Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-10-2023, 08:00 PM   #1
Cutter14

Irad

Only 4 winners today even though he didn't win the big one---to me he is by far the best there is--heck of a day
Cutter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2023, 01:11 AM   #2
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter14 View Post
Only 4 winners today even though he didn't win the big one---to me he is by far the best there is--heck of a day

LOL - yeah, right

5-wide all the way around the last turn with nobody else anywhere near him much of the way, and he gets beat a length and a half in the end.

He's the goat alright. (just not with capital letters)
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2023, 06:21 AM   #3
Cutter14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
LOL - yeah, right

5-wide all the way around the last turn with nobody else anywhere near him much of the way, and he gets beat a length and a half in the end.

He's the goat alright. (just not with capital letters)
Even the best are not perfect--I said he is the best around now not ever saying he is the goat--don't put words in my mouth--I guess the trainers don't think much of him-he rides the top horses for the top stables-sounds like sour grapes to me

---
Old 06-11-2023, 09:16 AM   #4
burnsy
self medicated

I don’t know if Haskin is the real guy but when he posts he’s mostly not a good observer , kind of a fool and doesn’t understand sports . Professional sports is competing at the highest level…… YOU NEVER WIN THEM ALL! If you win at the clip Irad wins at , in anything , you are pretty much the best . Period. If Haskin watched any of Fortes works, they knew that was the trip he had to make . Pletcher put the work mate on the rail and made Forte circle him every time . Did they want to be that wide ? Of course not . But sometimes it’s out of your control.

I defy anyone to watch the Poker where he takes Emmanuel back and absolutely schools the others with a late charge . Or the opposite move on Up To The Mark , a horse going a new distance he absolutely lulled the rest to sleep and stole away with that race . The only one that says Goat is that boob Haskin . But if you can’t see he’s the best rider right now . How can you even be in this business?
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2023, 09:48 AM   #5
Cutter14

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I don’t know if Haskin is the real guy but when he posts he’s mostly not a good observer , kind of a fool and doesn’t understand sports . Professional sports is competing at the highest level…… YOU NEVER WIN THEM ALL! If you win at the clip Irad wins at , in anything , you are pretty much the best . Period. If Haskin watched any of Fortes works, they knew that was the trip he had to make . Pletcher put the work mate on the rail and made Forte circle him every time . Did they want to be that wide ? Of course not . But sometimes it’s out of your control.

I defy anyone to watch the Poker where he takes Emmanuel back and absolutely schools the others with a late charge . Or the opposite move on Up To The Mark , a horse going a new distance he absolutely lulled the rest to sleep and stole away with that race . The only one that says Goat is that boob Haskin . But if you can’t see he’s the best rider right now . How can you even be in this business?
He obviously has no clue and putting it mildly he is an idiot---I'm waiting for his reply and want to know who he thinks is better today than Irad
Old 06-11-2023, 07:20 PM   #6
porchy44

Irad

Quote:
I said for years Irad Ortiz was the best jockey on the planet. But he was in a horrible slump at Keeneland this spring.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=175778
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2023, 08:03 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I don’t know if Haskin is the real guy
That's a solid no
Old 06-27-2023, 10:10 PM   #8
IamNewt

Quote:
While I think Irad is a great turf rider he's going to piss off the wrong rider one day with his stretch antics and blocking on the dirt.
IamNewt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2023, 12:02 PM   #9
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Read the comment line regarding the #4 What's Up Doc also involving the #10 Ice Road, ridden by Irad

https://www.brisnet.com/secure-bin/b...&alternative=1

it's not really bad watching the head on, but Irad nudged his way into that slot

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 08-14-2023 at 12:04 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2023, 12:22 PM   #10
lamboguy

i seriously wonder if Irad would have been this good if he didn't have Steve Rushing as his agent. After all Rushing had Ramon Dominguez and Edgar Prado before Ortiz
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2023, 12:32 PM   #11
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
PDF Chart for SAR 08-12-2023 R10 (no login required) at the Equibase site:
https://www.equibase.com/static/char...81223USA10.pdf

Quote:
Footnotes
CHILENO chased three to four wide coming under coaxing at the three-eighths, angled five wide into upper stretch, rallied to take command seventy yards from home, then inched away to the finish to prevail. ICE ROAD four then three wide early on in mid pack, bumped WHAT'S UP DOC twice pushing that foe to the rail in behind the leader and took over sole possession of the two path, advanced to prompt the front five furlongs from home, took over command at the five-sixteenths, continued just off the inside into upper stretch, dug in under a drive and was collared seventy yards from the finish, kept on to preserve the place honors. ORDER OF MAGNITUDE broke a half a beat slow and lost his lane to rivals, chased along the inside down the backstretch before tipping three wide through the far turn coming under coaxing at the three-eighths, went seven to eight wide into upper stretch, kicked on belatedly to secure the show honors. MISTICAL CURLIN hustled from the gate, chased four then three wide coming under coaxing at the five-sixteenths, swung three wide into upper stretch, weakened in the late stages. FORREST CITY forwardly placed three wide, got taken hold of and was eased off the pace of GUT FEELING six furlongs from home, chased three then two wide coming under coaxing at the three-eighths, cornered two to three wide into upper stretch and weakened in the late going. CICCIOBELLO five wide in pursuit throughout, got coaxed along three furlongs from home, continued five wide into upper stretch, came up empty. WHAT'S UP DOC coaxed from the gate, raced just off the inside early on, got bumped twice and was nudged to the rail in behind GUT FEELING by ICE ROAD who wanted the two path more, chased along the inside coming under coaxing with seven-sixteenths to go, swung four wide into upper stretch and weakened. MEMPHIS chased four to five paths off the inside until tucked inside into the far turn, came under coaxing at the seven-sixteenths, went sixwide into upper stretch, made no impact, and was eased home to the wire. GUT FEELING coaxed from the gate, showed the way in hand along the inside initially under some pressure from FORREST CITY before that rival backed off six furlongs from home, and then came under pressure from ICE ROAD with five furlongs remaining, got placed to coaxing near the five-sixteenths when headed for command, took the inside route into upper stretch, folded, and was eased home to the finish.
No doubt.

It looks like the stewards in New York have drawn two lines the riders can't cross:

One for Irad.

Another for everyone else.

Don't get me wrong. Irad is immensely talented.

But if the stewards allow this to continue unchecked:

Somebody is going to get hurt (or worse.)

Imo, the stewards should privately call him in for a meeting, watch video from a dozen or so races, and put him on notice "We're not going to allow this anymore."

Better to act now as opposed to waiting until he causes a horse and rider (or multiple horses and riders) to go down.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 08-14-2023 at 12:45 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2023, 12:54 PM   #12
the little guy

I think it's odd that the new thing to do is read the charts and not watch the races. Seems kind of dangerous if you actually bet, at least to me. We have established that the chart callers have started to show unfortunate bias ( this was evident in the non-DQ race earlier in the meet involving Jose Ortiz ) yet apparently, and strangely, their word is gospel according to people on the internet. While I respect one of the chart callers in NY, I think even he would say to watch a race and form your own conclusions.

Seems to me Torres moved to about the one and half path, and then Irad moved to the two and a half path, and then when Torres came out to try to go through an opening between two horses in front of them, Irad basically beat him to the spot. Of course there was some contact, but it was actually two people going for the same spot. Irad got it. Hardly a surprise, he's the more experienced rider.

Man, you have to love Irad. He is so buried into people's heads that they no longer even seem to have the ability to think for themselves. Or even the desire to.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2023, 01:33 PM   #13
bisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
I think it's odd that the new thing to do is read the charts and not watch the races. Seems kind of dangerous if you actually bet, at least to me. We have established that the chart callers have started to show unfortunate bias ( this was evident in the non-DQ race earlier in the meet involving Jose Ortiz ) yet apparently, and strangely, their word is gospel according to people on the internet. While I respect one of the chart callers in NY, I think even he would say to watch a race and form your own conclusions.

Seems to me Torres moved to about the one and half path, and then Irad moved to the two and a half path, and then when Torres came out to try to go through an opening between two horses in front of them, Irad basically beat him to the spot. Of course there was some contact, but it was actually two people going for the same spot. Irad got it. Hardly a surprise, he's the more experienced rider.

Man, you have to love Irad. He is so buried into people's heads that they no longer even seem to have the ability to think for themselves. Or even the desire to.
You’re one Joe Drape hit piece away from TVG. Not you personally but the gig that racing has at the moment

Last edited by bisket; 08-14-2023 at 01:35 PM.
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2023, 01:42 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You think Drape has that much power eh? How's it working out so far? He's written plenty of hit pieces, hasn't he?

I guess that's one of the benefits of nobody caring much about racing anymore...they don't even read the hit pieces....
Old 08-14-2023, 02:29 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So why does an incomptent chart caller still have a job?