Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-04-2022, 09:34 PM   #31
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
I’m on board for all your role models ideas. Can’t speak for New Orleans but isn’t it strange that they have run Chicago for the last 100 years and nothing has changed has it? So let’s go pass like 500 new gun laws, ban assault weapons and other guns that you want to and whatever else you want. Should stop all this madness as criminals will follow all the new laws and never get their hands on assault weapons.

Say you don't have any good ways to curb gun violence without really saying you it.

PS - no law has ever existed that actually stopped the act it criminalized. People still use heroin, people still drink and drive, people still commit insurance fraud. Should we do away with those laws? They obviously don't work, because, you know, criminals don't follow laws.

Goodnight Strikeout, it's been fun toying with you.

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 07-04-2022 at 09:36 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2022, 09:48 PM   #32
Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post

Say you don't have any good ways to curb gun violence without really saying you it.

PS - no law has ever existed that actually stopped the act it criminalized. People still use heroin, people still drink and drive, people still commit insurance fraud. Should we do away with those laws? They obviously don't work, because, you know, criminals don't follow laws.

Goodnight Strikeout, it's been fun toying with you.
Like I said you are the coolest guy here and now I can see you think you are the coolest guy on the internet. You have been the biggest poser I’ve ever seen on a message board in this thread. Keep insulting the sites owner, it’s a good look for an educated man like you bro.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2022, 10:06 PM   #33
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Let's see how you and your crew downplay it for your narrative.
Pretty easy. Some idiot kid who was obviously a danger was ignored. Not to mention his obvious wannabe rapper obsession influenced his thinking.

We a screwing our kids up so much today……….
Old 07-04-2022, 10:20 PM   #34
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Pretty easy. Some idiot kid who was obviously a danger was ignored. Not to mention his obvious wannabe rapper obsession influenced his thinking.

We a screwing our kids up so much today……….

Watched someone interviewing Judge Judy about her time in family court. She put the blame on parents and judges who want to go soft on juvenile crime. She was not amused by kids who committed crime for sport. She mentioned a particular case of a good looking black kid who was beaten by a gang of whites... they beat the kid pretty bad, knocked out his teeth, some brain damage... she gave the kids doing the beating the max allowed, 18 months. Their parents were quite upset with Judy.

I think this kid doing the shooting was a progression of bad behavior and little if any consequences.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2022, 11:55 PM   #35
Elkchester Road

Quote:
It ain't difficult...just be a man.
Again...what do you propose be done to curb the gun violence, playa?
Make the Lunatics at least think about what they are about to do. If they still choose to...make them wish they hadn't. But, as we all know...your side does NOT believe in that. Refute it.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:51 AM   #36
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Like I said you are the coolest guy here and now I can see you think you are the coolest guy on the internet. You have been the biggest poser I’ve ever seen on a message board in this thread. Keep insulting the sites owner, it’s a good look for an educated man like you bro.
I thought we were discussing the shooting in Chicago, but you can't seem to offer any type of solution to the gun violence plaguing that city and America.
Just as I figured...all you want to do now is take swipes at me.

Strikeout swings and misses.
Sit down son.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:52 AM   #37
davew

people are flocking to the liberal paradise improved by Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot. Under 100 shot and 30 killed last weekend in Chicago.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 07:31 PM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Liberals have all the answers for America, yet the cities they run are nothing but shitholes.

Makes sense to them I guess.
Old 07-13-2022, 04:09 AM   #39
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Liberals have all the answers for America, yet the cities they run are nothing but shitholes.

Makes sense to them I guess.
Spot...on.
Old 07-14-2022, 02:22 AM   #40
Parkview_Pirate

To be fair, it's my opinion that large cities almost always attract those who find the amenities to their liking, and it does appear that those tend to be the "liberal" - though that term isn't what it used to represent. Are there any big cities in the U.S. that are "run" by conservatives that can be used for lower-crime comparisons? Even Salt Lake has more violent crime now.

The Highland Park event conveniently comes on the heels of the recent Federal laws which may allow the use of "red flag" tactics to deny citizens their 2nd Amendment rights. This is just fine with this author, who writes:

"Make it harder for everyone to get guns."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...s-work/661521/

Funny how mass shootings always bring up cries for more gun control, but events like the Waukesha holiday parade "massacre" in which six people died last November, not a peep about outlawing or even restricting access to motor vehicles. Especially those heinous, gas guzzling SUVs. I won't argue about the convenience of each method, but would point out the 2A is about avoiding government tyranny. And an AR-15 comes in as the better tool vs. a SUV when it comes to maintaining freedom.

As for Illinois in general, it's controlled by the evil forces from the Windy City. Who in their right mind votes in a mayor that's as incompetent and uncouth as Lightfoot, who could easily pass for the close cousin of the Creature from the Black Lagoon? Where's the logic in that?

Rumors are floating around the JB wants to run for President. Hah. Governor Butterball may have the deck stacked in his favor for the state election, but the "Pritzger Sucks" signs are making a comeback here downstate. Nationally, the political divide is pretty close to 50-50, so I can't imagine JB overcoming that sentiment on the national scene. His record of response to the pandemic should have him up on charges of crimes against humanity. His economic "policies" don't seem to be effective at all.

https://wirepoints.org/illinois-econ...er-wirepoints/

"Overall, Illinois’ GDP growth ranks 41st nationally (50 = worst) during the governor’s three years in office."

Of course, incompetence didn't hold Hillary back much.

As with Trump, a "born with a silver spoon in mouth" billionaire isn't going to be the solution to turning the country around. Both these guys are insiders and a big part of the problem.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply