Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
over the years I gave away at least half a dozen horses for barrel racers or jumpers. they were all perfectly sound. just didn't have the ability to compete at the races. all were given perfectly loving homes. the owners, although reluctant at first, were able to go see them anytime they wanted. and they were all happy in the end.
Good stuff man.People that are able do.Good to see it.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
jotb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance of Rain
Specialness is entered in the 1st at Mountaineer on Sunday (AE).

He's 12 years old and has never won a race. This will be his 73rd start (0-5-7 from 72).

The last time he hit the board was 25 starts ago (over 2 years ago).

Should there be some kind of restriction whereby once a race horse passes a certain age and is winless they are no longer eligable to race?

Would something like this be the right thing to do or is it unfair to the owners?

Thoughts?

CT has the 6yo maiden rule..Ten starts or more not eligible to run.
jotb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #18
Vengeance of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
CT has the 6yo maiden rule..Ten starts or more not eligible to run.
Thanks for that. I had no idea.
Vengeance of Rain is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #19
chadk66

generally speaking yes. But a couple of my better horses you could have put in english classes on the show circuit. they were as dossel as it gets. I had a horse once named Night Rover. Most beautiful gray horse you've ever seen. He was by gray dawn II out of a awesomely bred mare. name escapes me right now. bought at keeneland as an unraced three year old. His first trainer barely won at 4.5 furlongs with him as a three year old. he was fat and out of shape. bred for a route of ground. I got him and I had to train him hard. I galloped him everyday myself. we just had a connection like a guy has with his dog. I won alot of races with that horse. Even allowance level. Before I got him he was getting beat double digits for 5k at thistledown. I took him there a year later and won three in a row with him from 12K to allowance company. I lost him several years later for 10K at chicago and he never ran well after that. But that horse an eight year old could have ridden him through a tornado. Had a few others similar in disposition.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #20
picojim

horse is scratched
picojim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply