Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #7036
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You mean you're not following the science of PCR testing?
Am I supposed to? I'm not getting paid to.

Quote:
You know of no one who has been tested?
I've been tested as a prep for surgery. They stuck a cotton swab up my nose. No one mentioned any acronyms.

Quote:
If not, how often do you get out?
Not very often. There's Covid out there.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:29 PM   #7037
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Am I supposed to? I'm not getting paid to.
So, informed people are supposed to be paid?

Quote:
I've been tested as a prep for surgery. They stuck a cotton swab up my nose. No one mentioned any acronyms.
It's possible that after you were put under, they did the anal probe thing, too.

Quote:
Not very often. There's Covid out there.
Yup...that plus you're a lib = FEAR. I understand.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:13 PM   #7038
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
So, informed people are supposed to be paid?
Life is short. No one can keep up with everything.

Quote:
It's possible that after you were put under, they did the anal probe thing, too.
I hope they did. That's what I was paying for.

Quote:
Yup...that plus you're a lib = FEAR. I understand.
I don't think you do understand, otherwise you'd be scared too. But then you think you're immortal.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:21 PM   #7039
boxcar

Quote:
Life is short. No one can keep up with everything.

In your case, it looks like you didn't keep up with anything.

Quote:
I hope they did. That's what I was paying for.

I think they did more to you than you bargained for.

Quote:
I don't think you do understand, otherwise you'd be scared too. But then you think you're immortal.
What is there to fear!? If God be for me, then who or what could be against me? Nothing can separate me from the love of God. Nothing. Not even this flu that going around that has been labeled "covid".
Old 04-18-2021, 06:40 PM   #7040
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
In your case, it looks like you didn't keep up with anything.
I've kept up with what matters. And I subscribe to Radiations Magazine.

Quote:
You can bargain with hospitals? I don't think so. Anyway I was under so what do I care. My insurance paid for the whole thing.

Quote:
What is there to fear!? If God be for me, then who or what could be against me? Nothing can separate me from the love of God. Nothing. Not even this flu that going around that has been labeled "covid".
It must be nice to be able to believe that in spite of there being no evidence to support it. Unfortunately I have this personal relationship with reality.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:45 PM   #7041
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Are you saying that if your oncologist were to tell you that he wants to stick a probe up your butt that you would say "no way!"
Old 04-18-2021, 07:10 PM   #7042
boxcar

Quote:
I've kept up with what matters.
Which apparently isn't very much.

Quote:
And I subscribe to Radiations Magazine.
Why? Have you been out in the sun too long?

Quote:
You can bargain with hospitals? I don't think so. Anyway I was under so what do I care. My insurance paid for the whole thing.
Sure you can. People do it all the time. But I guess that is something that doesn't matter to you.

Quote:
It must be nice to be able to believe that in spite of there being no evidence to support it. Unfortunately I have this personal relationship with reality.
I have plenty of evidence. I, too, have a personal relationship with reality...but Ultimate Reality: His name is YHWH; for from him and through him and to him are all things (Rom 11:36).
Old 04-18-2021, 09:20 PM   #7043
boxcar

Mr. Pa, sir, your silence is deafening to my 7012 post. Have you swallowed your tongue, or has a cat stole it? You seemed so confident in what your favorite rabbi taught you about the date of the crucifixion of Christ. But alas...what we obviously have here is another case of the blind leading the blind -- and we know there is only one inevitable, ill-fated end to that kind of partnership. Perhaps an annulment is in order between you two?

But please...spare me of further follies from rabbi Singer. No more of his inane, air-tight "contradictions", please.

However, I would ask that you do me a huge favor and present the good rabbi with two passages to which I would like answers for a change. Let's see if the rabbi, which means "teacher" can teach me for a change.

I'm fairly certain that he believes the ancient Hebrew prophets only wrote what was inspired by YHWH. And I'm even more confident that the rabbi knows that YHWH cannot lie. And I believe that the rabbi believes the promised Messiah will one day come. So, without further adieu, here are the passages:

Jer 31:35-36
35 This is what the LORD says,

he who appoints the sun
to shine by day,
who decrees the moon and stars
to shine by night,
who stirs up the sea
so that its waves roar —
the LORD Almighty is his name:
36 "Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,"
declares the LORD,
"will the descendants of Israel ever cease
to be a nation before me."

NIV

The problem here should even be quite obvious to you. The "descendants of Israel" (i.e. Jacob) ceased being a nation in 70 A.D. when Jews were dispersed throughout the world. Israel became a nation again in May of 1948. Yet, in spite of these historical facts, God did not revoke his creation decrees, as promised in the above passage. Doesn't this make YHWH a liar? How can YHWH ever be trusted?

