Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-08-2023, 04:01 PM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle r View Post
I didn’t set out to insult you, but maybe if you didn’t first bring a certain jerk store vibe to the convo. Maybe on your days off you stay off the internet and work on cultivating a bit more self-awareness. Or is it just internet Andy who’s oblivious?
Unless you plan on outing yourself so we can all go super-critical on your ass every time you make a move, I suggest you go back to perma-lurk mode.

With 12 years here and only 30ish posts...that should be easy to do
Old 03-08-2023, 04:08 PM   #32
kyle r

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Unless you plan on outing yourself so we can all go super-critical on your ass every time you make a move, I suggest you go back to perma-lurk mode.

What are you gonna do, ban me? If that’s your cope. The linear nature of reality however, and this thread, will show anyone who can read it without recourse to the voices in their head who it was who began the disingenuous back and forth.
kyle r is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2023, 04:11 PM   #33
the little guy

Quote:

I gotta get to work on my self awareness, so I only have limited time to laugh about clowns like him. Dormant for 12 years! Man do I bring out the lunatics.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2023, 04:15 PM   #34
kyle r

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
I gotta get to work on my self awareness, so I only have limited time to laugh about clowns like him. Dormant for 12 years! Man do I bring out the lunatics.
You maybe shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet, especially with that mid-wit mind of yours.
Old 03-08-2023, 04:33 PM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
What are you gonna do, ban me?
Why in the world would I do that?
Old 03-08-2023, 04:36 PM   #36
o_crunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
We have run 34 days in 2023 at Aqueduct. We have run 19 more races than in 2022.

The above post, which claims to be factual, is a perfect example of what I meant about misinformation on the internet.

I was wrong. Here's the correct data. Overall handle -8.2% (-$18.2M) on 11 more races. -8.3 per interest (-$9.3K) and -11.7% per race (-$93.4K).

It's not so hard to admit when I'm wrong and correct myself. Sorry for the screw up. I don't think it materially changed the point tho.
o_crunk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2023, 04:40 PM   #37
kyle r

Quote:
Why in the world would I do that?
Cool. I thought that was the implied threat. I see now the threat was “criticism,” which to me is not a threat at all. I don’t say anything I’m not prepared to back up and the working of my mind is open to any and all sincere scrutiny. I only ask the same of others.
Old 03-08-2023, 07:33 PM   #38
Bustin Stones

It's unfair to expect anyone associated with racing to appear in these forums to defend anything that happens in racing. No one here has earned the right to be critical of a contributor in Pace Advantage in terms of their involvement in the racing product. And, no, betting on races doesn't qualify you.
And should anyone connected to racing believe that comments about racing reflect personally on them, that would be unfortunate.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2023, 10:55 PM   #39
usfgeology

Quote:

Cmon man. You’re suggesting that the opposite side of the coin, i.e. Formula 200X’s post vomit, deserves more credit here than a lurker calling out and defending their position - based on actual metrics? Lap dog-itis as I see it. Bigly…

And no shit you don’t ban anyone, we’re all putting food on the table with ad views, as you’ve put forth so delicately on previous occasions.
usfgeology is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2023, 12:45 AM   #40
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by usfgeology View Post
And no shit you don’t ban anyone, we’re all putting food on the table with ad views, as you’ve put forth so delicately on previous occasions.
Now that’s funny. Mike’s really knocking it down!
Old 03-09-2023, 07:00 AM   #41
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Now that’s funny. Mike’s really knocking it down!
Who knew that running an internet forum in 2023 was the REAL moneymaking opportunity?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2023, 07:52 AM   #42
Bustin Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Who knew that running an internet forum in 2023 was the REAL moneymaking opportunity?
My wife listens to conservative talk radio in the AM and watches Fox News' "The Five" later. She cannot have a convo without a segue into politics. Whatever that is, Mike has tapped into that vein.
I believe this laser focus on partisan politics will run its course, but what do I know?
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2023, 08:36 AM   #43
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The discussion and comparison is not year to date, but January and February. Or am I wrong?
RIF.....this is what he replied too. Operative word here is read.
You can take night classes, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_crunk View Post
Through this morning, AQU handle at the current meet, which began on 1/1/23,
Old 03-09-2023, 08:57 AM   #44
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Just wait 'til the new HISA policies kick in March 27; that'll turn those handle stats completely around.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2023, 04:42 PM   #45
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
My wife listens to conservative talk radio in the AM and watches Fox News' "The Five" later. She cannot have a convo without a segue into politics. Whatever that is, Mike has tapped into that vein.
I believe this laser focus on partisan politics will run its course, but what do I know?
That’s what ruins it here for folks like me. It’s supposed to be a horse racing group. You know called “Pace Advantage “ ! Maybe some sports is appropriate but this political crap is awful. And that’s what gets the most hits. Both sides have regressed into looney land and people believe that garbage . It’s such a joke to anyone that actually reads or thinks for themselves. It’s like adults that believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny . And they are obsessed ! Following that crap is how assholes from BOTH sides get away with what they do. And both sides are just terrible options for our country. Christ, be honest for once and face it people . Before it’s too late !

And one of the reasons I follow Horse racing and sports is to distance myself from that stuff . But the one thing I like is that chowder heads like that bet , they are not exactly open minded , thinkers . They are followers , so taking their money in pools isn’t very difficult. At least there’s that ! Lol
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply