Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #61
greengorilla

Should have smelled you sooner MARK. Can't believe they still have you on the air at the mountain. U and Nancy sure knock em dead with your picks LOL. If you read any of my comments donut man you would see I didn't call out any stewards personally by name. And who cares what a loser handicapper like you has to say. How many stakes winners have your sold or booked mounts for? zero last I checked, how many horses have u owned and payed a bill on. and your a liar no stewards make 6 figures and you no that. You really are a goof. In stead of posting your opinion you need worry about picking a winner once a month..
Old 02-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #62
Fastracehorse

I watched a race at Tampa almost 2 weeks ago

horse had 12k to win on it right away ( 1:9 )

in my mind that is financial suicide because: many times these don't pan out for the naive gambler

how is the horse not going to win? ( I thought to myself ); and i watched the stretch run to see it how it didn't win

i think there is an unsaid rule that no one has to tell anybody what to do - when that kind of $ impacts the pools

of course sometimes i try and find a conspiracy where there isn't one

that Beulah one was very ugly - because a run away horse was DQ'd for winning the race

fffastt
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #63
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengorilla
Should have smelled you sooner MARK. Can't believe they still have you on the air at the mountain. U and Nancy sure knock em dead with your picks LOL. If you read any of my comments donut man you would see I didn't call out any stewards personally by name. And who cares what a loser handicapper like you has to say. How many stakes winners have your sold or booked mounts for? zero last I checked, how many horses have u owned and payed a bill on. and your a liar no stewards make 6 figures and you no that. You really are a goof. In stead of posting your opinion you need worry about picking a winner once a month..

see all his creditability goes out the window with each post. Show some class man. But I'm sure you love playing the tough guy on the internet
Old 02-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #64
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengorilla
Told u guys mountainman worked in some capacity for the track. I don't know what you position is mountainman but your clearly an idiot.
I've never hidden my identity or what I do. I CHOOSE to be accountable for every word I type on pace advantage. To post anonymously would be beneath my dignity. My name is Mark Patterson. I cohost mnr's simulcast show and work mornings as mnr's ast racing secretary. I also do the morning line, serve as stakes coordinator, and blog for the company's website. Not everyone likes me, but even my enemies respect me. And no sane person confuses me for an idiot.

And you're way out of line in accusing Daryl Parker of a criminal act.

Last edited by mountainman; 02-26-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #65
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

I suggest that we take up a collection for greengorilla to take a basic english comprehension course. It is painful reading his posts.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #66
MightBeSosa
Veteran

Had to see this for myself. Yeah, it was a bogus call. No idea what they were thinking.

Was the 6 somehow obligated to stay in the 5 path as a courtesy to the inside pair? Gently moved over, and something happened to the 1, prob a heel clip.

No foul. Stupid dq. Guess they will claim they are trying to send a message to the jockeys to play nice.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #67
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightBeSosa
Had to see this for myself. Yeah, it was a bogus call. No idea what they were thinking.

Was the 6 somehow obligated to stay in the 5 path as a courtesy to the inside pair? Gently moved over, and something happened to the 1, prob a heel clip.

No foul. Stupid dq. Guess they will claim they are trying to send a message to the jockeys to play nice.
Yes, and they used bettors money as a pawn to make their point to their riders (as opposed to making the race official and fining or suspending the winning jock for 'cutting it too close')
Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #68
Some_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightBeSosa

Not the 5 path, but the 3 path, the rules of racing are no different then the rules of the highway, you don't turn it unless you're clear, he was never clear of the inside 2 horses yet still got to the 2 path by the turn, someone was always going to have to check hard because of that aggressive move
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #69
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_One
Not the 5 path, but the 3 path, the rules of racing are no different then the rules of the highway, you don't turn it unless you're clear, he was never clear of the inside 2 horses yet still got to the 2 path by the turn, someone was always going to have to check hard because of that aggressive move
For you to say this was an aggressive move is completely absurd. Never clear of the 2 horses? Did you watch the replay? Like CJ said earlier, if your going to call a DQ in this race then 95% of the races ran everyday should include a DQ.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #70
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by appistappis
I suggest that we take up a collection for greengorilla to take a basic english comprehension course. It is painful reading his posts.
LOL classic.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #71
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Its called raceriding, it happens in almost every race at every track everyday. Do you suggest 5 to 10 DQs per track per day? Do you think that's what the bettors want?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #72
Stillriledup
Veteran

Here's what bettors want:

Pay the winners. Find a way to pay off the winners and deal with the 'administrative stuff' behind the scenes.

Stewards need to do everything they possibly can to leave a horse up and only take down the ones that they just have absolutely no choice in the matter. When i say no choice, i mean a violent crash and severe bumping. Anything less than a hard bump that costs a horse a placing, pay off the winners.

As a bettor, i just want to get paid, i dont stay up till the wee hours of the night crunching numbers and watching tape till my eyes bleed so some random person can play god with my money and no, it doesnt all even out in the end.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #73
Some_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Its called raceriding, it happens in almost every race at every track everyday. Do you suggest 5 to 10 DQs per track per day? Do you think that's what the bettors want?
I think the bettors would want the rules of racing to be followed. The only reason this is an outrage is because a 2-5 shot was tossed for taking out some 50-1 longshot. If the tables were turned and a 50-1 shot cut off a 2-5 shot, everyone would have been demanding the head of the longshot's rider.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #74
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
I think the bettors would want the rules of racing to be followed. The only reason this is an outrage is because a 2-5 shot was tossed for taking out some 50-1 longshot. If the tables were turned and a 50-1 shot cut off a 2-5 shot, everyone would have been demanding the head of the longshot's rider.
. Bettors want to be paid. If a horse wins by 12, you pay the winners off. As far as rules of racing goes, punish the jock behind the scenes, but leave the pari mutuel stuff alone. Its not unprecedented that a jock be left up and then fined/suspended for a mistake he 'allegedly' made.

Bettors dont' want stewards playing god with their money and that's exactly what happened in this situation.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #75
Some_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
. Bettors want to be paid. If a horse wins by 12, you pay the winners off. As far as rules of racing goes, punish the jock behind the scenes, but leave the pari mutuel stuff alone. Its not unprecedented that a jock be left up and then fined/suspended for a mistake he 'allegedly' made.

Bettors dont' want stewards playing god with their money and that's exactly what happened in this situation.
So what do you tell the connections of the horse that lost all chance because of the infraction, 'sorry but since your horse was 50-1, we don't give a damn about you, the 2-5 shot matters more'?
Closed Thread