Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-17-2019, 01:20 PM   #106
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahossdaboss View Post
Because you’re totally unaware of the situation. It’s amusing to me that someone totally unaware of what is going on has so many opinions on it.

I realize this may seem foreign to you but it helps if you actually understand what is going on, how it started, progressed and how we got here. It helps if you understand TSG fired their long standing racing secretary right before the meet and their long standing super “retired” (forced out more or less) before the meet.

It helps if you understand the racing secretary and Ritvo were more or less pressuring trainers to stay in races they did not want to run in. It helps if you understand trainers were working and running horses MORE frequently than they would normally, especially cheaper ones because the secretary has no idea about his horse population. How many small issues led to catastrophic ones because horses were not given proper time to heal?

So if we’re running horses over a surface that was sealed like crazy, more frequently, because all we care about is the bottom line and a pick 6, what do you think happens?
You are all over the map bro. Earlier Chad suggested you have a split personality, I’m beginning to think he’s got at least that part right.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2019, 01:36 PM   #107
JeremyJet
Handicapper

The thing to do is cancel the remainder of the meet and run at Los Al.
JeremyJet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #108
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
You are all over the map bro. Earlier Chad suggested you have a split personality, I’m beginning to think he’s got at least that part right.
How am I all over the map? Because I’m more in tune with what is going on than you and he?

You both seem to think it’s ONLY track. That’s fine. He’s admitted to watching zero races this meet. Definitely someone I’d be wanting to align my opinion with.

Is this when I get to insult you also? Or is that reserved for guys that are way too old to still say bro?

Last edited by Dahossdaboss; 03-17-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Dahossdaboss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2019, 01:58 PM   #109
dilanesp

I don't know enough about the ins and outs of track maintenance to know if it made a difference, but yes, Santa Anita fired a lot of people before the current meet (famously, they even fired their announcer!), and that is certainly a data point here.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2019, 03:45 PM   #110
chadk66

Quote:
How am I all over the map? Because I’m more in tune with what is going on than you and he?

You both seem to think it’s ONLY track. That’s fine. He’s admitted to watching zero races this meet. Definitely someone I’d be wanting to align my opinion with.

Is this when I get to insult you also? Or is that reserved for guys that are way too old to still say bro?
Ever think maybe your too close to it?
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #111
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
Ever think maybe your too close to it?
Your ability to be wrong about everything you’ve posted in this thread is astounding. How am I too close to it?
Old 03-17-2019, 04:46 PM   #112
airford1

Never realized that a trainer is allowed to load the horse up with prednisone. That will make you feel better than you are if you have a problem, at least it does for me.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2019, 05:06 PM   #113
chadk66

Quote:
Your ability to be wrong about everything you’ve posted in this thread is astounding. How am I too close to it?
you seem to have too much invested in this for some reason. And it appears you want it to be something it probably isn’t so bad that you won’t even listen to reason.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #114
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
you seem to have too much invested in this for some reason. And it appears you want it to be something it probably isn’t so bad that you won’t even listen to reason.
Once again....you’re just totally wrong. I prefer to use logic. I follow the circuit. I have followed along with what is going on.

You haven’t watched a race there this year.

Tell me again who won’t listen to reason?
Old 03-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #115
chadk66

Quote:
Once again....you’re just totally wrong. I prefer to use logic. I follow the circuit. I have followed along with what is going on.

You haven’t watched a race there this year.

Tell me again who won’t listen to reason?
your just talking in tongues lol. your just spewing all kinds of different possibilities which is fine. if you spew enough of them eventually you may be right
Old 03-17-2019, 07:16 PM   #116
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
your just talking in tongues lol. your just spewing all kinds of different possibilities which is fine. if you spew enough of them eventually you may be right
No...I’m giving logical reasons outside of “its the track.” I acknowledge part of it is the track but think it’s a bit more complex than you do.

Not my fault you’re not able to juggle more than one thought at a time.

I get it...you trained decades ago so you know it all as it relates to racing today. Because as we know, racing is EXACTLY the same today as it was in the 80s and 90s.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:19 PM   #117
Rex Phinney

My very first claim days ago was that it was all the track. He claimed it wasn’t. Now he’s talking about all the damage sealing the track over and over is doing???

He said the trainers were running unsound horses, now he claims the racing secretary is holding a gun to their head, not just to RACE horses, but in the mornings also???

In the meantime he says everyone else is clueless, even though half of everything he says, backs what others are claiming.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:03 PM   #118
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
My very first claim days ago was that it was all the track. He claimed it wasn’t. Now he’s talking about all the damage sealing the track over and over is doing???

He said the trainers were running unsound horses, now he claims the racing secretary is holding a gun to their head, not just to RACE horses, but in the mornings also???

In the meantime he says everyone else is clueless, even though half of everything he says, backs what others are claiming.
You’re doing a good job of vying with Chad to be the person wrong most in these threads.

In my very first post to you I said it was both the track and the horseman at fault.

I’ve never said trainers were being forced to work their horses. The only person I think is clueless in this conversation is Chad who admits to not watching racing at Santa Anita.

I mean I don’t think it’s that difficult to understand there can be more than one cause for something. 22 horses could have died because of the surface AND trainers pushing them too hard. Trainers can be getting pressure to run AND also be incompetent and push their horses too hard on their own.

I didn’t realize everything needs to be explained slow to some people. My apologies Rex and Chad. I’ll try to be more simple in the future so you “get it.”
Old 03-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #119
Rex Phinney

Quote:
You’re doing a good job of vying with Chad to be the person wrong most in these threads.

In my very first post to you I said it was both the track and the horseman at fault.

I’ve never said trainers were being forced to work their horses. The only person I think is clueless in this conversation is Chad who admits to not watching racing at Santa Anita.

I mean I don’t think it’s that difficult to understand there can be more than one cause for something. 22 horses could have died because of the surface AND trainers pushing them too hard. Trainers can be getting pressure to run AND also be incompetent and push their horses too hard on their own.

I didn’t realize everything needs to be explained slow to some people. My apologies Rex and Chad. I’ll try to be more simple in the future so you “get it.”
Of the 22 dead horses, they are from 19 different trainers. Did all the trainers get together and conspire to push their horses to breakdowns?

The problem is the track.

But if any of the horsemen don’t buy that, we could always have them contact you for instruction on how to push their horses...
Old 03-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #120
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Of the 22 dead horses, they are from 19 different trainers. Did all the trainers get together and conspire to push their horses to breakdowns?

The problem is the track.

But if any of the horsemen don’t buy that, we could always have them contact you for instruction on how to push their horses...
Just so we’re clear Drayden VanDyke agreed with me. What would he know?

Someone should tell him a trainer that trained 3 decades ago and a 40 year old that still calls people bro disagree with him.