Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-28-2019, 08:13 PM   #1
teddy

Ian Wilkes Maiden has to be betting

Look how many times hes won maidens with long shots. Hes betting these horses hard. Last race he has 2 in an the exacta. Someone bet the 1 3 combo so hard that it paid the same as the 1 with the 2 chalks. It was 23 to one and 6 to one. Easily $300. but it pays $179. Look at the exacta chart it was paying correct for every combo buy his 2 horses. He slammed home the longshot with Lepourux up. No way this happens unless hes fixing the race. Hes won on long shots on big carryover give away days way to frequent. No doubt he was trying to do this today but the pick six got hit. Stewards where are you??? Did the 3 his other horse even try to go around?
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2019, 08:16 PM   #2
iamt

If your basis of a trainer betting big is that they keep winning with longshots and that an exacta 23/1 over 6/1 paid $179, then they aren't doing it very well.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2019, 08:40 PM   #3
lamboguy

i would love to learn how you fix a 12 horse maiden race in the middle of Kentucky?
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #4
teddy

explain

Explain how that was so underbet but the other combo wasnt. Pretty obvious he bet the hell out of it. He wins all the time with longshot maidens that look hopeless. He killed it I bet he had a grand on the exacta. Its a massive pool. You had to know the horse was live. He hid it in the exacta pool.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2019, 10:40 PM   #5
iamt

Because it wasn't underbet or overbet.

23/1 over 6/1 should pay almost exactly what it did based on the win prices and allowing for it being two legs, I would say around 200/1 for the exacta would be right. The 300+ which is the basis for your argument is fanciful.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2019, 10:49 PM   #6
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy View Post
Explain how that was so underbet but the other combo wasnt. Pretty obvious he bet the hell out of it.
Talk about a medication overage
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2019, 11:03 PM   #7
ctownraces@bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamt View Post
Because it wasn't underbet or overbet.

23/1 over 6/1 should pay almost exactly what it did based on the win prices and allowing for it being two legs, I would say around 200/1 for the exacta would be right. The 300+ which is the basis for your argument is fanciful.
Exacta paid $179.00 for $2 and it is light. The 3 was the lowest payout under the #1. But the 1 was an overlay in my opinion in the win pool and was not bet in the DD.PICK 3 OR 4. Don't get me wrong don't think the fix was in lol.
ctownraces@bp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2019, 11:11 PM   #8
jay68802

May be time to put him on a watch list.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2019, 08:05 AM   #9
lamboguy

Quote:
Explain how that was so underbet but the other combo wasnt. Pretty obvious he bet the hell out of it. He wins all the time with longshot maidens that look hopeless. He killed it I bet he had a grand on the exacta. Its a massive pool. You had to know the horse was live. He hid it in the exacta pool.
the world of horserace betting is different today than it was 50 years ago. people actually have access to pools after the race starts.

if you don't believe me, go to the racetracks in Kentucky and you will find a place that specializes in the very latest wagers on the continent with real time video transmissions 40 seconds or more faster than what we have sitting behind our computers or at other race track and simulcast facilities that don't have real time.

that should answer your question about how you may see exacta prices that inverted from what we might think are normal.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2019, 08:09 AM   #10
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Teddy, if you had the info to know the above, then you should get down on your knees and thank the gambling gods. That information is not hidden that well and is gold in your pockets.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2019, 09:26 AM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
May be time to put him on a watch list.
Uh.....who?
Old 11-29-2019, 11:09 AM   #12
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i would love to learn how you fix a 12 horse maiden race in the middle of Kentucky?

My thoughts exactly. Comments like this only come from people that have never been involved in owning or training side of the business.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2019, 12:36 PM   #13
castaway01

For pure comedy gold, I love the "he always wins with longshots" and "he's betting these horses hard" in back-to-back sentences exacta box.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2019, 02:18 PM   #14
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
For pure comedy gold, I love the "he always wins with longshots" and "he's betting these horses hard" in back-to-back sentences exacta box.
This thread really is a true knee slapper.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2019, 05:36 PM   #15
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
the world of horserace betting is different today than it was 50 years ago. people actually have access to pools after the race starts.

if you don't believe me, go to the racetracks in Kentucky and you will find a place that specializes in the very latest wagers on the continent with real time video transmissions 40 seconds or more faster than what we have sitting behind our computers or at other race track and simulcast facilities that don't have real time.

that should answer your question about how you may see exacta prices that inverted from what we might think are normal.

You embarrass yourself with these ridiculous theories.

Show us ONE case where an exacta is bet down AFTER the race starts , and wasn't part of a batch bet done before the bell.

If you can't, then you're just blowing smoke

As for 40 seconds, the internet feeds are typically 10-15 seconds behind realtime these days. Which has nothing to do with past posting.

Last edited by AltonKelsey; 11-29-2019 at 05:38 PM.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply