Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-09-2018, 05:02 PM   #16
lamboguy

on another note. last week my wife got a package from Zappo's. they were Oasic sneakers. i asked her how much she paid, she said something like $56.

the next day i started seeing adds on different sites that for Oasic sneakers. this is the first time i have ever seen adds for these sneakers. i wonder how they knew that i was interested in them because i never looked them up online.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #17
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Those who run social media cannot be trusted.
End of story.

Face Book is a pedopile's all you can eat buffet.
And any crook's paradise.

I have no use for Face Book.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:44 PM   #18
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
on another note. last week my wife got a package from Zappo's. they were Oasic sneakers. i asked her how much she paid, she said something like $56.

the next day i started seeing adds on different sites that for Oasic sneakers. this is the first time i have ever seen adds for these sneakers. i wonder how they knew that i was interested in them because i never looked them up online.
Easy Peasy. Your browsing history is tracked by almost every site you go to. All in the name of target marketing.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #19
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Easy Peasy. Your browsing history is tracked by almost every site you go to. All in the name of target marketing.
I believe IP addresses are also tracked to target IP's close to each other. My wife and I each see ads for items the other has recently researched or purchased from separate computers.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #20
MutuelClerk

My nieces and nephews know not to say the word Facebook around me. It's the F word.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2018, 10:22 PM   #21
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Anybody that believes they aren't being tracked or numbered in a system is completely high.

You log into your computer and hit the internet via Google, bing, or whatever service you use, you are being tracked, monitored, and data gathered about you.

Those phone calls you get aren't just nomad dialing systems calling you, they are due to 'hit' lists because of your age, interests, or online activity.

Me? I get a lot of calls from hot naked large breasted women. I've yet to figure out why.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2018, 10:26 PM   #22
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Anybody that believes they aren't being tracked or numbered in a system is completely high.

You log into your computer and hit the internet via Google, bing, or whatever service you use, you are being tracked, monitored, and data gathered about you.

Those phone calls you get aren't just nomad dialing systems calling you, they are due to 'hit' lists because of your age, interests, or online activity.

Me? I get a lot of calls from hot naked large breasted women. I've yet to figure out why.
I'll tell you why. They've mistaken your phone number for mine.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:45 PM   #23
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I'll tell you why. They've mistaken your phone number for mine.

Well, crap. Makes a lot of sense now.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2018, 03:02 AM   #24
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
How would you know if they have large breasts?

I’ve been getting a lot of calls regarding my delinquent cable bill. I can’t decide if the caller is hot, and/or has big breasts.

If she had big breasts would the timbre of her voice be higher, or lower?
Old 08-10-2018, 05:59 AM   #25
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

I get followed around by metal materials that I have looked at from one place in particular. Ad blocker won't stop them on a lot of sites and the only thing that makes them go away is clearing cookies. Unfortunately clearing cookies removes my auto fill passwords so I don't do it. I cannot stand aggressive advertising and it compels me to avoid buying from the offender at all cost.
Another one of my pet peeves is places that show dorky annoying TV commercials. I don't patronize those places either. I wouldn't stop at a Sonic if I was starving and they were the last food for 100 miles.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #26
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
My life just isn't interesting enough to be reported to the minutest detail for a mass audience.
When did you have your last bowel movement?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #27
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
I have almost zero personal information on my facebook page, I even made myself 10 years younger. The only reason I'm on it are the dog and motorcycle groups I belong to for sharing information.
I made myself 10 years younger, too! LOL

I tried to make myself even younger, but fb doesn't allow it. So I said screw 'em. I'll delete it and if I open a new one I'll be just barely old enough to open a fb account.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2018, 09:58 PM   #28
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

I keep cookies turned off except for sites that require them -- like my bank -- or paceadvantage.

I also use a different browser for surfing.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #29
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
When did you have your last bowel movement?
I don't remember.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:01 PM   #30
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
How would you know if they have large breasts?

I’ve been getting a lot of calls regarding my delinquent cable bill. I can’t decide if the caller is hot, and/or has big breasts.

If she had big breasts would the timbre of her voice be higher, or lower?
How do you know they're actually women?