Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
lamboguy

i ran to the school where i voted at. the parking lots were packed. there were plenty of signs for the senator's. i had a Scott Brown t-shirt on and a guy came up to me that was working the polls for him and offered me a cup of coffee. i told him i only drink black tea. 15 minutes later he brought me a tea, i waited about an hour and a half outside, the last 20 minutes i was inside and voted and went to the gym.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
tbwinner

Took me a little over 30 minutes around 9:30 CST this morning. Line was moving relatively quickly and was about 20-30 people deep. Town 20 miles north of Des Moines, IA.
tbwinner is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
ElKabong

Saw voter fraud from a different angle this morning....possible rigging votes by a volunteer....details below

I walk up and hand my reg card and DL to the lady at the table...she checks the roll, finds me and hands my ballot to me

I go to the booth (we have marker ballots) and notice after a few moments my state House candidates aren't on there....just an unopposed Dem that I'd never heard of

I complete the ballot, walk back to the Vol and ask 'are you sure i have the correct ballot?' I named off the 2 names that s/b on my ballot for the state House race

Vol says yes, it's the correct ballot, many districts have been redrawn- she quickly goes back to what she's doing

I submit my ballot, notice the electronic# that registered after my ballot entered

In the parking lot, there's a sign of the opponent that i wanted to vote AGAINST, it matched my Reg card's "LEG" district#

I go home, verify info, know for certain now that the ballot I submitted was from a diff precinct

I go back to the polling place, present my case...that same Vol says "no, you got the right ballot"....I won't go away...so she looks at the roll and says "oh, i made a mistake. I gave you (the wrong ballot, precinct # was off by one).

I was taken to I guess was a poll judge, who was extremely busy, even tho there had been fewer than 200 votes into the machine by 10:30am.....she makes calls, goes off to a corner for 5 - 10 minutes. I tell her what the registered vote # my ballot was (i wrote it down when i got to the car after that first vote).....

another Vol comes up and hands me another ballot when the judge hangs up her cell.....I ask, 'can you negate my ballot (# given to her)'. She shrugs her shoulder as if to say who cares

I submit another full ballot, now knowing it likely will negate my first vote....i'm pissed a bit

I call the Dallas County Repub ofc, say what happened, voiced my concern that people in my precinct are being given incorrect ballots, and there's a hotly contested State House seat the Dems want back badly. I'm asked to give my account of the activity, and name (done)...also was told under no circumstance should I have been given a 2nd ballot, the guy on the line was clearly pissed off

Here's the problem.....the local Dems here are desperate to have the state House seat in my area....the Vol clearly tried to defend her position, which would have eliminated a chance to vote. Now, instead of being able to vote for the Tea Party candidate, my vote will likely be negated. Poorly handled by the Vols and their supv

Lot of problems here
1-the Vol gave me an incorrect ballot (by mistake, i'm not convinced)
2-many voters wouldn't know they had an incorrect ballot, many retirees in my area
3-giving a 2nd ballot w/o caring about the original ballot cast
4-the whole ordeal was unprofessional as hell
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
I live outside the city limits, and my polling place is at a small church in the country. In 10 years I've never had to wait. I was shocked when I pulled up. Couldn't find a parking spot and it looks like an hour wait. 4 years ago I was in and out in 5 minutes. I bet I'm the only Johnson voter here.

How does turnout look near everyone else?
No wait for me @ 10:15am......I live in a 150,000'ish population burb in Dallas County.....i bet after work it's busy as hell tho

FWIW, the early voting at my polling place was packed...Fri @ 6pm you had to park almost a mile away...I decided to vote today instead
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Republican observers had to go to court today to gain access to some Philly polls. Panthers welcome, repubs not.

I imagine mostie and maddog are on this already.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #21
bigmack

They wouldn't let some guy vote as he had a MIT (MassInstituteofTech) T-shirt on but PAY NO ATTENTION to the mural on the wall.

bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ion-officials/
Old 11-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #23
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
They wouldn't let some guy vote as he had a MIT (MassInstituteofTech) T-shirt on ...
I had to remove my Band-Aid.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #24
NJ Stinks

Got through in 5 minutes at around 11:00am. Volunteer told me there was a long line at 6:00am and it was really busy until around 9:30am. Total vote count was quite impressive, she said.

No ID needed - just my signature was required to compare with my signature on record.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #25
Capper Al

If the picture isn't made up then I agree it is wrong to have anything political within 300 yards of the voting polls. But it could be made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
They wouldn't let some guy vote as he had a MIT (MassInstituteofTech) T-shirt on but PAY NO ATTENTION to the mural on the wall.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #26
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
But it could be made up.
But it ain't. And this ain't.

bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #27
Overlay

I was right in and out at the Baptist church in Capshaw, Alabama near my house after I got off work. It took me longer to wade through all the proposed amendments to the state constitution than it did to park and get in, get my ballot, and get out after I had voted. The great majority of partisan races were unopposed Republicans, since Alabama is about the reddest state around. The poll workers estimated turnout at about 75%. Absolutely no mystery as to whose column the state's electoral votes will wind up in.

Last edited by Overlay; 11-06-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Overlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #28
TiznowfaninNY

In and out in under a half hour.

Looked more packed than usual.

Hoping that a high turnout works for Romney.
TiznowfaninNY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #29
bks

From twitter:

Ari Fleischer @AriFleischer
OH exits show voters are +7D. Was +8D in 08 and R+5 in 04. Again, hard to believe.

If true, that's a wrap, folks. Obama wins Ohio with that spread.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #30
Greybase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks
If true, that's a wrap, folks. Obama wins Ohio with that spread.
Yeah did you catch this on CNN, about 2 hours ago??

CNN Exclusive: @PeterHambyCNN reports Romney campaign's internal polling in Ohio shows Obama up 5 points in crucial swing state.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cnn-r...o-poll-2012-11