Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:28 AM   #1906
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Futures are a sea of red everywhere, except CHINA....I thought a second wave of CV was hitting them again?....Joke.

https://www.investing.com/indices/indices-futures
RR, while I don't think it was your intent, how do you think the US and other countries should respond to China? Since it looks very likely they manufactured the virus in their Wuhan labs. We will have to carefully pull back as much essential manufacturing from them to lower the effects of a possible retaliation, if strong sanctions are placed against them.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2020, 09:55 AM   #1907
mikesal57
Veteran

Wasn't Trumps campaign to bring jobs back to the USA?
NOW is the time to do it!!!

To HELL with all these companies that hide behind the BS of the "shareholders" are their concerns
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2020, 10:05 AM   #1908
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Wasn't Trumps campaign to bring jobs back to the USA?
NOW is the time to do it!!!

To HELL with all these companies that hide behind the BS of the "shareholders" are their concerns
the industrial age is now a thing of the past here, its on to the information age. the information society is where the big money is now.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2020, 06:06 PM   #1909
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Guess my caution is unnecessary....futures are RIPPING UP since the close on news of a Gilead drug showing effectiveness against Virus....I guess Virus news is still very much in play...lulz

Futures closed the day around 2790....now trading at 2860....

It actually still doesn't nullify my prior post urging caution...it's still in the area....
Old 04-16-2020, 06:56 PM   #1910
mikesal57
Veteran

Happy Days are here again....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (62.1 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-16-2020, 08:03 PM   #1911
Tape Reader

I’m selling a higher opening.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2020, 09:03 PM   #1912
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
10 days ago you made the same call, you were dead-center bullseye....Think I'll go with your hot hand, you're "trending", so to speak...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2020, 11:28 PM   #1913
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
As of now you’ll get your chance. S&P futures up 88.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2020, 05:26 AM   #1914
lamboguy

i was just thinking about Mastercard and Visa, they make their money on the merchant fees. my guess is they get between 1.5%-3% of every purchase. also they must make plenty of money on the float right into the fractional banking system.

my thinking is that Jeff Baezos will go head to head with those 2 big brands and knock them out just like he has done to so many other good business models in the past. Amazon must be a very large part of these credit card company's business. all Baezos has to do is offer the customer the discount to get the customer to sign up and they will be using his card. after a few years he will raise his prices some other way and get all the money like he has been doing now for over 20 years.

those 2 credit card company's got to be great long term shorts in anticipation of what is to come.

i think Amazon already does have their own credit card, but not a processing company like Master and Visa.

Last edited by lamboguy; 04-17-2020 at 05:29 AM.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2020, 08:24 AM   #1915
Ocala Mike

I don't short, but along the same lines, Square, Inc. would probably be a good short candidate.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2020, 08:28 AM   #1916
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
I don't short, but along the same lines, Square, Inc. would probably be a good short candidate.
Put your heads together and think which companies WILL NOT come out of this because of the virus.....
Which sector will be hit hard?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (30.2 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by mikesal57; 04-17-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:22 AM   #1917
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Mike, is that a fundamental idea, as their chart to me looks more positive? But other than internet software, I know very little about their business.

Home builders like Pulte Group seem fundamentally like a good bet to track sideways or down in the next year.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:25 AM   #1918
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Put your heads together and think which companies WILL NOT come out of this because of the virus.....
Which sector will be hit hard?
I believe REITS will be hit hard(commercial esp.) and the Home Builders.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #1919
oughtoh

I think once businesses start opening that square will go up, IMO, but I am far from an expert. I am just going by people that I know use it for their businesses.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2020, 10:48 AM   #1920
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i was just thinking about Mastercard and Visa, they make their money on the merchant fees. my guess is they get between 1.5%-3% of every purchase. also they must make plenty of money on the float right into the fractional banking system.

my thinking is that Jeff Baezos will go head to head with those 2 big brands and knock them out just like he has done to so many other good business models in the past. Amazon must be a very large part of these credit card company's business. all Baezos has to do is offer the customer the discount to get the customer to sign up and they will be using his card. after a few years he will raise his prices some other way and get all the money like he has been doing now for over 20 years.

those 2 credit card company's got to be great long term shorts in anticipation of what is to come.

i think Amazon already does have their own credit card, but not a processing company like Master and Visa.
I've followed Master Card for a long time. My single most profitable stock in the past 10 years. A stop loss triggered a sale out of half my position back in late Feb. On one hand, I see consumers paying less and less with cash and getting levered up heavily in debt. OTOH, can't help but believe all discretionary purchases will be down significantly for several years. I would be very leery of shorting either MA or V, however. On good days, they are spring loaded.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: