Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-29-2020, 01:47 PM   #16
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yeah but wtf does race have to do with developing NFL QB talent at Ohio St?
Thank you Mike for seeing that. Clearly he couldn’t figure it out
Old 12-29-2020, 03:21 PM   #17
zico20

Quote:
Because the system they play doesn't translate to success in the NFL. Race has nothing to do with it but it is black QBs that are running the offense that was designed for them. A white QB doing the same thing will be just as disastrous if they could find one, except potential top white QBs out of high school don't go to Ohio St. Take Tim Tebow for example, I knew he would flop in the NFL. I know he went to Florida, but that style he was playing was never going to work either.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:26 PM   #18
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Thank you Mike for seeing that. Clearly he couldn’t figure it out
I figured out that Ohio St. can't develop QBs for the NFL, something you clearly still have trouble grasping. You would think with all the examples I gave it would hit you, but obviously you are a slow learner.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:40 PM   #19
Robert Fischer
clean money

As a franchise, Washington is a bit chaotic.

There is a conflict between ownership parties, with increasing pressures on the majority owner.

The team name-change has been fairly neutral. Some inherent issues with the brand, but AFAIK they haven't exactly capitalized on the change to a generic format.

The Haskins' bust situation was also messy. There was never coordination between scouting his abilities/competencies and a routine/program/offense where he would succeed ("Square peg in a round hole").

Everything else thread related? "No comment."
Old 12-29-2020, 03:41 PM   #20
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Starting in post #2 where the racist BS got introduced.
He claims it is one of the dumbest threads of the year but yet he keeps posting, so obviously he is entertained by the comments I posted or he found a thread that fits his discussion level.

He never could figure out that the whole point of the original post and everything since has been about picking Wilson over Fields. The thing is Tom is that everyone else who is reading this thread knew what the original post was about, except him. He still can't comprehend why I posted it to begin with. There are a lot of sharp and intelligent people on this board, he unfortunately isn't one of them.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #21
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
As a franchise, Washington is a bit chaotic.

There is a conflict between ownership parties, with increasing pressures on the majority owner.

The team name-change has been fairly neutral. Some inherent issues with the brand, but AFAIK they haven't exactly capitalized on the change to a generic format.

The Haskins' bust situation was also messy. There was never coordination between scouting his abilities/competencies and a routine/program/offense where he would succeed ("Square peg in a round hole").

Everything else thread related? "No comment."
They should have asked Haskins in the interview to count to 10, that would have given everyone all they needed to know about whether he could figure out a pro defense and how to adjust.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:47 PM   #22
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Because the system they play doesn't translate to success in the NFL. Race has nothing to do with it but it is black QBs that are running the offense that was designed for them. A white QB doing the same thing will be just as disastrous if they could find one, except potential top white QBs out of high school don't go to Ohio St. Take Tim Tebow for example, I knew he would flop in the NFL. I know he went to Florida, but that style he was playing was never going to work either.
If race has nothing to do with it (as you say) then why are you constantly pointing out the race of the Ohio St QBs?

Wouldn’t it be ridiculous if I tried to make the point that Oklahoma coach Stoops was clearly recruiting only white QBs that fit his system in the early 2000’s and how they were all failing in the NFL? Guys like Sam Bradford, Landry Jones, Josh Heupel, and Jason White.
White and Bradford won the Heisman, so clearly they were thought of as good NFL prospects.
Your conclusion would be that NFL teams should stay away from those white Oklahoma QBs.

Maybe you see the point now but I seriously doubt it.
I’m done debating idiots
Old 12-29-2020, 06:26 PM   #23
Zydeco

Name one Ohio State quarterback who has suceeded in the NFL. Mike Tomzak excepted. lol
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 09:18 PM   #24
zico20

Quote:
If race has nothing to do with it (as you say) then why are you constantly pointing out the race of the Ohio St QBs?

Wouldn’t it be ridiculous if I tried to make the point that Oklahoma coach Stoops was clearly recruiting only white QBs that fit his system in the early 2000’s and how they were all failing in the NFL? Guys like Sam Bradford, Landry Jones, Josh Heupel, and Jason White.
White and Bradford won the Heisman, so clearly they were thought of as good NFL prospects.
Your conclusion would be that NFL teams should stay away from those white Oklahoma QBs.

