Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #2521
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Definite possibility.

Thing is, the US electorate has such a short memory span,
it's all going to come down to the summer and fall of 2020.

Who can dish the most dirt?
Just like 2016.
Maybe, but now more Americans will know that much of the dirt coming from democrats is just made up crap.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2019, 03:31 PM   #2522
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
It is over. Mueller left it up to the DoJ and the DoJ said no obstruction.
Barrs' summary is not the report

Although Mueller’s report “does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,” the special counsel wrote in his confidential report, according to Barr’s summary.

"it also does not exonerate him",is one of the few passages directly from Mueller. Wait a few weeks before prematurely gloating.

Btw, the SDNY is gonna hang individual # 1
Old 03-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #2523
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

Although Mueller’s report “does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,” the special counsel wrote in his confidential report, according to Barr’s summary.

"it also does not exonerate him",is one of the few passages directly from Mueller. Wait a few weeks before prematurely gloating.

I am not gloating. The decision has already been made. No prosecuting attorney at the state level or in the SDNY has the authority to bring forth federal obstruction charges, in this case.

The article is b.s. don't believe it.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2019, 04:01 PM   #2524
chrisl

Quote:

Just like you have been saying for 2 years that Mule er was going to hang Trump .."Any Day Now"
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2019, 04:23 PM   #2525
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
I am not gloating. The decision has already been made. No prosecuting attorney at the state level or in the SDNY has the authority to bring forth federal obstruction charges, in this case.

The article is b.s. don't believe it.
The SDNY has him as an unindicted co-conspirator. They are continuing the investigations of campaign fraud and they and the Attorney general of NYS are zeroing in on the Trump Foundation.

When I said it is was only "a matter of time" originally the dems were not in control of the House. Obstruction of justice is only one of the investigations continuing in the House

Democrats prepare for attorney general to testify on Mueller report
Democrats are contemplating their next steps after the Mueller probe.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/demo...ry?id=61912852

Democrats on Capitol Hill on Monday prepared to bring Attorney General William Barr in front of Congress to testify about the results of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into claims of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government in the 2016 presidential election, with the House Judiciary Committee already in touch with the Justice Department about a possible hearing, according to a committee aide.

....Barr also revealed Mueller's conclusion on obstruction, that "while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also doesn't exonerate him," and said the special counsel set out evidence on "both sides of the question."
Old 03-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #2526
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
The SDNY has him as an unindicted co-conspirator. They are continuing the investigations of campaign fraud and they and the Attorney general of NYS are zeroing in on the Trump Foundation.

When I said it is was only "a matter of time" originally the dems were not in control of the House. Obstruction of justice is only one of the investigations continuing in the House

Democrats prepare for attorney general to testify on Mueller report
Democrats are contemplating their next steps after the Mueller probe.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/demo...ry?id=61912852

Democrats on Capitol Hill on Monday prepared to bring Attorney General William Barr in front of Congress to testify about the results of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into claims of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government in the 2016 presidential election, with the House Judiciary Committee already in touch with the Justice Department about a possible hearing, according to a committee aide.

....Barr also revealed Mueller's conclusion on obstruction, that "while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also doesn't exonerate him," and said the special counsel set out evidence on "both sides of the question."
Only addressing the obstruction issue. It doesn't matter if Mueller exonerated the President or not.

The DoJ stated there is no crime of obstruction. It is the same as when Comey said HRC's actions did not amount to a chargeable offense. Comey did not exonerate her, in fact he said she was extremely careless, but she did not intend to commit a crime.

The SDNY is part of the DoJ on this matter. Notice that Mueller did not pass the issue of obstruction to the SDNY, but to the DoJ.

The house has no power to prosecute. Prosecution is reserved to the DOJ. The DoJ by Rosenstein, who oversaw the Mueller investigation said there is no crime of obstruction as there is no intent.

Don't believe the B.S. in the article.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 03-26-2019, 11:11 AM   #2527
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMTW
The DoJ stated there is no crime of obstruction. It is the same as when Comey said HRC's actions did not amount to a chargeable offense. Comey did not exonerate her, in fact he said she was extremely careless, but she did not intend to commit a crime.
The "Barr report" only said that. Most of us if not mesmerized by Chumpy, would be much more interested in the full Mueller report instead.

What are the odds it gets released? Why not release it?

Democrats Demand Attorney General Barr Turn Over Full Mueller Report
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/house...b0f7bfa1b5887f
Old 03-26-2019, 11:19 AM   #2528
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Earth to hcap - Barr has already said he will release as much of the report as he is legally allowed to.

He CANNOT release it unilaterally.
It is a felony.

Unlike democrats, he respects the law.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:38 AM   #2529
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
The "Barr report" only said that. Most of us if not mesmerized by Chumpy, would be much more interested in the full Mueller report instead.

What are the odds it gets released? Why not release it?

Democrats Demand Attorney General Barr Turn Over Full Mueller Report
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/house...b0f7bfa1b5887f
Again, Rod Rosenstein, who oversaw the Mueller investigations and knows the evidence in the report, because Mueller reported to him and Rosenstein is also the man who authored the memo stating the reasons why Comey should be fired determined that the conduct of the President did not arise to obstruction of justice. A.G. Barr also made the determination that the President's conduct did not not amount to obstruction. The top officials in the DoJ made a decision that is binding on all federal prosecutors that the President is not guilty of obstruction.

There is no prosecutor, as that new article suggested , who has the authority to overrule Rosenstein's and Barr's conclusion.

How important do you think the information in the actual report is? Do you believe Rosenstein didn't know the evidence Mueller collected? Do you believe the Barr and Rosenstein are mischaracterizing Mueller's report? Do you believe that Mueller actually made a finding of fact that the President did obstruct justice and both Rosenstein and Barr are lying about Mueller making no finding and asking the DoJ to make the determination?

Take a clue from Brennan and CNN. Brennan said he was given bad info about Mueller's investigation and CNN said they are not investigators if the information is true. In other words they are trying to say we didn't know if the information, we were reporting, is good or bad, true or not, but we reported it anyway.

Don't believe the b.s., you will be disappointed.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 03-26-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #2530
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
It's only a matter of time!
Old 03-26-2019, 12:54 PM   #2531
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Take a clue from Brennan and CNN. Brennan said he was given bad info about Mueller's investigation and CNN said they are not investigators if the information is true. In other words they are trying to say we didn't know if the information, we were reporting, is good or bad, true or not, but we reported it anyway.

Jeff Zucker says CNN was reporting "facts as we know them."

“We are not investigators. We are journalists, and our role is to report the facts as we know them, which is exactly what we did.”

He seems to be forgetting that three key CNN editors and producers resigned for libeling Anthony Scaramucci in their haste to produce a "bombshell."
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #2532
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Everyone at CNN has been factsinated.
They are immune to facts.

It is not a fact until it has been verified.
Using the caveat "If this is true.." is NOT reporting.
It is gossip at best.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:10 PM   #2533
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Everyone at CNN has been factsinated.
They are immune to facts.

It is not a fact until it has been verified.
Using the caveat "If this is true.." is NOT reporting.
It is gossip at best.
Is that true, or were they part of a conspiracy to intentionally spread false information, in order to gain support to remove a duly elected President from office.

Right now they are feigning ignorance, bad information, not investigators, which is their only defense.

Let me refer you to a Senate panel interview of then nominee Barr.

Quote:
William Barr, told a Senate panel Tuesday that he “can conceive of situations” where the Justice Department might jail reporters. Barr made the worrisome remark in response to a question from Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) who asked Barr, “If you’re confirmed, will the Justice Department jail reporters for doing their jobs?” Barr reportedly did not give a direct answer, but finished his response by stating that prosecuting reporters would be a “last resort” that could happen, especially if a news outlet has run through a “red flag.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/willia...as-last-resort

Why would a senator ask a nominee for the A.G. if he would jail reporters? What an off-the-wall question, especially since Barr already served as A.G.
George Washington
Old 03-31-2019, 10:32 AM   #2534
hcap

Old 03-31-2019, 04:28 PM   #2535
riskman

The Democrats saying that “Russia did it” was a “dog ate our homework” excuse for the dismal, dollar-drenched corporate Democrats’ failure to mobilize their party’s popular base against Trump in 2016. At the same time, saying that Trump colluded with Russia was a way of delegitimizing his presidency by tarring him as a traitor.

The Dems,CNN,MSNBC, and many other news and media outlets have acted in a disgusting unamerican manner over the past few years. Trump is not a prize package in many ways he conducts himself but he is the elected president. Do not like it, vote him out next time. It is that simple. I am hoping that the whole lot facing reelection in Nov. are given the boot. Most are totally worthless and do virtually nothing to improve their constituants lives.