Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-03-2019, 04:34 PM   #1
sour grapes
Veteran

belmont screwed up

forecast of rain today when hit by a storm,track not sealed and racing cancelled,this happened last year too when races taken off the turf turned into cancelling due to pick 6 refunds cause it was too late to make adjustments.NYRA doesnt seem to want to take bets unless its for pick 6 suckers.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

lulz
Old 05-03-2019, 04:49 PM   #3
burnsy
self medicated

Don't worry. I e-mailed Joe Draper. The OTB channel was down too...….....gotta love this operation.....abortion.... Upstate....the sun is out!

Last edited by burnsy; 05-03-2019 at 04:55 PM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2019, 05:05 PM   #4
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Don't worry. I e-mailed Joe Draper. The OTB channel was down too...….....gotta love this operation.....abortion.... Upstate....the sun is out!
I've got Roger Sterling and Pete Campbell's emails if you need those too. Bert Cooper won't use email, plus he's dead at the present time.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2019, 05:15 PM   #5
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
I've got Roger Sterling and Pete Campbell's emails if you need those too. Bert Cooper won't use email, plus he's dead at the present time.
Lol...lol.... Thanks! Bert was a rolodex man anyway!
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2019, 05:33 PM   #6
sour grapes
Veteran

i wouldnt be suprised if nyra execs told the maintence crew not to seal the track so they could have a built in excuse to cancel knowing the races would be taken off the turf. Ive seen the tracks being sealed on overcast days and today was a forecast for rain all day..doesnt make sense not to seal the track with a turf race being run before the next dirt race
Old 05-03-2019, 07:38 PM   #7
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sour grapes View Post
i wouldnt be suprised if nyra execs told the maintence crew not to seal the track so they could have a built in excuse to cancel knowing the races would be taken off the turf. Ive seen the tracks being sealed on overcast days and today was a forecast for rain all day..doesnt make sense not to seal the track with a turf race being run before the next dirt race
This is a new low.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2019, 07:40 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
This is a new low.
Most people on this board have a lot of practice coming up with new and exciting ways to explain away things...so no surprise.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #9
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Most people on this board have a lot of practice coming up with new and exciting ways to explain away things...so no surprise.
Askin Haskin Post #54.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:28 PM   #10
elhelmete

Quote:
Askin Haskin Post #54.
c'mon wait til I'm done sipping my beer before posting this...now I gotta clean my keyboard
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2019, 08:57 PM   #11
notoday

Wait until tomorrow The Lirr last train leaves one half hour after the last race post. It should be leaving while the horses are in the gate for the Derby
notoday is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #12
the little guy

...and, suddenly, a new contender emerges.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #13
sour grapes
Veteran

is their an explanation why the track wasnt sealed except for i forgot,just defies logic.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #14
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sour grapes View Post
is their an explanation why the track wasnt sealed except for i forgot,just defies logic.
Yeah, that was the explanation.

You're on quite a roll.

I'm assuming that given your extensive career as a meteorologist you are aware that on rare occasions, minor showers sometimes morph into dramatic downpours. Tough to prepare for that. I assume you understand that it takes over ten minutes to seal a one and a half mile oval ( this is common sense ) even if you are right on top of it. That's not possible given what happened today. To suggest that we are not proactive in sealing our surfaces only says that you pay little to no attention to the everyday track maintenance moves at NYRA. Lots of people to criticize in this game. Glen Kozak isn't one of them. The only knock on him is we can't clone him.

Unfortunate things happen sometimes. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this was one of them.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:00 PM   #15
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, that was the explanation.

You're on quite a roll.

I'm assuming that given your extensive career as a meteorologist you are aware that on rare occasions, minor showers sometimes morph into dramatic downpours. Tough to prepare for that. I assume you understand that it takes over ten minutes to seal a one and a half mile oval ( this is common sense ) even if you are right on top of it. That's not possible given what happened today. To suggest that we are not proactive in sealing our surfaces only says that you pay little to no attention to the everyday track maintenance moves at NYRA. Lots of people to criticize in this game. Glen Kozak isn't one of them. The only knock on him is we can't clone him.

Unfortunate things happen sometimes. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this was one of them.

We were betting Belmont in a number of races. Dylan Davis was en fuego.

Rain was coming down hard. Next we saw was Belmont racing was cancelled.

Only thing we thought was, well they are looking out for the best interests of everybody. Horses, jockeys, trainers, owners. Everybody. We never second guessed it.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply