Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-28-2021, 02:34 PM   #31
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
I can't understand what the other states are worried about with how people are going to vote once they move. Which people do they think are moving? It's not the liberal loving portions of the state, it's the ones that are tired of having basically no representation. The California exodus only enhances the red vote elsewhere.
I have met several former Commiefornians here in Texas and everyone of them is an hardcore democrat. And sadly I'm related to some of them.
Old 12-28-2021, 02:37 PM   #32
Elkchester Road

Quote:
I can't understand what the other states are worried about with how people are going to vote once they move. Which people do they think are moving? It's not the liberal loving portions of the state, it's the ones that are tired of having basically no representation. The California exodus only enhances the red vote elsewhere.
Old 12-28-2021, 02:38 PM   #33
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
I have met several former Commiefornians here in Texas and everyone of them is an hardcore democrat. And sadly I'm related to some of them.

Well that's disappointing to hear. Everyone I know that is moving is very conservative, but I'm in Kern County which is basically Oklahoma west, so.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2021, 07:21 PM   #34
ElKabong

Quote:
I live in a neighborhood that is very conservative (Sunnyvale, TX), and growing at a rapid rate. More than 2/3 new residents in the past 5 yrs I believe are from out of state. I'd say at least half are hard core blue democrat, esp the Californians.

The school district here is extremely different from Dallas or Mesquite or Garland. Very good schools, yet I hear some grumblings about how parents from the west coast are trying to tweak things here and there with teachers.

In years past I welcomed folks coming here from all over, working for Texas Instruments for a long time we recruited out of state very hard. Most were conservative (Engineers) in politics but that's really changed the past decade or so

If you want to leave, look at TX. As a conservative you'd be welcomed
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2021, 07:32 PM   #35
ElKabong

Quote:
Well that's disappointing to hear. Everyone I know that is moving is very conservative, but I'm in Kern County which is basically Oklahoma west, so.
For those looking into Okla as an option..

I like to kid Okies on the board about their backwards state, but the quality of life there is better than most think now. It's not what it was in the 70s...The schools are better now than in the past, medical care and facilities in central OK have been improved quite a bit. There's not a lot you can't do in the OKC area that is available anywhere else
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 12-28-2021 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-28-2021, 08:06 PM   #36
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021...orse-politics/

He is running but taking his politics with him
Old 12-28-2021, 08:15 PM   #37
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

If you want to leave, look at TX. As a conservative you'd be welcomed

I'm about 99% sure I'm leaving CA for Florida, I just have to sort out how to work it out with my business.
Old 12-28-2021, 08:19 PM   #38
boxcar

Quote:
I'm about 99% sure I'm leaving CA for Florida, I just have to sort out how to work it out with my business.
We conservatives in Swampland will welcome you with open arms. What part of Florida are you considering?
Old 12-28-2021, 08:45 PM   #39
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021...orse-politics/

He is running but taking his politics with him
Actually, he'll be a good fit in Miami. Liberal, an entrepreneur. He should like 'Meeyamme' as it's pronounced there
Old 12-29-2021, 12:29 PM   #40
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
We conservatives in Swampland will welcome you with open arms. What part of Florida are you considering?

Our last visit was in November and we checked out Tampa area. We looked at housing/ communities from New Port Richey and Wesley Chapel all the way down to Sarasota. I'd say right now Sarasota looks pretty good. We have a 36 foot mini Yacht that we would love to explore with and Sarasota seems perfect for that.

I love the east coast of Florida but my wife likes the gulf side better so?
Old 12-29-2021, 12:40 PM   #41
boxcar

Quote:
Our last visit was in November and we checked out Tampa area. We looked at housing/ communities from New Port Richey and Wesley Chapel all the way down to Sarasota. I'd say right now Sarasota looks pretty good. We have a 36 foot mini Yacht that we would love to explore with and Sarasota seems perfect for that.

I love the east coast of Florida but my wife likes the gulf side better so?
Well...that settles it, then. You do know that wives have veto power, right?

The Gulf is nice, but I, too, like the East Coast better. However, the good thing about the west side is that you're not too far from the northwest hilly, horse farm side of Florida. I like that part of Florida a lot.

Come to think of it, Ocala Mike hails from that part of the state and I haven't seen him on this forum in ages. Anyone know what happened to him?
Old 12-29-2021, 12:49 PM   #42
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Actually, he'll be a good fit in Miami. Liberal, an entrepreneur. He should like 'Meeyamme' as it's pronounced there

Miami can be a seedy place.

That said, I'd put it easily in my top 3 on the entire planet for "Hottest Locals" so I can't bash on it too much.
Old 12-29-2021, 01:16 PM   #43
Inner Dirt

Quote:

That said, I'd put it easily in my top 3 on the entire planet for "Hottest Locals" so I can't bash on it too much.

How long have you lived in Bakersfield? When I was a kid every summer vacation to NoCal from the SoCal desert we would stop at the Farmer Johns Pancake House there for breakfast. I read it burned down in the late 90's.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2021, 01:28 PM   #44
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How long have you lived in Bakersfield? When I was a kid every summer vacation to NoCal from the SoCal desert we would stop at the Farmer Johns Pancake House there for breakfast. I read it burned down in the late 90's.

That's Bakersfield nostalgia level 1,000

I was born here, moved away for a few years during college/ early 20's to San Diego and spent some time later on in Sacramento. I've been back here for about 15 years now.

The pancake house had the fire I believe a few years after it was already closed.

Last edited by Rex Phinney; 12-29-2021 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-29-2021, 02:59 PM   #45
ElKabong

Quote:

Got that right. Our honeymoon was in Miami. That whole week I questioned myself on why I ever thought of getting married. Hotness everywhere, what I'd give to be young and single there