Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #4171
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Acts 26:12-18 New International Version (NIV)

12*“On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13*About noon, King Agrippa, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14*We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic,[a] ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’
15*“Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’
“ ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16*‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17*I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18*to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
I wish lie-detector tests were around during the time of Saul.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:57 PM   #4172
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
That would still put me ahead of you, since you have never gotten anything right in this thread or in the old Religious one. Just sayin'....
I would worry if you AGREED with my religious opinions.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:01 PM   #4173
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I wish lie-detector tests were around during the time of Saul.
Nice pivot....You've got to try harder though, as that's not enough...
Old 10-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #4174
boxcar

Quote:
Acts 26:12-18 New International Version (NIV)

12*“On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13*About noon, King Agrippa, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14*We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic,[a] ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’
15*“Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’
“ ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16*‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17*I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18*to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
I saw that, too, Replay. However, as the text above says (as well as Acts 9) Paul saw a great light from heaven. This leads me to believe that on the Road, he didn't actually see Jesus in his form -- but as light much like Moses saw God as fire in the burning bush. However, in 1COR 15, as well as 2Cor 12:1-3, Paul saw Christ.

Last edited by boxcar; 10-18-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #4175
thaskalos

Quote:
Nice pivot....You've got to try harder though, as that's not enough...
Saul claims that he "saw Christ"...and Boxcar claims that the "Holy Spirit" has entered him, and is his guiding force. Wild exaggerations are commonplace whenever religion is discussed...and such comments are to be taken with several grains of salt...IMO.

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-18-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #4176
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Saul claims that he "saw Christ"...and Boxcar clams that the "Holy Spirit" has entered him, and is his guiding force. Wild exaggerations are commonplace whenever religion is discussed...and such comments are to be taken with several grains of salt...IMO.
As I've said before, your opinion is not enough......try harder.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:45 PM   #4177
boxcar

Quote:
Saul claims that he "saw Christ"...and Boxcar claims that the "Holy Spirit" has entered him, and is his guiding force. Wild exaggerations are commonplace whenever religion is discussed...and such comments are to be taken with several grains of salt...IMO.
The promise of the Holy Spirit, who unites believers to Christ, is found in the OT.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:46 PM   #4178
thaskalos

Quote:
As I've said before, your opinion is not enough......try harder.
I'll take my opinion over yours and Boxcar's...ANYTIME.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #4179
boxcar

Quote:
It's not my opinion. It's what scripture teaches. You skeptics shoot all the blanks around here.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #4180
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
You'll have to take YOUR opinion.....no one else will..
Old 10-18-2017, 07:51 PM   #4181
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The promise of the Holy Spirit, who unites believers to Christ, is found in the OT.
The Holy Spirit may be found in the OT...but my money says that it can't be found in you. You are the exact kind of "showoff" that Jesus railed against time and again. In fact...when Jesus spoke of those who would follow him, and presume to talk of Jesus but whom Jesus "never knew"...you'd think that he was speaking about YOU.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 PM   #4182
thaskalos

Quote:
You'll have to take YOUR opinion.....no one else will..
Wanna bet?
Old 10-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #4183
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
The Holy Spirit may be found in the OT...but my money says that it can't be found in you. You are the exact kind of "showoff" that Jesus railed against time and again. In fact...when Jesus spoke of those who would follow him, and presume to talk of Jesus but whom Jesus "never knew"...you'd think that he was speaking about YOU.
CINO
Old 10-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #4184
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Wanna bet?
You owe your bookie too much as it is....I'll never get paid.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #4185
thaskalos

Quote:
You owe your bookie too much as it is....I'll never get paid.
Hey...the fact that you are a Christian doesn't stop me from trusting YOU!
Closed Thread