Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-17-2016, 02:51 PM   #31
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Wow...some proof, Classhandicapper. And...since you are so well-versed in all things "financial"...you are probably certain that all of us left-wingers are living in basement apartments, and eating ravioli out of a can...RIGHT?

Ohhh, how I wish I were as "successful" as you are.

Dude, I'm not going to argue with you.

If you knew me over the last few decades you'd know I was right about the commercial real estate and LBO bubble around 1990, the telecom and dot com bubble in the late 90s, the real estate bubble prior to 2008, and other miscellaneous undervalued and overvalued opportunities. I am right now about the financial asset bubble, QE, ZIRP, and NIRP too.

There are loads of people more successful than I am because they are excellent at what THEY do, work harder, enjoy and pursue more lucrative things, or have other positive qualities I don'[t have. That's irrelevant. To suggest I don't know what I am talking about when it comes to investing and the economy is simply wrong. That's where I made most of MY money starting from zero and never having a huge salary.

And for the record, I've been on this forum for a very long time and never said a damn thing about money. But if guys like you and mosty are going to call me out and insult me, I'm going to tell you you are wrong and why.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 10-17-2016 at 02:57 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #32
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Dude, I'm not going to argue with you.

If you knew me over the last few decades you'd know I was right about the commercial real estate and LBO bubble around 1990, the telecom and dot com bubble in the late 90s, the real estate bubble prior to 2008, and other miscellaneous undervalued and overvalued opportunities. I am right now about the financial asset bubble, QE, ZIRP, and NIRP too.

There are loads of people more successful than I am because they are excellent at what THEY do, work harder, enjoy and pursue more lucrative things, or have other positive qualities. That's irrelevant. To suggest I don't know what I am talking about when it comes to investing and the economy is simply wrong. That's where I made MY money. You are wrong.
I don't know how "successful" you are...nor could I care less. I agreed with Mostpost that you are easily the most "set-in-his-opinions" guy that I've ever seen on this board...even though you pretend to be "open-minded". If I had a dollar for every time I have seen you blame only the LEFT for all the ills of society...then I would be even richer than you.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:07 PM   #33
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
Both are hated. Trumps unfavorables are high as are Hilary's

To deny that....well there's not much I can do for ya, but they are facts.

Allan
Have you ever thought that Trump might not be as bad as 'they say'? What are his unfavorables? He's a 70 year old guy with a bad filter, so he comes across as rude and not PC quite often, do you believe that matters at all when running the country? Don't we WANT someone with a thick skin?

Is an unfavorable that he didn't volunteer to pay more taxes than he owes?

Trump is an amateur when it comes to lying, cheating, stealing, kickbacks, rapes, threats, drugs, murder, etc. He's not in the same galaxy, never was and never will be, if you think he is than cnn has done an incredible job selling you a very sweet and tasty brand of kool aid.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #34
classhandicapper

Quote:
I don't know how "successful" you are...nor could I care less. I agreed with Mostpost that you are easily the most "set-in-his-opinions" guy that I've ever seen on this board...even though you pretend to be "open-minded". If I had a dollar for every time I have seen you blame only the LEFT for all the ills of society...then I would be even richer than you.
You aren't paying attention.

I trash the hell out of Wall St and the big banks, the neocons, and others on the right all the time. I've been trashing free trade for months. I trash the Keynesian deficit republicans. I lost track of how many times I trashed Bush. Half the time I sound like a Bernie Sanders supporter. But once you get to the solutions, I have a very different view. On those things I think the left is way off base because it doesn't recognize (or admit) that the core economic problem is unsound money and debt expansion (which is what the Keynesians on both sides promote) .

I believe in live and let live like most libertarians and leftists, but I also believe that some choices produce better results than others and should be encouraged. I criticize the left for being so concerned about not making judgments or incorporating religious values, it ignores or spins data and practically encourages poor behavior.

That's not left wing, but it sure isn't republican either.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 10-17-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:49 PM   #35
thaskalos

Quote:
You aren't paying attention.

I trash the hell out of Wall St and the big banks, the neocons, and others on the right all the time. I've been trashing free trade for months. I trash the Keynesian deficit republicans. I lost track of how many times I trashed Bush. Half the time I sound like a Bernie Sanders supporter. But once you get to the solutions, I have a very different view. On those things I think the left is way off base because it doesn't recognize (or admit) that the core economic problem is unsound money and debt expansion (which is what the Keynesians on both sides promote) .

