Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #1
lamboguy

Rep Chris Colloins worth $66 million

but still needs to steal via insider trading.

this guy is a member of the whorehouse. it really doesn't matter if he is a liberal or a conservative, republican or democrat. he is a lowlife whore who happened to get caught.

i am sticking with my story, liberal-conservative, republican or democrat....they are all the same. they all want to put you on their knees and take your money away from you any way they can get it.

there is no such thing as one side being better than the other. if you side with either one, you have been conned.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
Inner Dirt

I know people who think most people get into politics because they want to help people, and some of those people hold advanced degrees. Strangely enough the people I know who believe politicians have mostly good intentions are Democrats. I don't see how they could be so naive. There are probably people on death row that are more trustworthy and less manipulative than your average politician of either party.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #3
tucker6

amen to both posts so far. Both sides feed at the same trough.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...ges-1533736677

This bottom feeder needs to go to prison for many years - and he should be mandated to always wear a pair of Dr, Denton pajamas.
Abuse of power like this is inexcusable and unacceptable.

His son needs to go away for a long too, for being a thief.
And his fiance's and family as well - lock the whole damn clan up for being disgusting garbage.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #5
lamboguy

i am laying 6/5 that none of these lowlifes get locked up.

i guarantee if you did the same thing they would be sticking you in the can as fast as Grant took Richmond.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 12:50 PM   #6
elysiantraveller

Apparently Collins should have spent more time lobbying to have a different FBI investigation come to an end...

He's super well connected. It will be entertaining to see who else he brings down.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #7
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
He's super well connected. It will be entertaining to see who else he brings down.
Stop swamp diving.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 01:44 PM   #8
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Stop swamp diving.
I wasn't referring to Trump.

Just in general... insider trading requires... insiders.

Gotta admit the investigation comment was funny though right?
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #9
pandy

Do we know for sure that he's guilty? I'm suspicious when politicians are arrested because it's obvious that law enforcement and intelligence agencies have biases and acts on them. Blagogevich got sentenced to 14 years and didn't actually break any laws. They ease-dropped on him and arrested him based on something he said.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #10
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
Do we know for sure that he's guilty? I'm suspicious when politicians are arrested because it's obvious that law enforcement and intelligence agencies have biases and acts on them. Blagogevich got sentenced to 14 years and didn't actually break any laws. They ease-dropped on him and arrested him based on something he said.
Yeah...poor Blagojevich.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:12 PM   #11
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Yeah...poor Blagojevich.
You didn't think 14 years was kind of harsh? Murderers have gotten shorter sentences (amazingly). They basically put him in jail for bragging about an idea he had for taking advantage of the system. If we threw people in jail for bullshitting everyone would be behind bars.

To me the conviction of Blago is dangerous because it's so right out of the novel, 1984. Imagine if they ease dropped on all of us. Once or twice my mom got pissed at me when I was a kid and threaten to kill me. Thank God they didn't have listening devices in our home, she may have been arrested. She was a wonderful person.

Last edited by pandy; 08-08-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #12
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
You didn't think 14 years was kind of harsh? Murderers have gotten shorter sentences (amazingly). They basically put him in jail for bragging about an idea he had for taking advantage of the system. If we threw people in jail for bullshitting everyone would be behind bars.

To me the conviction of Blago is dangerous because it's so right out of the novel, 1984. Imagine if they ease dropped on all of us. Once or twice my mom got pissed at me when I was a kid and threaten to kill me. Thank God they didn't have listening devices in our home, she may have been arrested. She was a wonderful person.
Blagojevich was the self-proclaimed "white knight", who was supposed to "clean up" the scandal-ridden Illinois gubernatorial office...which had already resulted in 3 prior Illinois governors being imprisoned. That was what his pre-election campaign was mostly about. And, instead of "cleaning up" the mess that the other governors had left behind...he became the most corrupt governor in recent memory. Did you know that he was even convicted of shaking down Children's Memorial Hospital for campaign contributions? The empty Obama senate seat that Blagojevich deemed "golden" and was trying to sell to the highest bidder...did it BELONG to him, so he could sell it?

In an age when the elected politicians nationwide are screwing the public left and right in order to enrich themselves...should we be lamenting the fate of a Rod Blagojevich? Let the MFer rot in jail...as far as I am concerned. Make an example of him...so the other politicians coming up after him will have something to think about when they start planning to misuse their position for personal gain. The problem isn't that the Blagojevich sentence was too harsh. The problem is that a large group of Illinois elected officials isn't serving a similar prison sentence, right alongside him.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-08-2018 at 08:23 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 09:13 PM   #13
davew

They say he and family 'gained' $800K worth - he was on board of directors and somehow his son heard of bad drug trial results and then sold (with his friends) a week before announcement and stock subsequently tanking 90%.

It will be interesting to see if Elan Musck gets in trouble for his 'private buy-out' tweet.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2018, 11:16 PM   #14
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

Blagojevich was the self-proclaimed "white knight", who was supposed to "clean up" the scandal-ridden Illinois gubernatorial office...which had already resulted in 3 prior Illinois governors being imprisoned. That was what his pre-election campaign was mostly about. And, instead of "cleaning up" the mess that the other governors had left behind...he became the most corrupt governor in recent memory. Did you know that he was even convicted of shaking down Children's Memorial Hospital for campaign contributions? The empty Obama senate seat that Blagojevich deemed "golden" and was trying to sell to the highest bidder...did it BELONG to him, so he could sell it?

In an age when the elected politicians nationwide are screwing the public left and right in order to enrich themselves...should we be lamenting the fate of a Rod Blagojevich? Let the MFer rot in jail...as far as I am concerned. Make an example of him...so the other politicians coming up after him will have something to think about when they start planning to misuse their position for personal gain. The problem isn't that the Blagojevich sentence was too harsh. The problem is that a large group of Illinois elected officials isn't serving a similar prison sentence, right alongside him.

He may very well have been corrupt, probably was, it's Illinois. True, they tried to set an example so they gave him a tougher sentence. But the main piece of evidence was that recording of him saying that the Obama seat was golden and he would sell it. But, they didn't catch him selling it, they caught him talking about it.

It does amaze me how many politicians get caught like this, they never learn. Here in the Lehigh Valley, the mayor of Allentown, Ed Palowski, who was very popular, recently got convicted of 47 counts of felonies, mostly pay for play type of things. Funny thing is, during his tenure, Allentown got a new hockey stadium and has had a major comeback.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:27 AM   #15
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Chris Collins is worth $66 million but still needs to steal via insider trading.
I think he got that $66 million by doing things like insider trading.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply