Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-04-2021, 08:49 PM   #1
MargieRose

Seattle is Dying

This was Seattle two years ago. Imagine what it is today post China virus...
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
chrisl

In my youth. Spending a day in Seattle was so much fun. All you had to do is stay away from 1st avenue. What a crap hole now. Sad
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2021, 09:09 PM   #3
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
This was Seattle two years ago. Imagine what it is today post China virus...
https://youtu.be/bpAi70WWBlw
Come on, Liberals. Defend the current state of one of your Crown Jewel cities.
You have plenty to say about everybody else's business.

We're all waiting.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:11 PM   #4
ultracapper

It's heartbreaking what has happened to this city. The social environment is one of practically militant leftism. It's getting very hard to breathe here.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2021, 09:14 PM   #5
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
It's heartbreaking what has happened to this city. The social environment is one of practically militant leftism. It's getting very hard to breathe here.
Thanks for your perspective as a Resident, ultracapper. We see and hear the reporting...but both sides are in the Shitter SO BAD.

Thanks, again.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:17 PM   #6
davew

this thread has a follow-up 'The Fight for the Soul of Seattle'

from Dec. 2020

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...hlight=seattle
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2021, 09:58 PM   #7
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Thanks for your perspective as a Resident, ultracapper. We see and hear the reporting...but both sides are in the Shitter SO BAD.

Thanks, again.
I honestly think the biggest problem in Seattle is that people are afraid to speak their mind. This past summer, when we had protests out in the street, it was literally dangerous to even suggest that maybe there was another side to the issues at hand. You were either anti-police and supportive of all the alternative lifestyles and "victims" of the centuries of social injustice, or you were a bigot and a person to be reviled. Only the very loudest are being heard in Seattle right now, and they are all of the very bleedingist of liberals. You are very careful what you say in public around here right now. The best that can happen to you is to be scoffed at and ignored or ostracized, the worst is literally to be assaulted. Public transit is a danger zone. Those that have been victimized and just feel a need to lash out due to pent up anger at the system could target you or me as outlet for that anger at any time. The number of incidents on buses over the past year are frightening. And many have been vicious. Just walking down the street, you can just be randomly punched in the face by some young man that has been indoctrinated with the idea that he's been denied his fair due.

The homeless population is large and visible. There is not a neighborhood in Seattle, aside from the very finest of gated communities, that doesn't have it's "tent village". Public parks, golf courses, parking lots, under bridges, community centers, everywhere, tents, tents, and more tents. They are dens of drug addicts and mentally challenged at best, rapists, thieves and professional criminals at worst. These people swarm at convenience stores and supermarkets, and employees are advised to stay away from them, allow them to conduct their "business" and call the police, that never show up, to handle it. Unlike most large metropolitan cities, it doesn't centralize in the core business district. It is city wide here. It is east, west, north and south. It is in neighborhoods that 40 years ago were nothing but working class home owners, raising families. And each and every one of these people have rights, rights to crap where they please, verbally and physically assault people on a whim, steal, vandalize, and tag your property, and any other number of things, because the world has treated them unfairly. And there is a huge movement of people in this city that support these people, and suggest that they would all behave if they were only given the chance and a fair shake at opportunities that everyone else gets.

It's beyond putrid.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2021, 10:49 PM   #8
Elkchester Road

Quote:
I honestly think the biggest problem in Seattle is that people are afraid to speak their mind. This past summer, when we had protests out in the street, it was literally dangerous to even suggest that maybe there was another side to the issues at hand. You were either anti-police and supportive of all the alternative lifestyles and "victims" of the centuries of social injustice, or you were a bigot and a person to be reviled. Only the very loudest are being heard in Seattle right now, and they are all of the very bleedingist of liberals. You are very careful what you say in public around here right now. The best that can happen to you is to be scoffed at and ignored or ostracized, the worst is literally to be assaulted. Public transit is a danger zone. Those that have been victimized and just feel a need to lash out due to pent up anger at the system could target you or me as outlet for that anger at any time. The number of incidents on buses over the past year are frightening. And many have been vicious. Just walking down the street, you can just be randomly punched in the face by some young man that has been indoctrinated with the idea that he's been denied his fair due.

The homeless population is large and visible. There is not a neighborhood in Seattle, aside from the very finest of gated communities, that doesn't have it's "tent village". Public parks, golf courses, parking lots, under bridges, community centers, everywhere, tents, tents, and more tents. They are dens of drug addicts and mentally challenged at best, rapists, thieves and professional criminals at worst. These people swarm at convenience stores and supermarkets, and employees are advised to stay away from them, allow them to conduct their "business" and call the police, that never show up, to handle it. Unlike most large metropolitan cities, it doesn't centralize in the core business district. It is city wide here. It is east, west, north and south. It is in neighborhoods that 40 years ago were nothing but working class home owners, raising families. And each and every one of these people have rights, rights to crap where they please, verbally and physically assault people on a whim, steal, vandalize, and tag your property, and any other number of things, because the world has treated them unfairly. And there is a huge movement of people in this city that support these people, and suggest that they would all behave if they were only given the chance and a fair shake at opportunities that everyone else gets.

It's beyond putrid.
Thank you for your reply, ultracapper. What I wonder about is when the Citizens of Seattle decide that since the City has disregarded their safety and well-being...they will look out for it themselves.

I am originally from Lexington, KY...a fairly Liberal City of just over 300,000. There is very little of this in Lexington. The City has a pretty strong Police presence. Lexington has it's share of problems...but not this.

I currently live in a small Town called London. It is about an hour or so South of Lexington. Technically it is considered the dreaded "Southeastern Kentucky" but is right on Interstate 75. Trust me when I tell you none of that shit happens here. Are there problems here? Yes..but they tend to be Domestic issues (under a roof and behind walls). While small, the population here has almost doubled in the last 12 years. These new residents are well-meaning people who got sick of where they were. Is big city Urban life going to Hell this quickly?
Old 04-04-2021, 11:08 PM   #9
Greyfox

Quote:

It's beyond putrid.
Excellent post!

All over America the tail is wagging the dog!
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2021, 12:28 AM   #10
kingfin66
Bombardier

I live in a suburb of Seattle, Auburn (think Emerald Downs). There is no way that I ever go to Seattle for any reason since I no longer live there or have family in the city. I pretty much spent my youth in Seattle as my parents had a business just outside of downtown. It was once a city with so much beauty and character. It was a big city with small city charm. That seems like so long ago. I just shake my head when I see the day-to-day ridiculous actions taken by the city council. The city, and its sister city Portland, have become laughing stocks, and rightfully so.

I have more or less resigned myself to not posting on social media much any more, but this thread really struck a nerve. It is not just Seattle, though. This is a bad situation in many cities. What do to about it?
Old 04-05-2021, 12:32 AM   #11
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
I live in a suburb of Seattle, Auburn (think Emerald Downs). There is no way that I ever go to Seattle for any reason since I no longer live there or have family in the city. I pretty much spent my youth in Seattle as my parents had a business just outside of downtown. It was once a city with so much beauty and character. It was a big city with small city charm. That seems like so long ago. I just shake my head when I see the day-to-day ridiculous actions taken by the city council. The city, and its sister city Portland, have become laughing stocks, and rightfully so.

I have more or less resigned myself to not posting on social media much any more, but this thread really struck a nerve. It is not just Seattle, though. This is a bad situation in many cities. What do to about it?
kingfin66, how far is Auburn from Seattle? When I see the Emerald Downs signal on my ADW it sure looks like a beautiful place.
Old 04-05-2021, 03:57 AM   #12
TJDave

Seattle may be dying but real estate prices aren’t.

Krazy expensive. What’s up with that?
Old 04-05-2021, 06:35 AM   #13
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Seattle may be dying but real estate prices aren’t.

Krazy expensive. What’s up with that?
give it time, who would buy there?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2021, 07:02 AM   #14
chrisl

Quote:

Born and raised in the Puyallup/Graham area.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2021, 09:31 AM   #15
mrhorseplayer

Quote:

I like auburn, delivered load right by emerald downs and there's truck parking at emerald downs
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: