Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: Do you intend to get the COVID-19 vaccine when available?
NO - I’m Phase 1 7 11.48%
NO - I’m Phase 2 10 16.39%
NO - I’m Phase 3 11 18.03%
YES - I’m Phase 1 6 9.84%
YES - I’m Phase 2 20 32.79%
YES - I’m Phase 3 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. This poll is closed

Old 12-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #76
snappit

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
He made contracts to buy millions of doses
And you think because of that Trump is a 'Hero' and without him a vaccine would of been years away?

You seem to ignore the facts that the EU alone ordered 3 times as much (and then there is the UK, Canada and Japan) and the vaccine was developed by a German company with German and EU money. But hey, Trump is a 'Hero' and without him a vaccine would of been years away.

You ignore the fact that a separate vaccine has been developed in the UK. But hey, Trump is a 'Hero' and without him a vaccine would of been years away.

Last edited by snappit; 12-10-2020 at 04:42 PM.
snappit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2020, 04:50 PM   #77
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappit View Post
And you think because of that Trump is a 'Hero' and without him a vaccine would of been years away?

You seem to ignore the facts that the EU alone ordered 3 times as much (and then there is the UK, Canada and Japan) and the vaccine was developed by a German company with German and EU money. But hey, Trump is a 'Hero' and without him a vaccine would of been years away.

You ignore the fact that a separate vaccine has been developed in the UK. But hey, Trump is a 'Hero' and without him a vaccine would of been years away.
I never said he is a hero. and even hcap can pull as chart or graph from somewhere showing how UK and the EU did so much better than NYC death trap which was all Trump's fault.

Say in the UK do nurses and doctors get their education paid so they do not leave school a half million in debt?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2020, 05:40 PM   #78
snappit

Quote:
I never said he is a hero. and even hcap can pull as chart or graph from somewhere showing how UK and the EU did so much better than NYC death trap which was all Trump's fault.

Say in the UK do nurses and doctors get their education paid so they do not leave school a half million in debt?
Well your original reply was to a post asking why Trump was a hero.

Don't worry the UK has been a disaster during this pandemic with a worse death rate than the US. Mainly due to the most incompetent Prime Minister and government in living memory, a Conservative government which came to power a year ago with a massive 11 point lead over Labour. In just one year (and a new leader of the Labour party) that has now swung to a Labour lead in the polls. I've never seen such a massive swing in so short a time. This isn't just down to Covid but also to their total bungling of the ongoing saga of Brexit and their inability to sort a deal with just 20 days left to the deadline at the end of this year. There's even now a majority in favour of staying in the EU.

Regarding medical training student costs are up to £9,000 per year (which they can get government loans for) but the rest is paid for by the government. Of the top of my head it takes about 5 years to train a doctor and the cost is about £250,000 so the government picks up the majority of the tab.

Last edited by snappit; 12-10-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:53 PM   #79
snappit

Just to clarify that last post. They are the student fees for England and Wales, in Scotland there are no fees for Scottish students. I'm not sure for Northern Ireland but think they are a lot cheaper than England and Wales. The Labour party have stated they will abolish University tuition fees.

Last edited by snappit; 12-10-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:59 PM   #80
hcap

Quote:

Sure I can post the data indicating the U.S under your inept clod had a death rate per 100,000 among the bottom worst 10% of all western countries, and the highest rate of infections of all countries.

NYC got hit first due to Trump not restricting European travelers. But at the moment there are plenty of other locals nationwide that are surpassing my home town of NYC. The latest surge in Europe is beginning to decline. Not the horrendous surge here under the incompetent lying Trump era.

Hey dave, I usually criticize your one or two sentences of irrelevant nonsense, information-free comments. I take it back, your one or two paragraph responses are much, much worse
Old 12-10-2020, 11:37 PM   #81
davew

hcap, I try to keep it simple so you might understand.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:41 AM   #82
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Sure I can post the data indicating the U.S under your inept clod had a death rate per 100,000 among the bottom worst 10% of all western countries, and the highest rate of infections of all countries.

NYC got hit first due to Trump not restricting European travelers. But at the moment there are plenty of other locals nationwide that are surpassing my home town of NYC. The latest surge in Europe is beginning to decline. Not the horrendous surge here under the incompetent lying Trump era.

Hey dave, I usually criticize your one or two sentences of irrelevant nonsense, information-free comments. I take it back, your one or two paragraph responses are much, much worse
There was nothing much Trump could do when the virus was here months before anyone cares to admit.

Combine that with 20M people crammed into a small geographic area...and you get what you get...
Old 12-11-2020, 02:46 AM   #83
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There was nothing much Trump could do when the virus was here months before anyone cares to admit.

Combine that with 20M people crammed into a small geographic area...and you get what you get...
You have perfected the art of garbage in, garbage out. Crappy garbage.

Stop watching Tucker.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:58 PM   #84
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappit View Post

I was wrong, there are scores of vaccines in progress. Russia and China are already vaccinating some of their residents. Here is a link to USA recognized vaccines in progress and how far along they are.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e-tracker.html
Old 12-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #85
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

One thing is certain......neither JOE and the HO had ANYTHING to do with any vaccines.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:27 PM   #86
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
hcap, I try to keep it simple so you might understand.
If you can get a rock to understand, you are halfway there.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:42 PM   #87
Burls
Veteran

Does this mean that you folks will be getting your COVID vaccine from your neighbors to the north?

Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2020, 10:14 PM   #88
OntheRail

No one seems to be mentioning this.

It not going to work... people will not forgo alcohol for 50+ days for it to be effective.

Quote:
“It’s a strain on the body. If we want to stay healthy and have a strong immune response, don’t drink alcohol,”
So now what...

https://nypost.com/2020/12/09/no-dri...e-russia-says/
Old 12-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #89
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Does this mean that you folks will be getting your COVID vaccine from your neighbors to the north?

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...02004747378689
Don't get ahead of yourself......BEER, BACON, and BLIZZARDS.....that's plenty.
Old 12-13-2020, 02:15 PM   #90
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

10 days into quarantine and zero symptoms.

40 cases here, most asymtematic. A few sent to hospital, but not a huge deal here.

I got a letter from the County Board of Health saying they need me to contact them at once since I tested positive. It was sent from the building I am in for the last 2 weeks!

I think I will make up a rather long list of places I have "been to" to give the faux scientists something to do to feel important.