barclay said the NBA was a black league. Hmm, wonder what the white players thought about HIS comments?
Must be nice to be able to say anything you want about race and nobody will ever question you. Must be Nice to be able to get a pass on what you say.

Maybe he "gets a pass" because whites and other races arent as sensitive as African Americans?

I think if an owner came out and said "i dont want whitey at my games" whitey would laugh in his face and sort of get a kick out of it, i know i would think it was pretty funny myself....but for some reason, blacks are highly sensitive, even though it wasnt them personally he was calling out.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:54 AM   #143
Dark Horse

Quote:
Must be nice to be able to say anything you want about race and nobody will ever question you. Must be Nice to be able to get a pass on what you say.

Maybe he "gets a pass" because whites and other races arent as sensitive as African Americans?

I think if an owner came out and said "i dont want whitey at my games" whitey would laugh in his face and sort of get a kick out of it, i know i would think it was pretty funny myself....but for some reason, blacks are highly sensitive, even though it wasnt them personally he was calling out.
Yes, but many white people are as sensitive to accusations of racism. They will go out of their way to avoid that impression, and become accommodating to a fault. True racists are very open about that. They seem proud of it. Most people may say a racist thing here or there, but that doesn't make them racists. Most people use foul language here and there. It doesn't mean they are foul people. This Sterling thing was a witch hunt. He may or may not have been a witch. Doesn't change the fact that this was a lynch mob.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #144
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

How many of the outraged, injured parties here previously voted for and supported that KKK senator the Dems were so proud of?

How about this ex B Ball players calling for an all Black league?
The one who referred to the players as slaved in 1999?

Yes, racism exists today - but not exactly where they want you to think it is.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #145
TheEdge07
Veteran

If Sterlings statements were about jews and gays...are the black-african players boycotting?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-30-2014 at 09:03 AM.
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 10:15 AM   #146
HUSKER55

and of coarse blacks don't use racist remarks.

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #147
tucker6

This will have ZERO impact on societal values regarding race. None. Zilch. Someone was able to catch a known racist on tape in the privacy of his own home saying racist things. Sorry, but that doesn't move my dial. I bet if we had the NSA tapes of the Obama private quarters, we'd hear worse, and his job/life impacts me. As has been said, it's a slippery slope, and will boomerang back onto blacks when one of their racists is caught on tape being racist.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #148
HUSKER55

YOU DON'T REALLY BELIEVE THAT?

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #149
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSKER55
YOU DON'T REALLY BELIEVE THAT?
can you be more specific
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #150
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
can you be more specific
Apparently, you're unfamiliar with "Moral Relativism."

When you're part of an "oppressed" group, standards don't apply.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply