Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-28-2020, 10:27 AM   #61
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
H1N1 killed about 12,500 people compared to Covid's 200,000 people. In fact there may have been other diseases that killed more than H1N1. I'll let you research that.

I can't speak for others but, as I've posted before, my own position is that a fetus is not a human being until brain activity can be detected. There has to be a point in the reproductive cycle where human life is deemed to start. "Every sperm is sacred" (Monty Python) is, of course, ridiculous. A newly fertilized egg has little chance of being implanted in the uterine wall so why should it be considered the dividing line? What separates humans from lower animals is rational thinking, ergo, the beginning of brain activity is a logical choice.

What actions?

It's disputable. See the above.
Thousands of H1N1 deaths were called pneumonia. They were not keeping track nor was there a cash bonus for recording it.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #62
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Are you going to go on record as saying that there are no medical masks that protect the wearer?
I never said that!

What don't you get about exponential community growth, mesh size and and the difference in physical principles involved in the movement of both large viral droplets, and finer aerosol viral particles thru various types of mask materials, and hows even sleight filtering can impinge on a long line of exponential viral transmission?

Re-read both posts please.

Last edited by hcap; 09-28-2020 at 10:40 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2020, 10:49 AM   #63
chrisl

This post is straight at HCAP. Be a man. Awful weak to go on my reputation and call me names. What a fkn pussie. Man joke.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2020, 11:14 AM   #64
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
This post is straight at HCAP. Be a man. Awful weak to go on my reputation and call me names. What a fkn pussie. Man joke.
Boxcar is the one who constazntly insults me particularity when he is losing the debate, which is always.

I give as good as I get to fools.

f"kn pussie"? Have I ever insulted you pal?

I will let that slide this time.

Last edited by hcap; 09-28-2020 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #65
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I never said that!

What don't you get about exponential community growth, mesh size and and the difference in physical principles involved in the movement of both large viral droplets, and finer aerosol viral particles thru various types of mask materials, and hows even sleight filtering can impinge on a long line of exponential viral transmission?

Re-read both posts please.
So, you believe, then, that masks that self-protect the wearer cannot mitigate "expoential community growth"?
Old 09-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #66
hcap

Quote:
So, you believe, then, that masks that self-protect the wearer cannot mitigate "expoential community growth"?
Incoherent nonsense!!!

Read my two previous posts I linked.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:59 PM   #67
boxcar

Quote:
Incoherent nonsense!!!

Read my two previous posts I linked.
Answer the specific question: YES or NO!

First, you implied that the only kind of masks that exists are those that protect others. But when I pressed you on it, you backed off that because we all know that N95s are designed to protect the wearer.

So, answer my last question.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:42 PM   #68
hcap

Quote:
Answer the specific question: YES or NO!

First, you implied that the only kind of masks that exists are those that protect others. But when I pressed you on it, you backed off that because we all know that N95s are designed to protect the wearer.

So, answer my last question.
Drink less coffee Mr Wizard. Your latest question is incoherent. Try again. However all the info you need is covered in depth in my previous 2 posts I linkeed
Old 09-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #69
boxcar

Quote:
Drink less coffee Mr Wizard. Your latest question is incoherent. Try again. However all the info you need is covered in depth in my previous 2 posts I linkeed
Nothing incoherent about my post #65. It's a simple, straightforward question that requires either a yes or no. And the blather you wrote in your last two posts don't deal with masks that protect the wearer. You were only talking about masks that one wears to protect others.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:59 AM   #70
hcap

Quote:
Nothing incoherent about my post #65. It's a simple, straightforward question that requires either a yes or no. And the blather you wrote in your last two posts don't deal with masks that protect the wearer. You were only talking about masks that one wears to protect others.
I don't understand your incoherent question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
What does "self protect the wearer mean"? And what does da hell does that have to do with mitigating exponential community spread? I do not speak boxcarian.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:14 AM   #71
boxcar

Quote:
I don't understand your incoherent question.

What does "self protect the wearer mean"? And what does da hell does that have to do with mitigating exponential community spread? I do not speak boxcarian.
Okay....you have masks that you, Flip Flop Fauci and the rest of the dimly lit light bulbs in this country are ramming down everyone's throats that do not protect the wearers per se but allegedly protect others who come into close proximity to the wearer. Any ol' mask will do: a used baby diaper, an old sock, a colorful scarf, a wild west bandana, -- whatever. And we're required to wear these because somehow we're responsible for the personal health of others. The burden has been laid on us to protect others from becoming infected. And now you tell us that by wearing such masks that we're "mitigating exponential community spread".

My argument since the very beginning of this scamdemic is that among the common sense mitigation policies that should have been implemented from the very beginning was that if someone feels it's necessary to mask up, then wear a freakin' mask that protects the wearer. And the best mask for doing that would be the N95 because it will keep out 95% of very small particles, making these masks much more efficient for protecting the wearer.

But instead of the government ginning up manufacturing of N95s, the CDC from the very beginning has actually discouraged the masses from using the N95s because this much superior mask is reserved for first respsonders, medical practitioners, etc.. Instead public health officials want us peons in society to use inferior face diapers and at the same time impose a guilt trip upon those who do not cooperate by telling us that we must protect others around us.

So, here's the bottom line, Meathead: If everyone is so freakin' concerned about "mitigating exponential community spread", then the best way and the most logical way to accomplish that without burdening the entire population unnecessarily is for public health officials to supply N95s to anyone who wants to mask up.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:27 AM   #72
hcap

If the Defense Production Act had been implemented yes N95' could have been issued.

At the start of the pandemic, masks were recommended for health care workers not the general public, due y to huge shortages of all PPE equip.

"At the beginning of the coronavirus outbreak, the stockpile contained only about 12 million of the 3.5 billion N95 masks that federal officials estimated the health-care system would need to fight this pandemic back in March. “I’m not aware of a major effort to restock the stockpile with N95 respirators after the 2009 drawdown "

And the effectiveness of fine mesh cloth masks were not considered. At the start of the pandemic experts didn't know the extent to which people with COVID-19 could spread the virus before symptoms appeared. Nor was it known that some people have COVID-19 but don't have any symptoms. Both groups can unknowingly spread the virus to others. These discoveries led public health groups to do an about-face on face masks. The World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now include face masks in their recommendations for slowing the spread of the virus. The CDC recommends cloth face masks for the public and not the surgical and N95 masks needed by health care providers.

Last edited by hcap; 09-29-2020 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:19 PM   #73
boxcar

Quote:
If the Defense Production Act had been implemented yes N95' could have been issued.

At the start of the pandemic, masks were recommended for health care workers not the general public, due y to huge shortages of all PPE equip.

"At the beginning of the coronavirus outbreak, the stockpile contained only about 12 million of the 3.5 billion N95 masks that federal officials estimated the health-care system would need to fight this pandemic back in March. “I’m not aware of a major effort to restock the stockpile with N95 respirators after the 2009 drawdown "

And the effectiveness of fine mesh cloth masks were not considered. At the start of the pandemic experts didn't know the extent to which people with COVID-19 could spread the virus before symptoms appeared. Nor was it known that some people have COVID-19 but don't have any symptoms. Both groups can unknowingly spread the virus to others. These discoveries led public health groups to do an about-face on face masks. The World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now include face masks in their recommendations for slowing the spread of the virus. The CDC recommends cloth face masks for the public and not the surgical and N95 masks needed by health care providers.
Why at this late stage of this scamdemic aren't N95s readily available? Why is the CDC still recommending markedly inferior face diapers be worn by all? The answer is obvious: To prolong this scamdemic. They are intentionally prolonging it by "slowing it down", as you have so often said.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:48 PM   #74
hcap

Quote:
Why at this late stage of this scamdemic aren't N95s readily available? Why is the CDC still recommending markedly inferior face diapers be worn by all? The answer is obvious: To prolong this scamdemic. They are intentionally prolonging it by "slowing it down", as you have so often said.
I just said.......

"If the Defense Production Act had been implemented yes N95' could have been issued."

Trump is a screw up. He could have implemented masks, rapid response testing, and PPE. I called for a "Manhattan project", before I new of that Act by name. Ramping up testing a thousand fold back in March.

I am no longer interested in educating you and your schizoid paranoid "scandemic" mentality. Babble on without me Mr Wizard.

Last edited by hcap; 09-29-2020 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:18 PM   #75
boxcar

Quote:
I just said.......

"If the Defense Production Act had been implemented yes N95' could have been issued."

Trump is a screw up. He could have implemented masks, rapid response testing, and PPE. I called for a "Manhattan project", before I new of that Act by name. Ramping up testing a thousand fold back in March.

I am no longer interested in educating you and your schizoid paranoid "scandemic" mentality. Babble on without me Mr Wizard.
If Ifs and Buts were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas.

Here we are the most powerful and wealthiest nation on the planet and we can't get N95s out en masse to the public...even after all these months.!? You simple-minded nitwits are just content to sit on your hands and blame Trump for everything under the sun.

Or was there something in that "Defense Production Act" that prohibited action being taken after the fact?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: