Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-26-2019, 03:18 PM   #271
airford1

Hoss I worked with a guy like you. It only took once to fix the problem, I promised myself to not stoop to being hateful. I'm Sorry I really want to be a good person.

Last edited by airford1; 03-26-2019 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Guilt
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2019, 03:43 PM   #272
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
Hoss I worked with a guy like you. It only took once to fix the problem, I promised myself to not stoop to being hateful. I'm Sorry I really want to be a good person.
I wish I had seen the unedited version.

I’m not going to apologize for anything I have said in this thread. Chad keeps just saying things with no basis in fact. His being a trainer 30 years ago doesnot mean he has any idea of what is actually going on and I think that’s been shown numerous times. The post by Forefoforever that numerous people applauded was a summation of what I had been saying.

I’m a lot of things but I don’t just make stuff up. Some here do but that’s not me.
Dahossdaboss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2019, 04:36 PM   #273
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
but all we've heard is how breeding is so screwed up that they breed nothing but cripples and bleeders. So to steal one from the hoss nothing is the same thirty years later. So apparently your comparison to 95' won't hold water. And in reality your comparison makes no sense anyway. Your comparing 4 instances of external bleeding of horses that weren't using lasix (these were non bleeders to begin with or they wouldn't have been racing in NY at the time) vs horses that were using lasix(they were more than likely bleeders before that). And with that sample size all I'll do is laugh.
You are so over your head. Please stop.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2019, 05:26 PM   #274
airford1

The un edited version was that I added I'm Sorry.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2019, 08:14 PM   #275
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Okay but somehow they cant do it here in the United states.

Bleeding in horses has always happened.

Allan
they'll be using that same stuff here eventually if lasix is banned. then the betters won't know which ones are on it and which ones aren't.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #276
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
You are so over your head. Please stop.
lol. I just enjoy you guys making yourselves look like total idiots. I usually have to pay good money for this entertainment. I have always gotten such a laugh out of people talking like they know everything about these animals and in the end they struggle to know which end takes the shit. Keep rockin on
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2019, 01:32 AM   #277
Spalding No!

Quote:
but all we've heard is how breeding is so screwed up that they breed nothing but cripples and bleeders. So to steal one from the hoss nothing is the same thirty years later.
What's your point? Let's pretend that breeding thing is true, what are you suggesting? That there's more bleeders now than ever before? What are the options in that situation?

1) Forge ahead until we get to a point where even lasix won't mitigate the severity of bleeding anymore and we see your Chicken Little 2 or 3 blood drenched horses (in a 5-horse field) being paraded in front of the grandstand

or

2) Scale back the use of lasix thereby reversing breeding trends, promoting better training/management of "true" bleeders, and encouraging research in alternative therapies that don't require raceday medication.

Quote:
So apparently your comparison to 95' won't hold water.
Well, it probably holds more water than a racehorse that gets a dose of lasix about once a week.

Quote:
And in reality your comparison makes no sense anyway. Your comparing 4 instances of external bleeding of horses that weren't using lasix (these were non bleeders to begin with or they wouldn't have been racing in NY at the time) vs horses that were using lasix(they were more than likely bleeders before that).
I think you're confused here. Horses bleed out the nose even through lasix (see the Fair Grounds Oaks last weekend). Unless you're willing to pour over the Belmont and Aqueduct charts from late 1995, you have no idea if those 4 cases were treated with lasix or not. But we do know they were bleeders...because they bled!

And we don't know if the horses that didn't bleed externally were true bleeders at all because once they allowed lasix immediately the majority of runners began receiving lasix.

Or are we to believe in your topsy-turvy world that a massive influx of out-of-state bleeders invaded NYRA tracks in September 1995 and began pummeling the non-bleeding locals to the point that the non-bleeders became bleeders (in the worst degree no less)?

Do you write Zombie Apocalypse thrillers in your spare time?

Quote:
And with that sample size all I'll do is laugh.
Huh? The sample size is every start in every race conducted by NYRA in 1995. That's something like 3,000-odd races and about 25,000 starts. Why would you laugh?

Maybe it's a nervous laughter cuz those big numbers have too many zeros. Well...

..they say that Minnesota is the "Land of 10,000 Lakes", so if it makes it easier for you that's about 2 and 1/2 Minnesotas worth of starters.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #278
the little guy

Quote:
lol. I just enjoy you guys making yourselves look like total idiots. I usually have to pay good money for this entertainment. I have always gotten such a laugh out of people talking like they know everything about these animals and in the end they struggle to know which end takes the shit. Keep rockin on
Remind us again, was your win percentage 7 or 9 when you were training?
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2019, 12:19 PM   #279
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Fager Fan is not going to be happy about this.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:30 PM   #280
AskinHaskin

Quote:

Quote:
last fall I was at races and I follow things a fair amount now. not sure what difference that really makes anyway. I've forgot more about these animals than you'll ever know
Ouch! Somebody is getting lectured by a career 9% trainer who last started a horse on August 12, 1991.

But in all fairness, in that final, abbreviated year, he had a trio of stand-up stakes horses.

Indeed there were the lean years:

6-of-127
10-of-167

and there were the salad days:

8-for-33 in 1991 (8 wins in 98 days)

But why does a guy hang it up when he's got the world eating right out of his hand?

Was it Lasix???

Or... hmmmmmm, the career 8% (then) guy is suddenly winning at 24%.

Enquiring minds really do want to know...
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2019, 12:32 PM   #281
AskinHaskin

Quote:
(circles the '9' )

BUT again, there was that 24% aberration...

but whyyyyyyyyyyy do they bail out right when they're getting good ???

<puzzled>
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #282
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

He’s definitely not going to be happy about that either.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:48 PM   #283
jay68802

Why not give the trainers what they want?

Let them have their Lasix.

Limit or ban the other 2000 or so drugs 30 days from race day.

And get rid of the rules that allow them to run horses under another trainer.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2019, 02:55 PM   #284
cutchemist42

My main question is still basically if horse racing stays off the ballot over the next 5 years? Only 600,000 votes need to be voted on...
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #285
dilanesp

Just an observation, but I would actually trust a 9 percent trainer on the drug issue over a 30 percent trainer...
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: