Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-12-2016, 01:35 PM   #46
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hillary's rhetoric and lies are very scary.
Thank goodness we have Trump as an alternative to this heathen animal of a woman.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #47
classhandicapper

I'm concerned about:

1. The corruption of the government and mainstream media
2. The out of control monetary policy of central bankers around the globe
3. The trillions of dollars of promises that government has made that cannot be kept
4. The corrupt, inept, and idealistically delusional foreign policy of Obama/Clinton/Kerry
5. The fact that Clinton and the truth will never meet
6. The fact that one of biggest long term issues facing this country is fixing healthcare & the one time Hillary tried to fix it they laughed her and her monstrosity out of town
7. The wide open borders that are creating more security risks and putting strains on already bankrupt social services
8. The trade deals that took us from being the greatest creditor nation in history to the greatest debtor nation in history and gutted our middle class etc..

I have to weigh the current state of affairs and my knowledge of Clinton and the democrats vs. the fact that Trump is a total asshole.

That gives me 3 options.

1. Don't vote.

2. Throw away my vote and pull the lever for a 3rd party

3. Vote for a man I think is an asshole.

There's simply no way I can vote for someone that is wildly corrupt, totally incompetent, and most likely not well enough to handle the stresses of the job at 100%.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:20 PM   #48
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
1. Don't vote.
2. Throw away my vote and pull the lever for a 3rd party
3. Vote for a man I think is an asshole.
I know what you're thinking: "Who should I vote for?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a big term for packing the court, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Old 09-12-2016, 05:38 PM   #49
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
I did look at that, but still see as the biggest problem here a complete lack of understanding of the history of the events and thus a very foolish answer. To think that that mentality does not exist today and that such a person could never be elected simply ignores how it happened. It can certainly still happen and people clearly still think that way. I'm not going any further than to say some of the things that I have seen and heard this election cycle are nothing short of horrifying in that historical perspective.
How deep are you reading into my mind by what I mean and what I post. I have a complete understanding of the events. Find me where history credits anti-semitism for the success of Hitler's rise to power. You truly believe that the masses that cheered Hitler in 1932 were there because he hated Jews and planned mass extermination? Perhaps you should brush up on the subject. The second world war has always been a favorite research topic of mine. The Russian people also never imagined Stalin orchestrating the murder of over 10 million of their own people throughout his reign. Again, this being his own masterminded evil deed, nothing the Russian people saw coming.
Once again, Mike jumps right in behind you and agrees offering nothing to substantiate your argument with me. He's never liked me primarily because he knows I'm right more often than not, but doesn't like how I characterize my viewpoints. This is history plain and simple here with this. Do some research yourself before rushing to judgement over my post.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #50
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
He's never liked me primarily because he knows I'm right more often than not, but doesn't like how I characterize my viewpoints.
Now who's reading into who's mind?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2016, 06:38 PM   #51
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
How deep are you reading into my mind by what I mean and what I post. I have a complete understanding of the events. Find me where history credits anti-semitism for the success of Hitler's rise to power. You truly believe that the masses that cheered Hitler in 1932 were there because he hated Jews and planned mass extermination? Perhaps you should brush up on the subject. The second world war has always been a favorite research topic of mine. The Russian people also never imagined Stalin orchestrating the murder of over 10 million of their own people throughout his reign. Again, this being his own masterminded evil deed, nothing the Russian people saw coming.
Once again, Mike jumps right in behind you and agrees offering nothing to substantiate your argument with me. He's never liked me primarily because he knows I'm right more often than not, but doesn't like how I characterize my viewpoints. This is history plain and simple here with this. Do some research yourself before rushing to judgement over my post.
Well I can see why people don't like you by the way you characterize your viewpoints. Let us just review post # 32, shall we?

First you praise Hitler for getting Germany out of its recession. This is enough for me to think you are a creep, but wait, you are just getting started. You then claim that Hitler wasn't thought to be evil until he got "greedy" and started running "a muck" BTW I sincerely hope that was a result of a bad spell check and not what you meant to write. This point has already been shown to be incorrect.

Next we wander a bit in discussing a comparison or lack there of between Mrs Clinton and Hitler. It has very little point other than getting you to a point where you can criticize liberals. Then you tell us leaders like this can't happen again. Then you make two points of very odd and questionable logic. The fact that Mrs Clinton couldn't do what Hitler did seems like a positive to me BTW...then you conclude with another ridiculous statement in which you say Mrs Clinton must be bad because someone made a comparison, thus contradicting yourself by validating the comparison.

Let's just get one thing straight. You praised Hitler for doing positive things and then you try to tell me it can't happen again. This sort of moronic thinking is exactly what allows this to happen again. I have no idea what else you write that made Mike back me up so emphatically but given this, I have no reason to doubt him.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #52
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Well I can see why people don't like you by the way you characterize your viewpoints. Let us just review post # 32, shall we?

First you praise Hitler for getting Germany out of its recession. This is enough for me to think you are a creep, but wait, you are just getting started. You then claim that Hitler wasn't thought to be evil until he got "greedy" and started running "a muck" BTW I sincerely hope that was a result of a bad spell check and not what you meant to write. This point has already been shown to be incorrect.

Next we wander a bit in discussing a comparison or lack there of between Mrs Clinton and Hitler. It has very little point other than getting you to a point where you can criticize liberals. Then you tell us leaders like this can't happen again. Then you make two points of very odd and questionable logic. The fact that Mrs Clinton couldn't do what Hitler did seems like a positive to me BTW...then you conclude with another ridiculous statement in which you say Mrs Clinton must be bad because someone made a comparison, thus contradicting yourself by validating the comparison.

Let's just get one thing straight. You praised Hitler for doing positive things and then you try to tell me it can't happen again. This sort of moronic thinking is exactly what allows this to happen again. I have no idea what else you write that made Mike back me up so emphatically but given this, I have no reason to doubt him.

I think you are being way too hard on Marshall. I went back and read Post #32 and I don't think saying Hitler pulled Germany out of a recession makes anybody a creep. The rest was Marshall saying he has no confidence in Hillary as a leader - not an unique view around here.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #53
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
I think you are being way too hard on Marshall. I went back and read Post #32 and I don't think saying Hitler pulled Germany out of a recession makes anybody a creep. The rest was Marshall saying he has no confidence in Hillary as a leader - not an unique view around here.
Honestly I'm not sure you can be too hard on someone that says things like that while clearly skipping over the how of how it was done. At best his words are very poorly chosen. I would prefer that be the case rather than the alternative.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:46 PM   #54
JustRalph
Just another Facist

PAGING MARGE SCHOTT! MARGE, WHITE COURTESY PHONE PLEASE!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2016, 03:15 AM   #55
TBD

Classhandicapper, I was not going to vote for any Presidential candidate this election. However, after the last garbage that came out of her pie hole I have decided the best vote is one against her. A vote for Trump is the best possible damage I can do. I am not voting for Trump, I am voting against Hillary.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #56
Marshall Bennett

Quote:

You're putting so many words in my mouth it's ridiculous. I never praised Hitler, just stated facts. You're an idiot to assume I'd ever praise a man that was so disgustingly evil. Where did I say "leaders like this can't happen again"? I didn't. I never validated any comparison, I simply replied to a post where someone else did, and in fact explained to the contrary. Hitler did in fact bring Germany out of a depression. The fact that this was good for the people however makes me a creep you say. You're argument seems to be my own moral character and not the topic at hand. You even point out a spelling error as if that has anything to do with it.
You'd rather make personal attacks than substantiate any of your historical content which is full of misquotes and errors.

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 09-13-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:27 AM   #57
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
At best his words are very poorly chosen.
You pointed out a word I misspelled earlier. I'll be so bold as to point out this sentence you made makes no sense.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #58
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
You're putting so many words in my mouth it's ridiculous. I never praised Hitler, just stated facts. You're an idiot to assume I'd ever praise a man that was so disgustingly evil. Where did I say "leaders like this can't happen again"? I didn't. I never validated any comparison, I simply replied to a post where someone else did, and in fact explained to the contrary. Hitler did in fact bring Germany out of a depression. The fact that this was good for the people however makes me a creep you say. You're argument seems to be my own moral character and not the topic at hand. You even point out a spelling error as if that has anything to do with it.
You'd rather make personal attacks than substantiate any of your historical content which is full of misquotes and errors.
No I'm not and let's prove it shall we? The question was, do you think she is worse that Hitler to which you started your response with

"Hitler actually brought Germany out of depths of poverty in 1932 to the most powerful country in the world, also economically sound in a matter of a few years. Wasn't until got greedy with war and eventually running a muck that he became the symbol of evilness."

Sounds like a comparison and praise to me.

You said this

"The fact that a comparison even exist between the two suggest Hillary is unfit and highly unliked."

which is a validation of the comparison

You said this

"The mentality of leaders such as Hitler and Stalin 70-80 years ago are now pretty much extinct, unless you include ISIS and such who are no way as powerful."

and this

"Hitler would have failed as a politician entirely today."

Which seems to be saying leaders like this can't happen again. And just now you say

"Hitler did in fact bring Germany out of a depression. The fact that this was good for the people however makes me a creep you say. "

Good for the people? Which ones would you say? I really think you'd better stop now as i don't have to put a single word in your mouth. You've done it all yourself.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:32 AM   #59
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
You pointed out a word I misspelled earlier. I'll be so bold as to point out this sentence you made makes no sense.
Um, ok. It was actually there to give you the benefit of the doubt but you are right, doing so makes no sense.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:39 PM   #60
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
No I'm not and let's prove it shall we? The question was, do you think she is worse that Hitler to which you started your response with

"Hitler actually brought Germany out of depths of poverty in 1932 to the most powerful country in the world, also economically sound in a matter of a few years. Wasn't until got greedy with war and eventually running a muck that he became the symbol of evilness."

Sounds like a comparison and praise to me.

You said this

"The fact that a comparison even exist between the two suggest Hillary is unfit and highly unliked."

which is a validation of the comparison

You said this

"The mentality of leaders such as Hitler and Stalin 70-80 years ago are now pretty much extinct, unless you include ISIS and such who are no way as powerful."

and this

"Hitler would have failed as a politician entirely today."

Which seems to be saying leaders like this can't happen again. And just now you say

"Hitler did in fact bring Germany out of a depression. The fact that this was good for the people however makes me a creep you say. "

Good for the people? Which ones would you say? I really think you'd better stop now as i don't have to put a single word in your mouth. You've done it all yourself.
This is going nowhere so this will be my last post on the subject. My saying Hitler would have failed as a politician today doesn't suggest it can't happen again with another set of events in a different political uprising somewhere. I specifically said "Hitler" himself would fail. You really don't read and comprehend so well. You don't believe Germany recovering from depression is good for it's citizens? Well that's pretty stupid isn't it? Never did I say Hitler's reign was a success story, only that the country prospered in his early leadership.
Everything you've quoted me saying that you quoted correctly I stand by 100%. What you've really done is redirected the position I stand with on the topic to justify your stubbornness and need to insult me.
Yeah, I'll stop now and yes, you put words in my mouth. You've demonstrated you have nothing (zero) to counter with and prove me wrong.
So why don't you stop now as well. You're completely off the tracks and looking quite stupid with your wayward attempts to discredit me. I'm sure however you have more to add and continue sliding deeper.