Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #46
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki1997
Hard to be be female here, isn't it ???
Oh I don't know, Ghostyapper does quite well.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #47
FEARTHECHOMP
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Wow, that is just sad. I'm sure everyone gets cleaner trips in bigger fields, just like in the Derby.

Nothing to do with trip....Its all about the pace set up...St Trinians will get the 1st run here....Zenyatta will have to stretch her legs in this one....
FEARTHECHOMP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #48
letswastemoney

I just thought it was strange that Shirreffs worries about the field size when he chose this race.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #49
Nikki1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbanger
Saying that Zenyatta has left California 1 out of 2 times this year is like if I ever got called up to the majors and went 1 for 2 saying I am a true .500 hitter. LOL.

Wrong . It is exactly as stated, and she did .

Has nothing to do with your ball playing ...
Nikki1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2010, 10:20 PM   #50
Nikki1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEARTHECHOMP
Nothing to do with trip....Its all about the pace set up...St Trinians will get the 1st run here....Zenyatta will have to stretch her legs in this one....
Exactly .

But I don't get his apprehension about St. Trinians--if what he said was not taken out of context .

Smaller fields can wind up with a speed duel in front or a crawl for all, but this should realistically not worry him .

St. Trinians is a neat mare and very catty--eggbeater movements aside--but JS should expect Z would actually have to stretch her legs once in a while ..
Old 06-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #51
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

Hard to be be clueless here, isn't it ???
FTFY
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #52
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Decent bunch:

Cj...I hope this is not considered "off-topic", but these tomato cans you posted seem to have a shelf life that expired over 3 years ago. I am warning you in case you were thinking of using them...I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you.

We would hate to be left without your "biting" sense of humor for any length of time...

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-04-2010 at 11:16 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #53
Zenyatta To Crush

I'm one of the biggest Zenyatta fans in the world but I am quite scared of this race. Zenyatta's worst two races, in MY opinion, were both of her Vanity races. Those are the two races where it looked like she was spinning her wheels a bit.

St Trinians is a solid horse and if its like a 4 horse field and Z has to carry like 10 more pounds than her...than anything can happen.

She's also had some slower workouts lately, but I'm disregarding them because they keep working her with a slow maiden and they always work her so she finished only a few lengths in front of her workmate.

I still predict a victory but I sure hope Mike Smith doesn't get overly confident and find himself in another Clement Hirsch situation.
Zenyatta To Crush is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #54
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Cj...I hope this is not considered "off-topic", but these tomato cans you posted seem to have a shelf life that expired over 3 years ago. I am warning you in case you were thinking of using them...I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you.

We would hate to be left without your "biting" sense of humor for any length of time...
No one does passive aggresive like you.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
What is true now, is that posts get deleted.
Inappropriate comments and personal attacks will always be removed. True then and true now.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #56
Nikki1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Inappropriate comments and personal attacks will always be removed. True then and true now.
Subjective, but it is your forum, your opinion , and your final word, of course .

Thanks for the explanation .
Old 06-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #57
Hedevar

Pace,

I had an idea my comments might be deleted when I wrote them. There are just some things I will simply not stand for. My apologies.
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #58
ghostyapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Let's give full disclosure here. Certain inappropriate comments and personal attacks will always be removed while others will be left or encouraged. It all depends on who posts it and what topic they are discussing

Pace can you explain to me the difference between this thread and the one that was deleted instantly that rachel will be running in claiming races soon? How about the "rachel's connections bob and weave" that you threatened to close because of repetitiveness?
ghostyapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #59
eastie
Double Secret Probation

Saratoga

I've got to think that Zenyatta is headed for Saratoga. It would be great for the game, and she deserves to run at the Spa. It would be awesome to see her there.
eastie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #60
castaway01

First of all, the tomato can post to start the thread was hilarious.

Second, the Vanity will be another boring race where Zenyatta jogs for six furlongs, kicks in late and runs past nothing. Wowee.

I will be fair and concede that her whole career has been managed well from the perspective of keeping her undefeated---the connections only run her in races where she has to put up a top effort once a year or so. The rest of her races are like paid workouts in southern California. No one can deny her machine-like consistency, but it's certainly not very "sporting" or "interesting". I know some feel the owners shouldn't care about those things, but as a racing fan I care about them, and that's how I see it.

I'm sure someone will reply with "But RA lost..." Um, this post isn't about her.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply