Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #16
GaryG
Unreconstructed

This just in: Shooter inflamed by the rhetoric of Palin and Bachmann. Schurmer has called for banning firearms, smoke bombs and gas masks. Pelosi is crying because of the danger caused by conservatives.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #17
DJofSD
Screw PC

Sure.

It's one thing to speculate about the gun man, his motives, his name or his religion. But to take swipes at people here is something else.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
slew101

Yes, I would have. Show me the trend that these type of incidents in the last 10 years are not carried out almost exclusively by WHITE men of US descent? Even the V. Tech shooter was South Korean, not Muslim.

Now if the shootings were on a military base, different story. These were not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
So, I'm to assume you would have been SHOCKED if he was of middle eastern descent.

On a side note, something weird going on with his mother. She called the police when she heard of this and said she thought it might be her son.
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #19
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
Sure.

It's one thing to speculate about the gun man, his motives, his name or his religion. But to take swipes at people here is something else.
It is?
Actually, it's commonplace for people to take swipes at one another here.
It's one of the things we do very well, and is the overriding theme in Off-Topic politics.

It took about 3 posts for someone to make guesses at this guy's nationality and religion...it's odd that you seem to have no issue with that but take umbrage at the fact that i point out the pointers.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
DJofSD
Screw PC

If you can't see the difference, I'll just drop the issue.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #21
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
Ticket presales for this movie I believe broke records.
I wonder now what the box office receipts will look like after the weekend is over.
It might make $219M instead of 220..
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Obviously, it is Rush's fault, since he pointed out the use of Batman by the Obamba campaign to discredit Romney.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #23
DJofSD
Screw PC

Just heard on local radio, the mother of the suspect lives in a San Diego suburb and is receiving police protection.

He was living in San Diego until recently when he moved to the Denver area to go to school there.

SDPD announces there will be increased police presence at the theaters screening the movie.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
The only thing i am assuming is that some folks 'round here will be preoccupied with this fellow's political affiliation.
They've already guessed at his name, and therefore his religious affiliation.

My point is that he's a disturbed and sick man, period.
Not a disturbed Muslim - not a disturbed Obama backer - just disturbed.
Don't you know that all Obama supporters are disturbed? What else could possibly account for their allegiance to him?

This tragic incident will be used by the Dems to push for more stringent gun control laws. They will not let this "crisis" go to waste.

Boxcar
Old 07-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #25
Wagergirl

This is so sad.

Makes my heart hurt. My Daughter is at a week long concert here in the PNW, and I am wanting her home right now. Unrealistic desire to not leave the home. Praying for not just the people who are involved in this tragic event, but for people across America.

People here at work are wanting to do a big "let's go to the movies" party to show that this kind of thing won't change us. I find that statement sad. This kind of thing should change us.

Should pull our heads out of the sand and take a real look at our world.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #26
DJofSD
Screw PC

SDPD called by the family of the suspect.

SDPD spokeswomen very blunt: we're here because you (the reporters) are here.

How long will the SDPD be there? As long as it is needed to preserve peace in the neighborhood. And, the implication of trespassing was raised -- reporters to stay on public property.

Unconfirmed reports the suspect graduated from high school in San Diego in 2006.

Last edited by DJofSD; 07-20-2012 at 11:29 AM.
DJofSD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #27
Marshall Bennett

Heard he set up explosives in his home. Apparently he wanted to blow up whoever went there following the shootings.
Sad an individual can be full of such rage and hate. He obviously went over the edge.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #28
Mike at A+
Software Developer

On Good Morning America, ABC News' Brian Ross and George Stephanolpoulos suggested that the Tea Party might be connected to the mass shootings early this morning in an Aurora, CO theater during a screening of the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises. The mainstream media attempted to blame the Tea Party for the Tuscon shootings in January 2011, shortly after Republicans swept the midterm elections. Now, in the critical 2012 elections, the mainstream media seems poised to do the same--and ABC News has led the way.

Here is the exchange between ABC News chief investigator Brian Ross and host George Stephanopoulos about apparent suspect James Holmes:

Stephanolpoulos: I'm going to go to Brian Ross. You've been investigating the background of Jim Holmes here. You found something that might be significant.

Ross: There's a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year. Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes. But it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado.
Stephanolpoulos: Okay, we'll keep looking at that. Brian Ross, thanks very much.

How interesting that Ross and ABC News should think to look to the Tea Party website first--and to broadcast politically volatile information without verifying if that "Jim Holmes" is the same as the suspect.

The "Jim Holmes" page on the Colorado Tea Party website is advertising an event with Middle East commentator Brigitte Gabriel next Thursday, July 26--hardly the behavior of a man who expected to be committing a deadly crime on July 20 for which he would certainly be apprehended and might not survive.

Look for more scapegoating from the mainstream media and the Democrats in the hours and days to follow.

UPDATE: The James Holmes arrested at the Aurora theater was 24 years old and seems to be from Denver, CO, according to a Facebook profile (a similar Facebook profile linked by a local news reporter has not been confirmed as the suspect's profile, either). There are many people with the name "James Holmes" in the area, and the James Homes on the Tea Party website could match a James Homes from Aurora, CO who is in his fifties and therefore does not fit the description of the suspect. More evidence that Ross, Stephanolpoulos and ABC rushed to blame the Tea Party without confirmation that the suspect is also the Tea Party member.

Developing...

Last edited by Mike at A+; 07-20-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #29
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

ABC is to news as corn cobbs are to toilet paper.

Remember, it Stephanopolis who planted the question, at a debate, that started the war on women the left waged earlier this year. No one in thioer right mond cvould cosider him anything other than an Obamba operative. Stephy is a bought and paid for flunky with no credibility whatsoever.

As far as the press feeding frenzy, I hope the cops introduce a few of them to the night sticks. the press in this country turn my stomach. Can you spell expendable? We have a free press and we got our money's worth.

Remember, the MO of the left is always to repeat lies over and over again until the feeble minded and droolers believe it.
Right, mostie, NJ?

Last edited by Tom; 07-20-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #30
Marshall Bennett

Wouldn't be surprised to see Diane Sawyer jump on the bandwagon during the ABC evening news. She's ABC's chief leftist correspondent.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply