Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-13-2017, 10:32 AM   #181
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The media is obsessed with this firing and is going out of its s way to try to make people believe that Trump is bad. No longer even pretending to report news, they are writing the stories. they are so desperate that they consider a "scoop" to be Trump's dessert menu!

Fact is, the story and the firing is hardly of any interest to most people.
Election 2016 all over again. I can see Trump being a 3 term president, when you combine the left's total inability to face reality with their complete lack of math skills.........

There is no peace at the kid's table these days.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:01 AM   #182
hcap

Stephen Colbert Explains Why Trump’s Firing Of Comey Isn’t Really Like ‘The Godfather’

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 04:06 AM   #183
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Stephen Colbert Explains Why Trump’s Firing Of Comey Isn’t Really Like ‘The Godfather’

https://youtu.be/6qTQX0o2kT8

Pretty pathetic that you keep posting crap from a freakin comedian, like that would carry weight with anyone with half a brain.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 04:22 AM   #184
hcap

I have no interest anymore trying to convince you trumpeters that trump is the worst p.o.s. president EVER!! Nothing will get youse guys off the trump-teat of fake news and alternative facts. Nor do I think you telling me Colbert is not funny or talented is anything real. Just thought posting the video would get a typical PA off topic denial especially after your "hero" posted the same shit as you just did.

Just a matter of time till he is gone. He is f**king up so bad even repugs are wondering just how bat shit CRAZY he really is.

The fat orange emperor has no clothes.

Last edited by hcap; 05-14-2017 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:25 AM   #185
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
I have no interest anymore trying to convince you trumpeters that trump is the worst p.o.s. president EVER!! Nothing will get youse guys off the trump-teat of fake news and alternative facts. Nor do I think you telling me Colbert is not funny or talented is anything real. Just thought posting the video would get a typical PA off topic denial especially after your "hero" posted the same shit as you just did.

Just a matter of time till he is gone. He is f**king up so bad even repugs are wondering just how bat shit CRAZY he really is.

EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 04:29 AM   #186
hcap

You kepp posting this nonsense video having no relevance whatsoever to anything. What is the point of a bunch of kids giggling in a playground?

Is it a racial thing with you?
Old 05-14-2017, 09:34 AM   #187
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

His video is on par with yours.
Except yours are the rants of a homophobe.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #188
classhandicapper

There are plenty of articles around these days about how much progress they are making in AI. I'm a little skeptical. To test it, I recommend that we hand the bombs and missiles over to AI and see what it does. If it doesn't bomb all the major media outlets first, I would consider it a failed test of intelligence.

The media is so far beyond biased at this stage I don't even know how to classify it.

"Enemy" is the first thing that comes to mind, but I don't think that really covers it. An enemy can be someone that is intellectually honest with whom you disagree strongly. Bright decent people disagree strongly all the time. There isn't necessarily a connotation of underlying evil in disagreement or the word enemy (though there is in some cases).

I consider the media intellectually dishonest, biased, corrupt, an enemy, immoral, and intrinsically evil. It should be utterly destroyed by decent human beings who refuse to watch or buy their services.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #189
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Why don't you go back to telling us how stupid we are that we do not believe that all of New York City and the whole state of Florida will be under water in 20 years? Your condescension toward people who don't think like you is starting to surpass Mostie, you must be a real joy to be around. Trump is my hero for only one reason, he kept the evil witch with the flying monkeys out of the White House. I have repeatedly said I wrote some one in and did not vote for Trump, I don't like the guy one bit as a person, but he is mother Teresa next to Hillary Clinton. He also at least puts America first, he isn't ashamed to be an American like the great divider who was before him.
I will admit I am starting to like Trump more and more just for the fact he makes liberals so angry and brings them to tears.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #190
davew

Quote:

That is odd, because many here and in the country feel the title of worst POS president ever goes to 0bama. It may take a few years to drain his swamp of followers.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #191
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Quote:
You never what a crazy jerk might do.
Sign a treaty with Iran to give them nukes?
Send skids full of cash to the world's leading terror sponsor?

Boggles the mind.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #192
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
That is odd, because many here and in the country feel the title of worst POS president ever goes to 0bama. It may take a few years to drain his swamp of followers.
I followed politics at a young age, I was all of 7 when I stayed up all night watching election returns during Nixon vs Humphrey. In my eyes Jimmy Carter proudly held the title of worst president ever in my lifetime until Obama snatched it away.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #193
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
it takes a special kind of stupid to make that determination after 100 days
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #194
_______
Veteran

I've been out of contact with the world for the last week and just heard about the Comey firing last night. And I'll apologize in advance for not reading all the responses in this thread before posting my own. This might already have been in the discussion.

It probably is too early to judge his Presidency but I don't think anyone can argue that he hasn't wasted the honeymoon period where most new Presidents use the goodwill granted them to pass signature legislation. And it's not clear to me how he changes that dynamic moving forward.

Democrats will have no reason to cooperate with him. And Republicans who might be asked for their support will have to question whether the President might pull the rug out from under them on TV the way he did to his own administration on Thursday.

His own base remains rock solid. But the agenda they want to see passed seems like a much more distant possibility as time goes on and he continues stumbling over his own feet.

He also may have crossed a line when he cited the Russia investigation as one reason for firing Comey. It's hard to resist the idea this could be obstruction of justice. It's not an easy charge to prove because the key is motivation. But the fact that he even brought it up is troubling and something than no criminal defense attorney would want to have a client blurting out on TV.

It's a very poor start.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 12:51 PM   #195
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
I've been out of contact with the world for the last week and just heard about the Comey firing last night. And I'll apologize in advance for not reading all the responses in this thread before posting my own. This might already have been in the discussion.

It probably is too early to judge his Presidency but I don't think anyone can argue that he hasn't wasted the honeymoon period where most new Presidents use the goodwill granted them to pass signature legislation. And it's not clear to me how he changes that dynamic moving forward.

Democrats will have no reason to cooperate with him. And Republicans who might be asked for their support will have to question whether the President might pull the rug out from under them on TV the way he did to his own administration on Thursday.

His own base remains rock solid. But the agenda they want to see passed seems like a much more distant possibility as time goes on and he continues stumbling over his own feet.

He also may have crossed a line when he cited the Russia investigation as one reason for firing Comey. It's hard to resist the idea this could be obstruction of justice. It's not an easy charge to prove because the key is motivation. But the fact that he even brought it up is troubling and something than no criminal defense attorney would want to have a client blurting out on TV.

It's a very poor start.
for your argument to make any sense it would take Trump to follow the status quo of presidents. he wasn't elected to do that. he was elected to drain the swamp. that's what is happening. sit back and enjoy it like the rest of us.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply