Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #2056
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Doubling down on pathetic.
Consider the source.....
Old 09-11-2018, 08:47 PM   #2057
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Otherwise,It was a nice speech that he gave. Very "Presidential",( and Obama like}.

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 09-11-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:35 PM   #2058
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Traveling to 9/11 memorial event this morning.

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/stat...15062707281920
Talking about the 9/11 memorial event this morning (and like you do for presenting a misleading photo - posted video proves it)...

Joe Scarborough Owes the President - and the Country - an Apology

Quote:
September 11 should not be about politics, nor about Donald Trump, and surely not about Joe Scarborough. Only 17 years separated from that incredibly painful day, the solemnity of our national remembrance should remain particularly poignant and reservedly reverent. After all, there are many thousands of still-school-aged young Americans who lost parents on that fateful day or in the global military struggle that followed.

But MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” callously used the calamity of 9/11 to take cheap political shots at President Trump, writing in a Washington Post op-ed that he “is harming America more than any foreign adversary every could” and declaring on-air that Trump presents a “graver threat” to America than the 2001 attacks did. Such hyperbole would be ridiculous and disqualifying coming from some anonymous troll on Twitter, but is jaw-dropping from a former congressman and prominent cable news morning host.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...te_138043.html
Old 09-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #2059
JustRalph
Just another Facist

If this countrys media wasn’t controlled by the left, Joe Scarborough would be out of a job and would never work again
Old 09-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #2060
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Talking about the 9/11 memorial event this morning (and like you do for presenting a misleading photo - posted video proves it)...

Joe Scarborough Owes the President - and the Country - an Apology

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...te_138043.html
Nice
Old 09-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #2061
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon on Wednesday taunted President Trump, saying he could beat the president in an election because he's "smarter."
"I think I could beat Trump... because I'm as tough as he is, I'm smarter than he is," Dimon said, according to CNBC.

"I can't beat the liberal side of the Democratic Party," he added. Dimon, speaking at an event where JPMorgan was detailing a $500 million investment to boost economic growth around the world, also told the crowd that he "actually earned [my] money."

"It wasn't a gift from Daddy,
" Dimon said, according to CNBC, in another jab at the president.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/40...ter-than-he-is

Over/under on a response (tweet or verbal comment) from the self-described Stable Genius: 18 hours.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #2062
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon on Wednesday taunted President Trump, saying he could beat the president in an election because he's "smarter."
"I think I could beat Trump... because I'm as tough as he is, I'm smarter than he is," Dimon said, according to CNBC.

"I can't beat the liberal side of the Democratic Party," he added. Dimon, speaking at an event where JPMorgan was detailing a $500 million investment to boost economic growth around the world, also told the crowd that he "actually earned [my] money."

Over/under on a response (tweet or verbal comment) from the self-described Stable Genius: 18 hours.
I'll take the under... and...

He's Running....
Old 09-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #2063
reckless
Veteran

I think JP Morgan Chase and Jamie Dimon lifted about $12 billion from US taxpayers' pockets in bail-out money, given or take a bil or two. That was 10 years ago so my memory may be off a bit.

What this means was... when the going got real tough -- and never forget, it was the bankers such as Dimon that caused the financial crisis in the first place -- he went to the US government and the stupid US taxpayer for a handout.

If he wants to run for President against Trump, he should go for it. I'm betting he doesn't run because Dimon isn't as bright as he says he is and he definitely is not as tough as Trump -- and that you can go to the bank on that too.

But, who really cares if Jamie Dimon is smarter than Trump, which he might be but I sincerely doubt. Being the smartest banker in a protected and flawed industry such as banking is nothing to brag about.

Unlike running for President and winning which Donald Trump did.

Last edited by reckless; 09-12-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #2064
davew

Dimon does not want to run, just another in the list of people who say THEY could beat Trump IF they ran.

Maybe Trump could ask JP Morgan for the governments bailout back...
Old 09-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #2065
davew

Trump is complicit with hurricanes, mainstream media tells me so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.941f9ced7fec
Old 09-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #2066
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post

Stable Genius did not disappoint! SG says Dimon lacks the "aptitude" and "smarts" to be president. And he's nicknamed Dimon "Nervous" Jamie, which quite frankly makes zero sense, as Dimon doesn't ever come across as "nervous." Maybe SG said that b/c Dimon backed off the statements about Trump so quickly. That backpedaling was all business, I'd guess, as in a board member or two telling Dimon, "we (JPM) don't need to get into a dispute with Trump."
Old 09-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #2067
FantasticDan
gelding

Trump denies the Maria full death toll in PR, makes it about him.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #2068
FantasticDan
gelding

Obviously the death toll estimates are based on evidence, not political games.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...p-by-democrats
Old 09-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #2069
elysiantraveller

Paul Ryan and Ben Shapiro calling him out...

Yesterday Jamie Dimon...

Couple of days ago his own Economic Advisor...
Old 09-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #2070
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Obviously the death toll estimates are based on evidence, not political games.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...p-by-democrats
It's always political games, when it comes to this president. Who are you trying to kid?

What was the death count: 4,600, 1,000, 64, 2,658 to 3,290? And, over what period of time: immediately, two weeks, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year?

With a statement like this, I'd be on the defensive, too:

Carmen Yulín Cruz @CarmenYulinCruz
This is what denial following neglect looks like: Mr Pres in the real world people died on your watch. YOUR LACK OF RESPECT IS APPALLING!

Died on his watch? As if freakin' EVERYTHING is Trump's fault? No, it's not! Whatever the number is that died because of the hurricane...died because of the hurricane!!...and, possibly, because of an inept island government.

And now, we have more nitwits claiming that Trump is to be blamed for a hurricane, i.e. Florence.

LOL! The Left Is Actually Blaming Trump for Hurricane Florence

What I 'Fear' is the number of screwballs we have running around loose in this country!
Closed Thread