I believe in live and let live like most libertarians and leftists, but I also believe that some choices produce better results than others and should be encouraged. I criticize the left for being so concerned about not making judgments or incorporating religious values, it ignores or spins data and practically encourages poor behavior.

That's not left wing, but it sure isn't republican either.
Can you point me to your posts where you are criticizing the "right-wingers"...or do they walk on water?

Go back and reread your post #25....where you tell Mostpost that, while you were amassing your "great wealth", all of us "left-wingers" were tripping over every financial bubble in our path...and tell me where you found out about these financial mishaps of ours. Unlike you...us left-wingers don't talk about our personal wealth on this board.

Go bullshit someone else, Classhandicapper...I ain't a good candidate for your shtick. I've been around. Reading a Ludwig von Mises book doesn't make one a "libertarian".

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-17-2016 at 03:54 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #36
classhandicapper

Quote:
Can you point me to your posts where you are criticizing the "right-wingers"...or do they walk on water?

Go back and reread your post #25....where you tell Mostpost that, while you were amassing your "great wealth", all of us "left-wingers" were tripping over every financial bubble in our path...and tell me where you found out about these financial mishaps of ours. Unlike you...us left-wingers don't talk about our personal wealth on this board.

Go bullshit someone else, Classhandicapper...I ain't a good candidate for your shtick. I've been around. Reading a Ludwig von Mises book doesn't make one a "libertarian".
I'm not going to search through years of posts covering a multitude of topics to find the ones where I called the neocons war mongering traitors, Bush an idiot, republicans a different version of deficit spenders, or bashed the hell out of Wall St. and bankers by calling them financial rapists. But since I just did it for about the 50th time, this should suffice.

The liberals I was speaking of are the same clueless "Keynesians" that dug us into our current hole. The Krugman's of the world that couldn't find a bubble without a road map or that think creating a new bubble to enhance consumption is good policy.

If you guys weren't questioning my knowledge of investing and whether I "know what's going on", I wouldn't have felt compelled to tell you or anyone else that I have the results to back me up. I never did before. You guys started it. Don't make it personal.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 10-17-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:57 PM   #37
thaskalos

Quote:
I'm not going to search through years of posts covering a multitude of topics to find the ones where I called the neocons war mongering traitors, Bush an idiot, republicans a different version of deficit spenders, or bashed the hell out of Wall St. and bankers by calling them financial rapists. But since I just did it for about the 50th time, this should suffice.

The liberals I was speaking of are the same clueless "Keynesians" that dug us into our current hole.

If certain liberals weren't questioning my knowledge of investing and whether I "know what's going on", I wouldn't have felt compelled to tell you or anyone else that I have the results to back me up. I never did before. You guys started it.
No...I didn't mean the republican "politicians". I wanted to see where you've disagreed with the republican POSTERS here, like you do with us "left-wingers". I guess our republican brethren here are never wrong about anything.

And...I can't blame you for being unable to keep your personal wealth a secret from us on this board. It's tough to be humble when you are so good.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:10 PM   #38
classhandicapper

Quote:
No...I didn't mean the republican "politicians". I wanted to see where you've disagreed with the republican POSTERS here, like you do with us "left-wingers". I guess our republican brethren here are never wrong about anything.

And...I can't blame you for being unable to keep your personal wealth a secret from us on this board. It's tough to be humble when you are so good.
If I post what I just said about republicans, Wall St, neocons etc... it's there for everyone else to see. If the republicans here think I am wrong, they are free to say so. Clocker and I agree on a lot of stuff, but I've had a few back and forths with him on free trade. I defended Cruz's constitutionalism when everyone else here was trashing him.

I am neither humble or conceited, but I'm confident I have a good understanding of markets and values and know where to get insights and information that will help me. It's not in the WSJ, on CNBC, or the major media outlets.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:16 PM   #39
thaskalos

I have realized that there are all sorts of "experts" on the internet...
Old 10-17-2016, 06:40 PM   #40
classhandicapper

Quote:
I have realized that there are all sorts of "experts" on the internet...
I'll stick with my own views. They have served me very well long term despite a single tactical error that cost me plenty.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #41
Valuist

Quote:

Its really more conservative than liberal than pure R vs D. Obviously somewhat similar but not exactly the same. Or nationalists vs globalists. Or Austrian vs Keynesian.

Last edited by Valuist; 10-17-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply