Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-28-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
Fager Fan
Veteran

Yet racing bows to this man and his money

https://horse-canada.com/horse-news/...gKdZJgnCIcqOhk

This guy was involved with all the poor boys who were enslaved and raped as camel jockeys.

Racing should shun him instead of bow to his money. He is a despicable human being.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/939550...es-31-million/

More
Old 06-29-2019, 06:03 AM   #3
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
camel jockeys.
I believe the phrase "camel jockey" is considered derogatory the same as calling a backside worker from Mexico a wetback?

Would like to know if these terms are acceptable to the forum software. Seems like it should be one of the phrases that would be flagged. PaceAdvantage?

Per Wiki's dictionary, wicktionary:

"Noun. camel jockey (plural camel jockeys) An athlete who rides camels in races. (slang, offensive, ethnic slur) An Arab.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-29-2019 at 06:15 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2019, 06:17 AM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I believe the phrase "camel jockey" is considered derogatory the same as calling a backside worker from Mexico a wetback?

Would like to know if these terms are acceptable to the forum software. Seems like it should be one of the phrases that would be flagged. PaceAdvantage?

"Noun. camel jockey (plural camel jockeys) An athlete who rides camels in races. (slang, offensive, ethnic slur) An Arab.
He’s talking about real camel jocks........
Old 06-29-2019, 06:21 AM   #5
clicknow

Quote:

Edit: I guess it depends on the context though.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:39 AM   #6
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
He’s talking about real camel jocks........

Ahhhhhh, so in your mind, the two-year-old girl who recently drowned at the border was a real...

Thus the racist expression is OK in your mind???

That's really brilliant.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2019, 11:06 AM   #7
Hambletonian

I would have bet the OP was referring to a child jockey who rode camels and not as a racist term for Arabs. And I would have also bet that nobody in this world or the next would use the image of that horrific recent tragedy to make a point.
Hambletonian is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
Ahhhhhh, so in your mind, the two-year-old girl who recently drowned at the border was a real...

That's really brilliant.
He is talking abut REAL camel jockeys - and it is NOT a racist term when it refers to REAL camel jockeys.

Here, educate yourself before shooting off your mouth again....

https://www.voanews.com/archive/thou...ys-middle-east

Old 06-29-2019, 12:14 PM   #9
clicknow

Quote:
This guy was involved with all the poor boys who were enslaved and raped as camel jockeys.
I guess I didn't read enough articles, but I guess I need some links.

How was this guy directly "involved" other than being the leader of a nation where this was happening?

According to a 2016 study by the University of Texas, approximately 79,000 children were victims of sex trafficking in Texas alone.

So----Does that mean our leader "is involved" with all the poor boys and girls who are being sex trafficked in the U.S. ?

Last edited by clicknow; 06-29-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:17 PM   #10
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I guess I didn't read enough articles, but I guess I need some links.

How was this guy directly "involved" other than being the leader of a nation where this was happening?

According to a 2016 study by the University of Texas, approximately 79,000 children were victims of sex trafficking in Texas alone.

So----Does that mean our leader "is involved" with all the poor boys and girls who are being sex trafficked in the U.S. ?
Unlike America, where our President can’t do whatever in the hell he wants, it’s not so in the UAE. Sheikh Mo’s wealth didn’t come from hard work but instead taking the wealth of the nation he rules over. The UAE Sheikhs own/control camel racing, just like they own/control horse racing. They all knew about and participated in the slavery, beatings, rapes, and starvation of these children. Some tried to file suit against Mo in the States but it was tossed due to jurisdiction issues.

That’s hard for me to overlook or forgive, even if they changed their ways in the past 15 years after the world started condemning them.

One of his daughters and now one of his wives (and her children) have fled for their lives. The daughter is believed to have been kidnapped back by Sheikh Mo and imprisoned.

So no, I’m not a fan. No one in this sport should be.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2019, 11:53 PM   #11
elhelmete

Quote:
Unlike America, where our President can’t do whatever in the hell he wants, it’s not so in the UAE. Sheikh Mo’s wealth didn’t come from hard work but instead taking the wealth of the nation he rules over. The UAE Sheikhs own/control camel racing, just like they own/control horse racing. They all knew about and participated in the slavery, beatings, rapes, and starvation of these children. Some tried to file suit against Mo in the States but it was tossed due to jurisdiction issues.

That’s hard for me to overlook or forgive, even if they changed their ways in the past 15 years after the world started condemning them.

One of his daughters and now one of his wives (and her children) have fled for their lives. The daughter is believed to have been kidnapped back by Sheikh Mo and imprisoned.

So no, I’m not a fan. No one in this sport should be.
Well put, and kudos.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2019, 12:45 AM   #12
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
He is talking abut REAL camel jockeys - and it is NOT a racist term when it refers to REAL camel jockeys.

Here, educate yourself before shooting off your mouth again....

https://www.voanews.com/archive/thou...ys-middle-east

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G51lJ-0L2eA
Tom, I applaud you for showing great restraint in your reply to AskHole, instead of calling him a moron, idiot, imbecile, jackass or other assorted choice verbiage, even though he deserved it, you declined....Well done.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2019, 01:01 AM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
...but I guess I need some links.
Try google?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2019, 03:27 AM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post

That's really brilliant.
I'm going to just assume you are confused...........
Old 06-30-2019, 04:26 AM   #15
clicknow

So much hypocrisy though.

U.S. thoroughbred breeders have heartily welcomed his money here and they are big spenders at our auctions. I guess they don't want to hear that big sucking sound as money leaves .....his spending sprees at our yearling sales have been bolstering our bloodstock economy for quite a wihile.

We have welcomed him and his horses, Godolphin racing stable and Darley and trainers like Saeed bin Suroor to our big races, and certainly have no problem going over there for the Dubai races and Dubai World Cup. I sure haven't seen any horse racing fans here "boycotting" Thunder Snow.
Baffert, who many here idolize, has made a LOT of $$ for Sheik Mo and apparently they have been "pretty tight". Sheik Mo personally arranged for his heart procedures when he had the heart attack in Dubai.

dubai was built on "slave-like" labor just like our railroads were. Trump was going to build a hotel there until the credit crunch in 2008. I believe greg norman and others have built things there. And many famous people like Roger Federer, etc. have 2nd homes there. Tiger Woods, Donald Trump et al. choosing to invest their money and and by making business deals, just like our U.S. breeders, perhaps some consider that by doing business with UAE, they give tacit approval to the values of that society?

But NOW we are going to hear about "these bad people" because 2 of our trainers have been found to not be paying their workers properly?????

Last edited by clicknow; 06-30-2019 at 04:29 AM.