Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-03-2018, 03:03 PM   #31
papillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribot Roboto View Post
Have you seen the work? He didn’t stop nor did it look like he wanted to.
Yeah, I saw it. There was no gallop out at all. Horse just stopped. DRF claimed it was supposed to have been a mile work that was pulled up.

He looked pretty awful too, but I don't know what the wheather is like up there so, I'm not holding that against him.
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2018, 03:09 PM   #32
clicknow

I didn't like his hanging head at the end there. Maybe outrider was pulling a reins that way?
i could not tell but looked like ears were starting to pin. he's good on the BEL surface, that was already a given. So when you see a work like this where horse doens't look like he really wants to go......it is a bit worrisome.
OTOH, he may have just been "having a bad day." It happens.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2018, 03:09 PM   #33
Ribot Roboto
Domo Arigato

That’s cool. Guess we just have different ideas on what a good work looks like.
Ribot Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #34
Fightingirish51195

Quote:
That’s cool. Guess we just have different ideas on what a good work looks like.
Yeah I mean I watched him switch leads and just explode. I really liked how he looked
Fightingirish51195 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #35
papillon

Quote:
His work yesterday was terrible, so that sealed the deal for me.

THIS work?

https://www.xbtv.com/video/blended-c...june-2nd-2018/

Neck bowed, champing at the bit, on his toes. What more do you want?
Yeah that one.

You don't even need the clock to see he shut it down ASAP. The "out in 17" confirms it.

I want a horse who isn't covered in lather, who doesn't shut down like a switch is thrown. YMMV. I would have been happier with a slower overall work, without drop anachor decelaration from a faster one.

Clicknow--re: the distance/pull up-- I heard it yesterday when I saw the work live on TVG. Scott Hazelton mentioned it. I will see if I can find where he got it from.

Last edited by papillon; 06-03-2018 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typos
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #36
Ribot Roboto
Domo Arigato

Right. He really “hunkers down” when he runs, very powerful and efficient without a lot of wasted motion. He has a style that should carry him a long way Saturday.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #37
clicknow

Quote:
Right. He really “hunkers down” when he runs, very powerful and efficient without a lot of wasted motion. He has a style that should carry him a long way Saturday.
Blended is already known to "like" Belmont. He usually runs like it, it's very obvious....that's what a horse looks like when they like a surface. He goes on the turns well, and as you point out, switches leads effortlessly.

I think this is precisely why some are questioning his latest work. The pull up was looking rather abrupt and he didn't go the planned mile. Maybe it was a humid day like it was here yesterday.......I'm not tossing a horse on the basis of 1 workout, but it did look a bit odd for him, then combined with the distance change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon View Post
re: the distance/pull up-- I heard it yesterday when I saw the work live on TVG. Scott Hazelton mentioned it. I will see if I can find where he got it from.
Found it in the tweets:

Belmont Stakes hopeful Blended Citizen is scheduled to work a mile from the six-furlong pole at Belmont Park at 12:50 p.m. eastern. It is expected that the work will be shown live on the NYRA feed.

11:29 AM - 2 Jun 2018

A late change in plans for Blended Citizen's final Belmont Stakes work, was reportedly going to breeze a mile from the 6 furlong pole, instead went an easy 5/8's from the half in 1:00.88 before easing up quickly on the gallop out, with blinkers. Mike Luzzi aboard.

11:56 AM - 2 Jun 2018 from Franklin Square, N

Last edited by clicknow; 06-03-2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #38
Ribot Roboto
Domo Arigato

I really think you folks are making too much out of an outrider coming up and putting a lead on him but now I’m kind of hoping everyone thinks that was a bad work. I was afraid he was becoming the wise guy horse.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:38 PM   #39
clicknow

Quote:
I really think you folks are making too much out of an outrider coming up and putting a lead on him but now I’m kind of hoping everyone thinks that was a bad work. I was afraid he was becoming the wise guy horse.
Is he a "win" candidate for you, or just in a spread?

I still like the horse, horse for the course somewhat; maybe they were letting him work before races and that was all the time they had alloted and thus change in plans.

His odds have been dropping rapidly in vegas, I guesss you already know that.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-03-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:08 PM   #40
Ribot Roboto
Domo Arigato

A lot can change in a week but right now yeah, he on top of my tickets. He’s a late foal, late developing.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:29 PM   #41
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
A lot can change in a week but right now yeah, he on top of my tickets. He’s a late foal, late developing.
I do like those two angles. As I posted elsewhere, only Tonalist has won in the last 20 years from the Peter Pan, otherwise it's a lot of 3rd and 4th with mostly also rans.

He'll be on some of my multirace wagers, and if I play exotics definitely 3rd or better ...
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2018, 09:32 PM   #42
Ribot Roboto
Domo Arigato

How many from the last 20 Peter Pans made you think they had a chance to win besides Tonalist? Blended Citizen gives me that same sort of feel. And I’m sorry, (not directed at you Lemon) but that workout was freakin awesome lol.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:07 PM   #43
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Blended Citizen has already proven he's a 2nd-tier 3-year-old. He's had 10 races at this point. Took him 5 races to break his Maiden, including a 3rd in a maiden claiming. 5th place in the Blue Grass?

Tonalist had 4 lifetime races when he lined up for the Belmont. Missed the derby trail because of injury. Belmont was second off a layoff. I see no similarities here.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2018, 10:48 PM   #44
jay68802

Seems everything about Blended Citizen keeps giving mixed signals. 1/2 his races make me think he has a lot of talent, the others make me think Allowance horse. Same with the work, did not like how he acted before the work, then he runs and I see a nice work, then the jockey relax's, and he quits.

Have him ranked pretty high for the Belmont, what to do?
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2018, 11:07 PM   #45
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Seems everything about Blended Citizen keeps giving mixed signals. 1/2 his races make me think he has a lot of talent, the others make me think Allowance horse. Same with the work, did not like how he acted before the work, then he runs and I see a nice work, then the jockey relax's, and he quits.

Have him ranked pretty high for the Belmont, what to do?
At his best he is a G3 runner. He was all out to win the PP. You could use him in the 3rd or 4th spot.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: