Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 06-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
slew101

NBA Finals series odds

First out, OKC -170, Miami +150.

Thoughts?

I expect this price to drop significantly by Tuesday night, maybe OKC -130? I have to think money is going to come in on Miami.

I'm taking the Heat simply because of the value. Last year, I thought Miami would win but Dallas was my play simply because the odds were too good to pass up.
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by slew101

Thoughts?

I expect this price to drop significantly by Tuesday night, maybe OKC -130? I have to think money is going to come in on Miami.

I'm taking the Heat simply because of the value. Last year, I thought Miami would win but Dallas was my play simply because the odds were too good to pass up.
It's OKC -155/ MIA +135 with Cal Neva books in Nevada this morning.
I'm guessing the Heat will get some action as the dog.....
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

Thoughts?

I'm surprised the Heat aren't favored just due to being in the limelight so much.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'm surprised the Heat aren't favored just due to being in the limelight so much.
Basketball is a sport that doesn't get much wagering action except from the regular customers. If it goes to 130 or less (think it sets at 150) the wiseguys will look to middle it.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
dav4463

Odds are I won't watch a whole lot of it. I can't stand the hype!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
slew101

Was looking at a couple offshore books. Ones that had OKC -170, now down to -165 or +145 for Miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
It's OKC -155/ MIA +135 with Cal Neva books in Nevada this morning.
I'm guessing the Heat will get some action as the dog.....
Old 06-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
slew101

Anyone know who that woman is always in the Heat runway at the half and end of games, and always shown on TV? LeBron kisses her every time, and I thought I saw Wade do the same the other night?

Not exactly what I'd want my star players focused on at halftime. It looks absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav4463
Odds are I won't watch a whole lot of it. I can't stand the hype!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
Valuist

The West was definitely stronger than the East. The Heat struggled to beat an aging Boston team. They never had to play Chicago either. Certainly had an easier road to get there. I'll take the battle tested team, and its Ok-City.

But who will feel more pressure? It has to be Miami. Lebron already knows if they don't win, he'll get labelled as a guy who can't win a championship.

Last edited by Valuist; 06-11-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
cj's dad

Quote:
Anyone know who that woman is always in the Heat runway at the half and end of games, and always shown on TV? LeBron kisses her every time, and I thought I saw Wade do the same the other night?

Not exactly what I'd want my star players focused on at halftime. It looks absurd.
His Mother !
Old 06-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
jdhanover

A better question may be what % of fans outside Florida are rooting for Miami? Over/under is probably 10%. "Everyone I know says who is Miami playing? That is who I am rooting for"
jdhanover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhanover
A better question may be what % of fans outside Florida are rooting for Miami? Over/under is probably 10%. "Everyone I know says who is Miami playing? That is who I am rooting for"
The Thunder needed the Heat to be the opponent for this Hollywood script to play out. It is the ultimate good vs evil showdown, even if the "evil" team isn't really evil.

They'll never live down the "not 4, not 5..." bullshit.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #12
maddog42

I do not favor OKC in this series as much as some. Okc does match up well with the Heat. I guess Lebron will have to guard Durant. Nobody else can do it. This will take a little starch out of both their sails. Thats a wash. Sefalosha( I assume) will guard Lebron. I give the advantage to OKC in the other matchups.
I hate this 2-3-2 format.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
BlueShoe

My prediction is OKC in 6. However, do not feel comfortable laying anything around 150. The better value would seem to be betting game by game. In case anyone needs a reminder, the schedule format is 2-3-2, not 2-2-1-1-1.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
elysiantraveller

I'm just excited to watch this series. If I was making a prediction I would go with the Heat in 6. OKC has not faced a defense nearly this stout or physical. I don't think it will be pretty but I think the Heat take this series in OKC in game 6.

I hate the 2-3-2 format BTW.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42
I do not favor OKC in this series as much as some. Okc does match up well with the Heat. I guess Lebron will have to guard Durant. Nobody else can do it. This will take a little starch out of both their sails. Thats a wash. Sefalosha( I assume) will guard Lebron. I give the advantage to OKC in the other matchups.
I hate this 2-3-2 format.
Durant will spend time guarding Lebron too. His defense is really underrated. He just doesn't always guard the toughest guy because he is more valuable on offense. When he has though, he has been very good this year.