Maybe you see the point now but I seriously doubt it.
I’m done debating idiots
Because they are all black, duh! If Oklahoma's system produced great college players and horrible NFL QBs then yes, they should be avoided, duh!

I will end this by saying congratulations on being the only poster on this site that, after numerous posts still couldn't figure out this was about Fields ability in contrast to Wilson's and how Ohio St. can't produce a NFL quarterback to save their life. Every other person got my points instantly! So who is the idiot? I rest my case!
Old 12-29-2020, 09:44 PM   #25
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Ohio State QB’s are terribly disappointing in the NFL
‘But they make up for it in other areas,

Next let’s do linebackers and wide receivers??

Old 12-29-2020, 10:36 PM   #26
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Because they are all black, duh! If Oklahoma's system produced great college players and horrible NFL QBs then yes, they should be avoided, duh!

I will end this by saying congratulations on being the only poster on this site that, after numerous posts still couldn't figure out this was about Fields ability in contrast to Wilson's and how Ohio St. can't produce a NFL quarterback to save their life. Every other person got my points instantly! So who is the idiot? I rest my case!
I know what your post was about, you stinking genius. I always did.
Apparently you’re too dense to figure that my problem was HOW you went about making your point.
Good Lord man.

What’s also lost on you is that you keep saying it’s not about race while simultaneously mentioning the race of their recruits (numerous times) and claiming they ONLY recruit players of a certain race.
I’ll quit trying to explain the obvious to you...you’re clearly too smart to understand it

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 12-29-2020 at 10:38 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 11:00 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's like every day is nonstop troll day...

Maybe lamboguy can post an update on COVID stats....that would complete the evening...
Old 12-30-2020, 01:04 AM   #28
ElKabong

Quote:
It doesn't, except the osu system for years has used fullbacks at the qb position. Tom Herman at TEXAS runs the same system. It's effective at the NCAA level, but it isn't an effective way to groom an nfl qb

I get what the OP was bringing up, but Sam Ehlinger will suffer the same fate when he tries out for an nfl spot. Tough kid, decent passer, can run effectively.... but the skills taught by his coaching staff doesn't translate into a good nfl career

If a HS QB with a future signs on with OSU or TEXAS (Herman won't be there very long) it's on them. They know what they're getting in to. They'll win a lot of games but won't be prepared for the next level
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 08:38 AM   #29
Dahoss2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
It doesn't, except the osu system for years has used fullbacks at the qb position. Tom Herman at TEXAS runs the same system. It's effective at the NCAA level, but it isn't an effective way to groom an nfl qb

I get what the OP was bringing up, but Sam Ehlinger will suffer the same fate when he tries out for an nfl spot. Tough kid, decent passer, can run effectively.... but the skills taught by his coaching staff doesn't translate into a good nfl career

If a HS QB with a future signs on with OSU or TEXAS (Herman won't be there very long) it's on them. They know what they're getting in to. They'll win a lot of games but won't be prepared for the next level
AGREED!!! I love Haskins because of Ohio St.'s wants, Joe Burrow made his way to LSU. The rest is history! GEAUX TIGERS!!
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #30
zico20

Quote:
I know what your post was about, you stinking genius. I always did.
Apparently you’re too dense to figure that my problem was HOW you went about making your point.
Good Lord man.

What’s also lost on you is that you keep saying it’s not about race while simultaneously mentioning the race of their recruits (numerous times) and claiming they ONLY recruit players of a certain race.
I’ll quit trying to explain the obvious to you...you’re clearly too smart to understand it
WRONG! Your problem was you got upset and depressed when you found out that black QBs at Ohio St. are unsuited for the next level. You never knew any of this until I started the thread.

So am I an idiot or a genius? I would prefer you think I am an idiot; it's not good for the ego when the entire planet thinks your brilliant! I need one detractor!

You are lying when you said you knew what my post was about, you never had a clue. If you did you would have acknowledged it and then stated your rebuttal. That is how debates are carried out, or did you not learn how to debate. You did not once bring up Wilson or Fields, now did you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: