Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #7906
boxcar

Now, that I have a little bit more time, I can answer this more fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
When your ego is not part of the experience it counts and is not subjective.
It's still subjective with or without ego because no one can objectively tell when you're ego is on steroids or it died -- or its somewhere in between. For something it must be perceptible by all observers.

Quote:
And what part of 1 John 4:8 don't you get

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
You don't know God because you don't love Trump. You're raging, out-of-control ego thinks you're so much superior to him.

Quote:
Guess again. Jesus was a revolutionary in his days and was not interested in the Trumps of the world who he said would have an easier time passing a camel through the eye of a needle than getting into heaven. Besides that Jesus was a refugee and Trump would never had let him into the country.
You forget Jesus' encounter with the rich man in Matthew 19, Mark 10 and Luke 18.

Also, you have forgotten that Trump doesn't have to worry about entering the kingdom of God because, like you and the Christ-hating Pharisees, the kingdom has entered him. It's WITHIN him. Have you so soon forgotten what your pet passage is in the scriptures that you otherwise despise?

Also, you conveniently overlook the rest of Jesus' teaching in the above three passages -- that what is impossible for man (even the filthy rich) is not impossible for God!

Quote:
Take a night class on reading comprehension. Once again for the seriously challenged one. Love is not definable. Therefore neither God nor Jesus who are both love are definable.

You don't know that because you have no clue what love is except when you kiss the orangutan's ass who locks kids up. That's your idea of love, isn't it?
An orangutan is wiser than you because in all probability, the beast fears God.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #7907
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Of course you don't remember my position.
Most of the bible is a total mess. But there are some themes that are common with other religions and have profound meaning. I have mentioned this many times. How mwny times have I told you that you and other literalists constantly confuse the map for the territory and that confusion gets handed down from generation to the next, in a giant humongous game of telephone?

I did mention at times, a search to distinguish that of value from useless idiocy. I have not read Leviticus recently, but I don't recall much profundity.

I'm sure you can find some murdered or tortured individuals therein. Maybe murdered children even?
I remember your "position" well. You're ignorant of the bible's story. Period.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #7908
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Nonetheless those are scientific claims.
But scripture proves nothing. And logic says the universe is 13.7 billion years old.
No, forensic scientists claim the earth is billions of years old. Just because they wear white coats and work in a lab or in he field doesn't mean they draw logical conclusions -- or even make logical premises.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:20 AM   #7909
boxcar

Quote:
Rather sparse library. I have over 100 on all sorts of subjects.
I did qualify my statement and say "just in bible versions alone".

If you have only a 100 books in your library, I got that beat by a country mile.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:40 AM   #7910
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I don't claim none of the above scientifically. I claim them from the scriptures or from the laws of logic.

Have you figured out yet where the Present is relative to the Past and Future in your "causal arrow of time" insanity?
How do explain your rather dumb statement that original Gutenberg Bible, the first use of movable type to print in the west in in the 1450s,before the Protestant reformation, was a "Protestant bible" and not a Catholic bible? Maybe you read that in scripture? And used some kind of fancy logic and math we are not aware of?

As I said simple history and simple math, are not among your strong points.

Nothing is among your strong points. But you deny ignorance.
Why should we accept anything you say?
Old 08-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #7911
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
View Post
I don't claim none of the above scientifically. I claim them from the scriptures or from the laws of logic.

Have you figured out yet where the Present is relative to the Past and Future in your "causal arrow of time" insanity?
Not only don't you know how to tell time, you have denied cause and effect. Arguing before comes after "after". You play word games to deny causes produce effects.

The arrow of time is universally accepted, except in some cases on the quantum level where time may not be asymmetric. You claim to have "tutored" Stephen Hawking ( I assume before he died, but we never know with you), but you deny the The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

Btw, where in scripture did you come up with the concept of the "evil gene"? Another of your shoddy proclamations.

And on top of these isolated blunders, you claim major scientific insights in your absurd 11 part stupid biblical sourced non-scientific thesis, "Why Is the Universe What It Is?" http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...n+the+Universe
that no one versed in the field ever would take seriously.

Nothing is among your strong points. But you deny ignorance.
Why should we accept anything you say?

Last edited by hcap; 08-20-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #7912
hcap

Quote:
No, forensic scientists claim the earth is billions of years old. Just because they wear white coats and work in a lab or in he field doesn't mean they draw logical conclusions -- or even make logical premises.
Define " forensic scientists "

Sherlock?

Sherlock

Last edited by hcap; 08-20-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #7913
Light
Veteran

Quote:

It's still subjective with or without ego because no one can objectively tell when you're ego is on steroids or it died -- or its somewhere in between. For something it must be perceptible by all observers.
Incorrect. If there is no thought there is no subjectivity. There is pure experience.

Quote:
You don't know God because you don't love Trump.
Did you "love Obama"? Obviously not. Then according to your own words you "don't know God".

Quote:
Also, you have forgotten that Trump doesn't have to worry about entering the kingdom of God because, like you and the Christ-hating Pharisees, the kingdom has entered him. It's WITHIN him.
Wait a minute. You don't even believe the Kingdom of God is within in the first place! You believe "Its in our midst".This has been my main beef with you for all these years. Now suddenly you are telling me its within Trump! WOW! Is this the "Brown Nose" special?

Quote:
Also, you conveniently overlook the rest of Jesus' teaching in the above three passages -- that what is impossible for man (even the filthy rich) is not impossible for God!
Well unfortunately for your boy Trump, Jesus was very specific about his type not entering Heaven because of his gargantuan EGO.

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God

Quote:
An orangutan is wiser than you because in all probability, the beast fears God.
No. The orangutan is wiser than you because he does NOT see fear in God. He sees Love which is what God is according to your own Bible.

One sees God through Love or through Ego. Ego manifests fear and anger which is an illusion because Ego is an illusion in the first place.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #7914
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Do not distant galaxies display a red shift in their spectra?
Old 08-20-2018, 02:38 PM   #7915
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Do not distant galaxies display a red shift in their spectra?

When viewed on the ground or on Hubble?
Old 08-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #7916
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
How do explain your rather dumb statement that original Gutenberg Bible, the first use of movable type to print in the west in in the 1450s,before the Protestant reformation, was a "Protestant bible" and not a Catholic bible?
Before Gutenberg printed his Bible there was a lay person, a Catholic, who came up with a list of books he thought should be excluded from the canon. The Catholic church never adopted this guy's idea since he was not a cleric. However, this guy's list of "books that should not be in the canon" became widely known. Gutenberg excluded these books from his Bible, probably to save time and money rather than any religious conviction. The King James Version also excludes the same books, so in a sense, the Gutenberg Bible could be considered a Protestant Bible.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:15 PM   #7917
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
When viewed on the ground or on Hubble?
Does that make a difference?
Old 08-20-2018, 03:22 PM   #7918
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

The Hebrew conception of the deity evolved over time...first it was Yam, a sea god among others... Then El with the Canaanites...then Yahweh who lived in stones and rock pillars...then they carried Yahweh around in the ark from place to place. After the ark was gone, Yahweh abode in certain sacred location usually associated with mountain caves or rock\ pillar formations....later on Yahweh lives in the sky and is everywhere at once...
Old 08-20-2018, 03:25 PM   #7919
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Does that make a difference?

I do believe so.....as earths atmosphere bends and distorts their light.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:00 PM   #7920
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

"Now the Yahwist's primeval narrative is itself a marvelous example of mythmaking based upon prior Mesopotamian myths, notably Atrahasis and Gilgamesh. Interestingly, the reappropriation of mythic traditions and intertextual borrowing posited for biblical writers was already present within ancient Babylonia, and illustrates that biblical writers must be understood within the larger ancient Near Eastern literary and theological tradition."
http://www.bibleorigins.net/YahwehYawUgarit.html
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: