Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
turfeyejoe

Newest super trainer Juan Carlos Guerrero

I never heard of this guy, who is winning at 40 percent clip for the season with more than 200 starters and 54 percent off the claim. Latest example, he claimed Royal Clash for $16K ... a horse who hadn't won since July 2009 ... and first start he wins $75K stakes at Penn National.
Anybody know anything about this trainer?
turfeyejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
Beachbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfeyejoe
I never heard of this guy, who is winning at 40 percent clip for the season with more than 200 starters and 54 percent off the claim. Latest example, he claimed Royal Clash for $16K ... a horse who hadn't won since July 2009 ... and first start he wins $75K stakes at Penn National.
Anybody know anything about this trainer?
I think you said everything you need to know about this guy.

He may have gotten his Chemistry degree at M.I.T.
Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

After reading about Gill and other dastardly fellows at Penn, who actually bets this place? An 'insiders' track played only by those in the know? It has to be the shadiest track in America, at least according to what I've read at this site.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
RXB

Guerrero is based at Philly and he's one of the reasons that I don't pay as much attention to that track, which was one of my favourites for many years.

Basically, don't bet against him first off the claim. Period.

BTW, that was a weak state-bred stakes race at Penn last night so the horse was a contender just off its previous form. With Carlos Guerrero now working his miracles, of course, it was odds-on and strolled to victory.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Market Mover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Guerrero is based at Philly and he's one of the reasons that I don't pay as much attention to that track, which was one of my favourites for many years.

Basically, don't bet against him first off the claim. Period.

BTW, that was a weak state-bred stakes race at Penn last night so the horse was a contender just off its previous form. With Carlos Guerrero now working his miracles, of course, it was odds-on and strolled to victory.

Only track I know if in recent memory that had that infamous TRIPLE DQ....It seems like the stewards love to play their role when there is incidental bumping...."ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please...."
Market Mover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #6
Edward DeVere

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
After reading about Gill and other dastardly fellows at Penn, who actually bets this place? An 'insiders' track played only by those in the know? It has to be the shadiest track in America, at least according to what I've read at this site.
So Guerrero at Penn is worse than Rodriquez in New York . . . how?
Edward DeVere is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2010, 01:57 AM   #7
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward DeVere
So Guerrero at Penn is worse than Rodriquez in New York . . . how?
Good point.
My comment was in regard to Gill and his group of trainers and now this guy also pops up at the same track. Hell, the jocks refused to ride Gill's horses so there's gotta be some substance to their claim imo. That combined with this Guerrero guy make me stay away from Penn.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:06 AM   #8
proximity

he is parx based and i believe is using some kind of electric blanket contraption on the horses???

in general the big move ups seem to be dying off at pen though since the state police came on the scene.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #9
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Good point.
My comment was in regard to Gill and his group of trainers and now this guy also pops up at the same track. Hell, the jocks refused to ride Gill's horses so there's gotta be some substance to their claim imo. That combined with this Guerrero guy make me stay away from Penn.
I think the point was that Guerrero is not a Penn National trainer; he's only had two starts there all year. So, using him as a reason not to be bet Penn National doesn't make any sense.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

I never bet unless i have a big value edge.

After the short learning curve by the public with these cheaters, these bums become solid favorites - which means I will not be contributing to the pools of those races.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
I think the point was that Guerrero is not a Penn National trainer; he's only had two starts there all year. So, using him as a reason not to be bet Penn National doesn't make any sense.
Then tell me why I should bet Penn.