And then this passage:

Jer 33:17-22
17 For this is what the LORD says: 'David will never fail to have a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel, 18 nor will the priests, who are Levites, ever fail to have a man to stand before me continually to offer burnt offerings, to burn grain offerings and to present sacrifices.'"

19 The word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: 20 "This is what the LORD says: 'If you can break my covenant with the day and my covenant with the night, so that day and night no longer come at their appointed time, 21 then my covenant with David my servant — and my covenant with the Levites who are priests ministering before me — can be broken and David will no longer have a descendant to reign on his throne. 22 I will make the descendants of David my servant and the Levites who minister before me as countless as the stars of the sky and as measureless as the sand on the seashore.'"

NIV

The problem here is similar to the one above. How can the rabbi still believe in the coming of the Messiah who will forever occupy King David's throne, since the Levitical priesthood also came to a screeching halt in 70 A.D. when both Jerusalem and the temple therein were utterly destroyed by Rome? AND...to this day, there is still no temple and, therefore, no priesthood. There are no priests standing before God day and night offering the sacrifices prescribed in the Law of Moses. Since God obviously broke his covenant with the Levites, then what would make rabbi Singer believe that the covenant God made with David is not also broken?

And of course, once again, it appears YHWH has lied, since neither the prophet Jeremiah or Israel certainly had no power to break God's creation covenant; yet, the Levitical priesthood is a thing of the past. How can this be?

Please contact this rabbi who you highly esteem and ask him these questions about these two passages. Or even better yet...invite him to this forum. I would love to engage with him.

Shalom
Old 04-18-2021, 09:21 PM   #7044
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
I've kept up with what matters.
Which apparently isn't very much.
It's quite a lot. It's what I can do something about that isn't very much.

Quote:
Quote:
And I subscribe to Radiations Magazine.
Why? Have you been out in the sun too long?
You have no idea what Radiations Magazine is do you.

Quote:
Quote:
You can bargain with hospitals? I don't think so.
Sure you can. People do it all the time.
How can you bargain with a hospital when its doctors, nurses, orderlies, staff, and all its other are forbidden by law to even know its prices, let alone bargain with patients? Can you name one patient who has successfully bargained with a hospital or a doctor?

Quote:
Quote:
I have plenty of evidence.
Yeah, I know. A holy book that makes essentially the same claims that thousands of other holy books across the planet make, and have made for thousands of years.

Last edited by Actor; 04-18-2021 at 09:24 PM.
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2021, 09:30 PM   #7045
boxcar

Quote:
It's quite a lot. It's what I can do something about that isn't very much.
What you can do something about, you kinda go out of your way to remain ignorant? Why am I not surprised?

Quote:
You have no idea what Radiations Magazine is do you.
Nor was I interested enough to "google" it.

Quote:
How can you bargain with a hospital when its doctors, nurses, orderlies, staff, and all its other are forbidden by law to even know its prices, let alone bargain with patients. Can you name one patient who has successfully bargained with a hospital or a doctor?
I was thinking more along the lines of bargaining with what they can and cannot do with your body. But since you're so trusting...

Quote:
Yeah, I know. A holy book that makes essentially the same claims that thousands of other holy books across the planet make, and have made for thousands of years.
Nah....trillions upon trillions of light years ahead of "other holy books".
Old 04-18-2021, 10:01 PM   #7046
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
What you can do something about, you kinda go out of your way to remain ignorant?
So name one thing that I can do something about ... and exactly what it is that I can do about it.

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of bargaining with what they can and cannot do with your body.
Well, when a doctor says "let is do this or you'll be dead within a year" he kinda has the upper hand at the bargaining table does he not?

Quote:
Nah....trillions upon trillions of light years ahead of "other holy books".
And just how did you measure that? By the way a light year is a measure of distance, not time, and the universe is not that big.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:11 PM   #7047
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Mr. Pa, sir, your silence is deafening to my 7012 post. Have you swallowed your tongue, or has a cat stole it?
What was I supposed to respond to? Your complete lack of defense/response to the presentation of grotesque contradictions in the NT?

Color me guilty I guess.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:27 PM   #7048
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Seems Christian Bibles screwed up Jeremiah 31 (the versus you quoted)...on purpose?

Essentially a theological circus act, as the Rabbi describes it.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-18-2021 at 10:31 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2021, 10:43 PM   #7049
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The Rabbi asks:

"What license did the writer of Hebrews have, to change the word of God?"
Old 04-18-2021, 10:55 PM   #7050
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Oh, and one more thing...this is what Jeremiah actually says:

"If these laws depart from before Me, says the Lord, so will the seed of Israel cease being a nation before Me for all time."

What I highlight above is quite different from your quotation (which is an inaccurate translation):

Quote:
"Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,"
declares the LORD,
"will the descendants of Israel ever cease
to be a nation before me."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: