Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darny
These "critics" are CRAZY!!!. If they were to follow your picks and check them at the end of the day themselves, they will be amazed at your strike rate. They are baffeld by your skill, tell them nothing, explain to them nothing.

Einstein said, Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler...

I don't see any winning picks from any of these critics.
How much did you make with his picks Monday? How much have you made with his picks overall to date?

What's your win% and ROI?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 AM   #32
Darny

I'm not sure what you'r talking about, ROI and %, I think the % is HIGH.

Take a look at these apples,
Delaware R1. 1643 $1 boxed Tri/Supa. paid $112.40.
R3. 6142 $1 boxed Tri/Supa. paid $125.60, not a lot of money but I could have played R3. COLD!!!,
I dont see selections like this from anybody else.

Today Monday! this the one that knocked all the apples off the tree,
Suffolk Downs.
R6. 9358 $1 boxed Tri/Supa. paid $1834.50
"Sir Golden" I mean Solid Gold does this on a regular, He's the BEST!! I've seen. I spent about $288. boxing the 4 pick selections I thought had a good Tri/Supa value. I spent $288. my returns gross were $2,072.50.figure my % and ROI for me Please and Thank You.[If I had the time to do this everyday,I would'nt have to work.]
Darny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #33
Dahoss9698
Veteran

I'm amazed at the number of people with less than 10 posts to their name that come out of the woodwork to defend certain people. Must just be one of those weird coincidences.

Anyway, you're not sure what an ROI is? Really?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #34
aldens_dad

Thanks for Monmouth race 2 on Sunday Solid Gold. 2$ trifecta box (2,3,1,5) payed me 1100$. If I would of did a superfecta box for a 1$ I could of hit for around $1500.

I am relatively new to horse racing and your picks are a big help for comparing mine too.

It seems silly to hassle someone who does not hurt anyone IMO.
aldens_dad is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I say we all just start betting his picks...box away!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

R3. 6142 $1 boxed Tri/Supa. paid $125.60, not a lot of money but I could have played R3. COLD!!!,

Suffolk Downs.
"Sir Golden" I mean Solid Gold does this on a regular, He's the BEST!! I've seen. I spent about $288. boxing the 4 pick selections I thought had a good Tri/Supa value. I spent $288. my returns gross were $2,072.50.figure my % and ROI for me Please and Thank You.[If I had the time to do this everyday,I would'nt have to work.]
You don't have the time to box somebody else's picks? What are you? Allergic to money?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #37
iceknight

Quote:

Suffolk Downs.
You are cherry picking some races and basically 'redboarding;. If you had posted your bets (of 288) before the race, then we could agree it is ROI. If not, how does on not know that you did not box ALL the picks for EACH of the races, and the mere chaos in a few races ended up paying out good?

I know that many of SG picks turn out to be good so I am not knocking on that. But the issue being raised was, why does not SG specifically post the criteria of betting interests? He has mentioned it when asked occasionally, but I feel it should not take much extra time to add a standard line at the top mentioning normal selection criteria out of the 4. And occasional recap would nice too. If that is too much work, then posting numbers and asking for feedback is not well justified. However, overall, i think this is some sort of long running back and forth on this board so I am posting a separate short note about it soon!
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #38
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldens_dad
Thanks for Monmouth race 2 on Sunday Solid Gold. 2$ trifecta box (2,3,1,5) payed me 1100$. If I would of did a superfecta box for a 1$ I could of hit for around $1500.

I am relatively new to horse racing and your picks are a big help for comparing mine too.

It seems silly to hassle someone who does not hurt anyone IMO.
Glad you made lot of money. Just like I did with Court Vision on top in the super in the BC mile 2011
Could you have posted *before* Monmouth R2 that raceday? The reason he is being hassled is more because of his seeking praise recently in one of his threads, when in reality it is tough to justify praise if you really have to bet without clearly mentioned criteria

Separately on another topic, It is Could have and would have, not "could of", "would of".
Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #39
iceknight

The Saga of SG vs Dahoss9698

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Why not post the results of your selections? Nobody is asking you to give away your secrets. But if anyone is thinking of following you, or you want everyone to know how good you are (and that's why you're posting these), give us a reply each night with a recap on how you did...if you are the winner you claim to be, doing such a thing will only serve to shut up any critics.
I think PA's question was quite legitimate. SG's response to this was another obtuse question. Such attitude. Oh well. Let us begin with the Magnum Opus shall we?

Dahoss9698 v SG: A Short Documentary
Version: draft
updated headline: This conflict might be older than Israel-Palestine conflict.

(I have some extra time this morning and did this mostly for my amusement)

Some history about me before I recap the main story. I joined PA in June 2011. I made my foray into horseracing on Preakness 2011 (late May).

So obviously, I missed the exploits of Dahoss9698 in May 2011 where had singled out a 56-1 winnner at Belmont and some other decent plays. When I look back at this thread you see gushing praise directed at him and he is quite humble about his success. http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=82950

you have to understand that when Dahoss first asked SG in 2012 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...21&postcount=5), he was very polite and clear in his request. However, I am not sure if SG's attitude in response was most appropriate. After that, the rest is history based on back and forth internet posting, thread hijacking etc etc.

(Frantic update - Just discovered links back to 2010 http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=78644)

Sad, but what could have been some really nice discussion (with SG adding reasons and Dahoss sharing some knowledge in handicapper's cafe - IF they had WANTED to..). I know that there are several here who do not like to share any edge or knowledge because they feel it is a parimutuel game. In some cases, sharing an opinion also just leads to arguments with conflicting points of view (different opinions on the same race, hence the toteboard, right? <-- quote attributed to JP Reddam)

Now, move on to June/july 2012 and suddenly it seems like Dahoss9698 feels that people could be praised *only* if they post singles. (Shortened PA link) http://goo.gl/Hoq39.

The fact that got missed out was that some people play .10 supers and boxing 4 costs them only 2.40. A little more than singling a winner at $2. While the payouts may be few and far between, sometimes the supers hit and the payout is real good. This may not justify boxing ALL picks in ALL races posted by SG/Goofy etc. But where your handicapping matches his and the odds look good, it might be a good strategy.

Their picks being posted does not mean you have to bet them. Anyone can analyze data for a few weeks and then decide/identify which tracks he is more successful or which type of race he is more successful etc and then use those in the future. I have that data (not shareable), on his as well as several other handicappers/webposters and I use that in conjuction with "my worst races/tracks" (i.e. I take their data's help in tracks where I tend to do worst - e.g Turf 1 mile, Tampa Bay etc).

So to abruptly conclude, since I am able to figure out when this back and forth war started, I would just say this: You guys both post picks that may be good after the race, but before the race is run- they just stand as opinions. But it is fun to see those opinions and in some cases, it becomes financially rewarding too, if I have the guts to throw down a few on those.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #40
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Not often am I left speechless, but wow, no one has ever been THAT bored, have they?

I have no ongoing conflict with Solid Gold. I find him funny and manage to ignore most of his nonsense. But when you start throwing shots because no one pays you attention and pretend you retire on 4 picks a race, I have to say something.

If for no other reason, than it appears a lot of newbies (or at least infrequent posters) seem to find their way to 4 picks a race threads. I think it's a terrible intro for a newbie because it's not realisitic. No one plays like that and if they do they certainly aren't retiring by boxing 4 horses every race.

Lastly, I don't feel as though people should only be praised for singles. Only a complete and total idiot would take that away from my interaction with Goofyscott. I asked him how he decides to single, because his picks don't note singles. he avoided the question, because he has no answer, but not an out of bounds question for someone boasting about cashing 40k in tickets over a month span.

Last edited by Dahoss9698; 07-10-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #41
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknight
Just like I did with Court Vision on top in the super in the BC mile 2011
I was wondering who had the other ticket.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #42
Robert Fischer
clean money

guess SG is trolling after all ...

Quote:

Suffolk Downs.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #43
Solid_Gold
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Not often am I left speechless, but wow, no one has ever been THAT bored, have they?

I have no ongoing conflict with Solid Gold. I find him funny and manage to ignore most of his nonsense. But when you start throwing shots because no one pays you attention and pretend you retire on 4 picks a race, I have to say something.

If for no other reason, than it appears a lot of newbies (or at least infrequent posters) seem to find their way to 4 picks a race threads. I think it's a terrible intro for a newbie because it's not realisitic. No one plays like that and if they do they certainly aren't retiring by boxing 4 horses every race.

Lastly, I don't feel as though people should only be praised for singles. Only a complete and total idiot would take that away from my interaction with Goofyscott. I asked him how he decides to single, because his picks don't note singles. he avoided the question, because he has no answer, but not an out of bounds question for someone boasting about cashing 40k in tickets over a month span.
Whatever you say is cool with me! Yet you just keep showing up in my threads. I am however retired at 59 yrs. of age and this is what I do now.
3-4 picks per race is the way to go when you require 4-1 min. odds so why would one limit themselves to just one horse per race totally escapes me!
Basically you seem mad because Goofyscott won't tell you nuttin' either?
Christ, get a girlfriend or something. Better yet spend some time capping, you'll get better?
Solid_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #44
RaceBookJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I say we all just start betting his picks...box away!!!!
Not allowed..you have way too many posts
Old 07-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #45
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Gold
Whatever you say is cool with me! Yet you just keep showing up in my threads. I am however retired at 59 yrs. of age and this is what I do now.
3-4 picks per race is the way to go when you require 4-1 min. odds so why would one limit themselves to just one horse per race totally escapes me!
Basically you seem mad because Goofyscott won't tell you nuttin' either?
Christ, get a girlfriend or something. Better yet spend some time capping, you'll get better?
It's not about limiting oneself to one horse per race. Only someone with no understanding of betting would say that. But what kind of douche pats themself on the back with what you provide?

Look, I get it. You guys don't have the balls to actually bet, so you do this. Very impressive.