Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:29 AM   #2371
lamboguy

the dollar just cracked to under 90

and it looks like 88 is coming soon.

in a month this place is going to be in one big mess if this dollar keeps dropping.. there are going to be some very unhappy campers out there.

Uncle Joe B. won the election, and i really don't think he knows what is in store for him going forward. and worse than that, i don't think he knows what to do either.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #2372
lamboguy

MP, what a nice stock this baby is.. yesterday before the Jim Cramer pump, stock goes up 10%, today after the pump it goes up another 20% on top of the 10% from yesterday and there is science fiction volume in the equity now.

this baby is going to 100 for sure and may do a TESLA, and probably more because TESLA needs MP, MP don't need TESLA. i like the way that sounds!
Old 12-18-2020, 03:24 PM   #2373
lamboguy

the dollar is having a small little bounce today... it still wants to drop to 88, but i can see it falling to 81...... the printing presses are working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.. they are giving more needed stimulus. the united states just got hit with a major cyber attack (thats not supposed to happen here). gold, silver, platinum, copper, steel, Zinc and lots of other metals are primed to run now.. silver on a confirmed run back to $30.. gold is unconfirmed it stopped short of making it back into range so far... so i guess you have divergence in the metals markets for now.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:37 PM   #2374
lamboguy

tonight TESLA gets added to the S+P at the close. the funds have to buy it.. the stock can go to $740 and even $850 now.. pretty sick, so i am trying to find a spot to short it on Monday.

I like MP much better than TESLA now because they got the product that all the electric vehicle company's need and with Biden coming in next month, he is going to make it tougher for Chinese stuff to come in here.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:57 AM   #2375
lamboguy

AIM

someone is moving into that stock today, and its not aunt Mary and Uncle Tom
Old 12-21-2020, 04:09 PM   #2376
lamboguy

i got in AIM @ 2.12, i am stopping out @ 2.03. this needs a 2nd sign of strength to get this moving for a decent run...

MP is turning out to be a super star now.. i know there will be plenty of shakeout on the way north, but i have no idea when that will happen.. these things are all tough to get into after they have run up so fast. i am in since $11.50 so its a lot easier for me to hold.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #2377
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
I'll preface this post by pointing out I have a somewhat limited knowledge of the market.

Not at all ashamed to admit that every few years I've shelled out a few hundred dollars for a Motley Fool Stock Advisor subscription.

I've been pleased with their recommendations and service overall. (Imo, money well spent.)

But today I ran into a lifetime first -- and the reason I'm making this post.

One of the companies I bought as a result of a Motley Fool recommendation, Shopify (ticker symbol SHOP) ran aground today.

I pulled up Yahoo Finance this morning and noticed SHOP was down about 6.5% shortly after market open.

I thought this kind of odd because, at least at the time, no news stories had been posted.

About 45 minutes into the trading day I saw a video where Jim Cramer basically said "time to sellify Shopify" because of negative news posted on Twitter by Andrew Left of Cintron Research.

Cramer specifically mentioned the video at the following link:
https://t.co/QBKEIVdpTa

I watched the video... and was both amazed and disgusted by what was being said.

(I highly suggest you watch the video.)

FYI, this was the first time in my life that an analalyst -- ANY analyst -- had said anything THAT negative about ANY of the companies I've owned.

In hindsight I fully realize:

I had been periodically picking up shares based on the story... that of an ecommerce technology company with a solid software platform undergoing significant "growth." (Same thing could be said about AMZN early on.)

Apparently, Shopify's "growth" was never driven by the kind of customer base the run up in share price was based on.

If that turns out to be true, or if there is a high likelihood of that turning out to be true:

The correct thing to do is get out.

And that's exactly what I did.

Note to self:

From now on no new shares based on someone else's recommendation alone (no matter how good that someone's track record.)

I resolve to, at the very least, take 5 minutes out of my day -- and actually LOOK at the company's website.

-jp

this makes me sick, because i always follow my mothers words. :those that tell don't know, while those that know don't tell.

i had looked back on this thread because i touted a stock here in 2017 that had done nothing up until yesterday, and the stock has doubled. AMY.V i learned the only stocks i have ever done well with were the ones that i have stumbled on. i wound up with this one because i had another one 10 years ago and had met the CEO and i wound up with a private placement that finally looks strong in the EV industry now.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #2378
lamboguy

Trump is busting me today.. he just vetoed the Defense Act. i just blew about $100k on that one with what i lost today on MP. i have to hope for uncle Mitch to do the right thing on that one. he vetoed the bill because they want to rename the military bases that had confederate names into other names. if the man wants to keep the names, let him have those stupid names.. all they had to do was wait a month and then they could change them.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:04 PM   #2379
oughtoh

The video has been taken down.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 09:50 PM   #2380
lamboguy

MP is down from high of $40 down to $30, MP had volume off the top and i got out @ 36. i am going to look at $28.50 to re-enter and maybe even wait for $25.

AIM went all the way back down to $1.87, i missed a re-entry there and will try again tomorrow on that one..
Old 12-30-2020, 10:23 AM   #2381
lamboguy

dollar index now is breaking a 15 year low @ 89.629. heading for 88 for now.

this is the first time i can remember where gasoline prices have gone up after Christmas and that is with lower demand here. we probably have plenty of inflation on the way.

if you want to short Bitcoin now, you have to put up $49,000 to control 5 bitcoins in a contract. so far today there have been 11,000 contracts traded. Bitcoin is trading at $29,000 right now.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #2382
Ocala Mike

Did you ever think you'd see Bitcoin's price higher than the Dow? Could happen soon. Also, could have made good money playing Riot Blockchain during this blowout.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 02:28 PM   #2383
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Did you ever think you'd see Bitcoin's price higher than the Dow? Could happen soon. Also, could have made good money playing Riot Blockchain during this blowout.
no way, i missed it and i am to late for the party and don't want to be there for the funeral... i bought back AIM today with a big stop down to $1.61.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:25 PM   #2384
lamboguy

Mosaic MOS

the potash prices are going up 31% now and Mosaic sells over $2 billion a year of the stuff... they are moving plenty of stuff right now shipping it out day and night.

i day traded it today for a .50 cent win... i am going to revisit it on Monday looking for a big run. its already come from out of nowhere this year.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:37 PM   #2385
lamboguy

Mosaic is coming out with numbers on February 14. it is now pushing its highs with volume.