Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 09:27 AM   #31
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

More proof of the old saying, (so old even I say it) that Everyone and Their Brother wants to make Handicapping Selections.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #32
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
I run the Paceandcap.com website. Mike, perhaps you are speaking ironically, but I think many people will not get that. Our Code of Conduct dos not permit such language, just like here, nor disrespecting or attacking other members. And no posting copyrighted materials without owners' permission (as I responded to the very same Breeders' Cup advanced PPs issue).

CheckMark should have taken my advice given privately after post #3 in this Thread and apologized for not understanding the rules about links to paid advertising as a non-advertiser, then CLOSED this thread. Then concentrate on simply learning his craft - from whatever sources - and post selections to gain a reputation. Rather than engaging in a social media spat with adults.

I still think that's the best advice, and I'll reiterate it when we meet at Woodbine later this month.

Meanwhile, I seem to recall another 16 year old kid - almost 50 years ago - who similarly did not often listen to advice from his elders, maybe because he thought he was smarter (he was in some ways but NOT in many others). After the passing of a few more years, it's surprising how much those elders seemed to have learned ... CheckMark will make the mistakes of youth and pay the prices - is paying now. This is normal, if irritating. Time to calm down IMO and get on with business, and life.

Ted
You guys are touchy over there at P&C....

I thought it was pretty obvious that I was being sarcastic...and then I actually posted that I was being sarcastic...so yeah, I was being sarcastic.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:39 AM   #33
Greyfox

Horse racing needs many more young people to show an interest in it.
The betting parlor that I go to is basically populated by grey haired men.
They're dying off and so is the sport.
Let's not be too hard on Checkmark.
Perhaps he can bring more young people into the game.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #34
Fred Mertz

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I thought it was pretty obvious that I was being sarcastic...and then I actually posted that I was being sarcastic...so yeah, I was being sarcastic.

It's a good thing you weren't being retarded.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #35
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Who knew there would be so much action in this thread while I was composing my message! I did note your earlier reply in my post edit comments.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-10-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Let's not be too hard on Checkmark.
We haven't been...
Old 10-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post

Another genius
Old 10-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #38
CheckMark

To ted, mike(pa) and to anyone else who was affected to what I did or what I said I am extremely sorry. Ted I should have listened to you yesterday about deleting my post and should have done that but me being a dummy (sorry if that offends again) and continue only to get in to more trouble. And pa thanks for getting me back on pa but what I should have done is to listen to my promisses about only posting in selections and harness thread but I still broke the barriers. Again I have to focus more on school instead of getting caught up in more trouble and leading to people getting pissed off at me and I do take for gradient about all the hate directed to me. Ted and pa and everyone else, hopefully I could get back on better terms and continue to have control of what I should say and when to say it. And to ted, hopefully we could meet at woodbine later this month like we planned. Sorry and have a good rest of my day. Back to school mode now. Ted read this please as well as pa

Last edited by CheckMark; 10-10-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #39
HHE10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post

I thought we weren’t suppose to use that word. Wow
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: