Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 08-02-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Friday, August 3

Race One: Hambletonian Amateur Drivers

2 CHEEKY LITTLE MINX. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Before you say, “Pazzo! Tu sei pazzo!” Hear me out. “Buongiorno”. You know me, I’m always lookin’ for value. Do-re-mi. Sure, it’s easy to pick an even-money horse, but a longshot… Why? Because I think this Lucky Chucky-bred brown mare can win…at a price.

In her last race across the Hudson in Yonkers, she drew the outside #8 hole (I’ve said this before and I’ll say it, again: At Yonkers, that’s “bacio della morte!” You’d have to be “The Butler” back in the late-1950s to win from there). In that race, this mare did well to get a 2-hole tuck, but she had nuthin left in the tank. Yet, the time was good.

Now, this evening, this “lady” draws inside. I think she can flash some early speed. I don’t know much about her driver, Roberto Michelotto (81 career wins) except to say that he drives in amateur events over in Italy (U.S. drivers compete over there; Italian drivers are competing here this week). I believe this mare can be there as long as she doesn’t do a “Tarantella”.

As Joe Faraldo, the president of the NAADA recently joked, the Italian drivers “might have to bring St. Anthony of Padua with them if they want help in finding the winner’s circles here.” St. Anthony of Padua, of course, is the patron saint of lost things. Hey, whatever works? If this mare should find her way to the “Big M’s” winner’s circle, some of us may (the operative word is “may”) be a whole lot richer. And we’ll all say: “Congratulazioni!”

Others: 10 Fiji is: “The Horse”. The class. But he’s literally starting out on the Paterson Plank Rd. What impact that will have on the eventual outcome of the race I cannot foretell. All I know is that I would have liked him a whole lot more if had drawn “inside”. His driver, David Offenberg (Allister Stables) will most likely be shooting this guy out for the lead when the wings retract. That’s when the imponderables begin. Is anybody doing a “break-dance” this evening? Can this guy make the lead without too much exertion? If so, can Mr. Offenberg ration out this Cantab Hall-bred gelding’s speed? (He did it once before and recorded a lifetime mark in the process). Again, I hark back to that outside post. “O tempora! O mores!”

Then, there’s 9, Hes a Castoff, with Mr. Lee in the bike. That’s the Yankees clubhouse assistant, Joe Lee; he’s one of the best amateur drivers around. Despite the outside post, I would not rule him out.

Finally, it’s 5, Multitaskr Hanover. She’s owned, trained and driven by Jennifer Lappe. This gelding can close. If the trot up front should break down, you’ll see this guy putting in a stretch drive. All must fall into place.

I’ll be back later, or certainly by tomorrow morning, with my other picks. Be forewarned: They will not be as extensive as this.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
Teach

Race Two:

5 FRENCH CAFE; 3 Princess Deo; 4 Golden Tricks; 2 Lady Allare.

Race Three:

9 MIKEY LIKES IT; 3 EL Platinum; 6 Shorty Joe; 4 Levitation

Race Four:

3 JK PARLAY; 5 Points North; 1/1A, Go West Go Fast/Aleppo Hanover; 2 Key Advisor.

Race Five:

6 STARSABOVEALLERAGE; 3 Wygant Prince; 4 High Blue; 10 Its Chocolate Time.

Race Six:

1 SHNEONUCRZYDIAMND A; 5 Bettors Glass; 4 Sportsmanship; 3 Urbanite Hanover.

Race Seven:

7 MUSCLE M UP; 4 Joey; 2 Eurobond; 1 The First Chapter.

Race Eight:

4 BLOOD LINE; 2 Santiago Style; 1 Sprinter N; 9 Quality Bud.

Race Nine:

2 FRANKIE BOY; 6 Classic Breeze; 7 Rockaholic; 5 Buckeye In Charge

Race Ten:

5 MISSLAROSE; 6 Ataboy Hanover; 4 Taco Tuesday; 8 Fraser Ridge.

Race Eleven:

3 LONE WOLF TERROR; 6 Voice of Truth; 9 Hope for Badlands; 10 Outcry

Race Twelve:

4 BOBJACKS ANGLE A; 4 Blue Strike; 5 Justa Camilion; 10 Outsider

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #3
Southbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
Race One: Hambletonian Amateur Drivers

2 CHEEKY LITTLE MINX. Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Before you say, “Pazzo! Tu sei pazzo!” Hear me out. “Buongiorno”. You know me, I’m always lookin’ for value. Do-re-mi. Sure, it’s easy to pick an even-money horse, but a longshot… Why? Because I think this Lucky Chucky-bred brown mare can win…at a price.

In her last race across the Hudson in Yonkers, she drew the outside #8 hole (I’ve said this before and I’ll say it, again: At Yonkers, that’s “bacio della morte!” You’d have to be “The Butler” back in the late-1950s to win from there). In that race, this mare did well to get a 2-hole tuck, but she had nuthin left in the tank. Yet, the time was good.

Now, this evening, this “lady” draws inside. I think she can flash some early speed. I don’t know much about her driver, Roberto Michelotto (81 career wins) except to say that he drives in amateur events over in Italy (U.S. drivers compete over there; Italian drivers are competing here this week). I believe this mare can be there as long as she doesn’t do a “Tarantella”.

As Joe Faraldo, the president of the NAADA recently joked, the Italian drivers “might have to bring St. Anthony of Padua with them if they want help in finding the winner’s circles here.” St. Anthony of Padua, of course, is the patron saint of lost things. Hey, whatever works? If this mare should find her way to the “Big M’s” winner’s circle, some of us may (the operative word is “may”) be a whole lot richer. And we’ll all say: “Congratulazioni!”

Others: 10 Fiji is: “The Horse”. The class. But he’s literally starting out on the Paterson Plank Rd. What impact that will have on the eventual outcome of the race I cannot foretell. All I know is that I would have liked him a whole lot more if had drawn “inside”. His driver, David Offenberg (Allister Stables) will most likely be shooting this guy out for the lead when the wings retract. That’s when the imponderables begin. Is anybody doing a “break-dance” this evening? Can this guy make the lead without too much exertion? If so, can Mr. Offenberg ration out this Cantab Hall-bred gelding’s speed? (He did it once before and recorded a lifetime mark in the process). Again, I hark back to that outside post. “O tempora! O mores!”

Then, there’s 9, Hes a Castoff, with Mr. Lee in the bike. That’s the Yankees clubhouse assistant, Joe Lee; he’s one of the best amateur drivers around. Despite the outside post, I would not rule him out.

Finally, it’s 5, Multitaskr Hanover. She’s owned, trained and driven by Jennifer Lappe. This gelding can close. If the trot up front should break down, you’ll see this guy putting in a stretch drive. All must fall into place.

I’ll be back later, or certainly by tomorrow morning, with my other picks. Be forewarned: They will not be as extensive as this.

Great pick!
Southbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply