Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 07-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

2018-19 NBA

Paul George staying in OKC the first domino to drop. Ariza leaving Houston is gonna hurt IMO. Jordan to Dallas...meh.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
lansdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Paul George staying in OKC the first domino to drop. Ariza leaving Houston is gonna hurt IMO. Jordan to Dallas...meh.
Below, I moved my calls from the Lebron thread -- PG was alrady leaning, so not much of a surprise there. Since, LBJ opted out, no chance of a sign-and-trade at HOU, and it sounds like Harden didn't want him, regardless. Will be tougher for them sans Ariza. Since it appears that LBJ is waiting to see where Kawhi ends up, everything seems to hinge now on whether/when the Spurs can make a deal. Sounds like Lakers already rejected their offer -- asking too much. Sixers have been offering Saric and Covington, but balked at including Fultz, whose shooting has supposedly improved big time. So possibly nothing happending there. Spurs really in a terrible bind -- KL doesn't want to play in SA, but they're going to get seriously burned if they trade him. Not impossible everyone stands pat.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:01 PM #116
lansdale

?
As some have said here, very doubtful that KL ends up in L.A. - Spurs don't want to help a division rival -- and it's even more doubtful therefore that Lebron shows up w/o KL there. But PG to L.A. -- maybe. My guesses for where these three FAs end up.

KL
1. Philadelphia
2. San Antonio

LBJ
1. Cleveland
2. Houston

PG
1.OKC
2. L.A.

Sixers have a ton of cap room, so could accomodate either KL or LBJ. But LBJ only has a good chance to beat GSW at HOU. Will everyone take a cut to fit LBJ under the cap there -- sounds like yes -- only question is whether he's tired of moving around at this age. Spurs still begging Kawhi to stay -- will it work? PG sounds happy at OKC -- 70-30 he remains there. Hopefully they can dump Melo.
lansdale is invisible Add to lansdale's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote Reply Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2018, 09:01 PM   #3
lansdale

Lebron to Lakers

Surprised that LBJ going somewhere he's guaranteed not to win it. Maybe looking to set-up post-career business moves. If the Lakers do end up coming through with a package for Kawhi, still believe this team will be too gutted to contend. Should be interesting, though.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
Surprised that LBJ going somewhere he's guaranteed not to win it. Maybe looking to set-up post-career business moves. If the Lakers do end up coming through with a package for Kawhi, still believe this team will be too gutted to contend. Should be interesting, though.

I agree, also Lebron will turn 34 at the end of the year, while not slowing down yet he is at the age where athletes can start aging in dog years at any time. It isn't like he has a lot of time for the Lakers to build a team around him. Right now the supporting cast on the Lakers isn't even close to as good as he had in Cleveland. Even if you add Kawhi, last I checked Golden State still had 4 all-stars that are 30 years old or under.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I agree, also Lebron will turn 34 at the end of the year, while not slowing down yet he is at the age where athletes can start aging in dog years at any time. It isn't like he has a lot of time for the Lakers to build a team around him. Right now the supporting cast on the Lakers isn't even close to as good as he had in Cleveland. Even if you add Kawhi, last I checked Golden State still had 4 all-stars that are 30 years old or under.
LeBron played great last year, but there are definitely signs he is slowing down via the eye test. Maybe he just wanted to have late May and June off this year.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
LeBron played great last year, but there are definitely signs he is slowing down via the eye test. Maybe he just wanted to have late May and June off this year.
Now that I'm a laker fan, why did we sign lance Stephenson? Especially with his history with LeBron.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
Now that I'm a laker fan, why did we sign lance Stephenson? Especially with his history with LeBron.

I am a Laker hater and have 2 good reasons to be one. I will enjoy the drama now that they have Lebron and hope they don't assemble a good supporting cast around him. I can't wait to see what happens the first time Lebron gets in Lonzo's face for his brick throwing. I am wondering if Magic Johnson and Lebron will get along, stay tuned.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #8
ronsmac

Quote:
I am a Laker hater and have 2 good reasons to be one. I will enjoy the drama now that they have Lebron and hope they don't assemble a good supporting cast around him. I can't wait to see what happens the first time Lebron gets in Lonzo's face for his brick throwing. I am wondering if Magic Johnson and Lebron will get along, stay tuned.
I stopped being a fan of individual teams about 30 yrs ago but the one team I hated for 15 years is the San Antonio Spurs. there will be a lot of drama in La this year which will make watching the NBA tons of fun.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:53 PM   #9
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I stopped being a fan of individual teams about 30 yrs ago but the one team I hated for 15 years is the San Antonio Spurs. there will be a lot of drama in La this year which will make watching the NBA tons of fun.

I followed sports at a very young age, I listened to all the Laker games on radio and watched on TV when they were on since I was 5. At the age of 8 my dad took me to see the Lakers play the San Diego Rockets in San Diego in 1969. At an early shoot around I tried to get Laker players to autograph a ball I brought in, they all ignored me like I was not there. Elvin Hayes of the Rockets came over and signed my ball. I hated the Lakers ever since. The other reason was when I ignored my hate and bet on them to win the NBA championship in 1991, they won the first game and then lost 4 straight to the Bulls. F**k the Lakers.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #10
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Am I the only one who's sick and tired of all this LeBron stuff? ESPN is having an orgy over it. The morning show with Greenberg and Jalen has devoted about 80% of its show to this.
How about the World Cup? Or Wimbledon? Or baseball?
Old 07-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #11
ronsmac

Quote:
I followed sports at a very young age, I listened to all the Laker games on radio and watched on TV when they were on since I was 5. At the age of 8 my dad took me to see the Lakers play the San Diego Rockets in San Diego in 1969. At an early shoot around I tried to get Laker players to autograph a ball I brought in, they all ignored me like I was not there. Elvin Hayes of the Rockets came over and signed my ball. I hated the Lakers ever since. The other reason was when I ignored my hate and bet on them to win the NBA championship in 1991, they won the first game and then lost 4 straight to the Bulls. F**k the Lakers.
I have a very similar story about Eddie Murray of the Baltimore Orioles. I rooted against him for the remainder of his career after he refused to sign his autograph for me when I was a kid.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #12
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Am I the only one who's sick and tired of all this LeBron stuff? ESPN is having an orgy over it. The morning show with Greenberg and Jalen has devoted about 80% of its show to this.
How about the World Cup? Or Wimbledon? Or baseball?
80% is a disgusting amount of time. It should have been 95% at minimum.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #13
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
80% is a disgusting amount of time. It should have been 95% at minimum.
Haaaa!
Lakers won't win a title with LeBron
Old 07-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #14
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Let me be the first to congratulate LeBron and the Lakers on their runner up finish in the Western Conf next year 😂
Old 07-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #15
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
I have a very similar story about Eddie Murray of the Baltimore Orioles. I rooted against him for the remainder of his career after he refused to sign his autograph for me when I was a kid.

I once waited in a line to get an autograph from Eddie Murray after a game. 1987? Ed-die signed several autographs, i had advanced to about 3rd in line and then he hopped into a limo with a girlfriend and rolled up the windows as he left the scene.

LeBron to Lakers? I like it. I hope they are somewhat competitive. One rumor has Kawhi Leonard joining him after 1 year. Some risk as to whether they will field a good team. He's able to perform, but it comes down to whether he wants to work and how his body holds up under the work and the drugs. Has to stay motivated. This season should be somewhat easy with the big move, but that could fade if they are a non-contender.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: