Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:33 AM   #16
sour grapes
Veteran

ditto

this guy fager fan is throwing a temper tantrum like my 5 year old kid,because
he thinks the drf is hiding a suicidal maintenance worker conspiracy theory.I guess someone had to pick up the slack after emd left.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #17
jimmyb

I've had a post removed and after furthur review, rightfully so. Still, However, I am feeling left out. No demerits or pet names have brought me close to tears.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #18
castaway01

CJ, sorry you're only considered a "wannabe insider" these days. I think you have to throw constant tantrums, blow a bunch of calls at Oaklawn, and lie about gambling on the races there to be considered a "real" insider. There's still time---maybe next year.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:59 AM   #19
newtothegame

Damn, demerits??? Where do I go to see if I have any???
I'm feeling a little left out if I have none....
But seriously, I have only had a few interactions with CJ and , none in a while.
Always seemed like a smart, stand up guy.
Maybe my interactions are few and far between as I almost exclusively stay in off topic.....
MIKE....get me a demerit so I can be part of the club!!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #20
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
Maybe I shouldn't step in here but last line=apropos. You are being a dick. CJ has always done his own thing and never tried to even give a shit about being on the inside. All the while making great product. Plus on a personal not he lost his dad this year and you offer this BS? F**k You man.
You don't know the half of it about the Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss Man.

CJ is a stand up guy who's word is good for me. Along with O_Crunk and a couple others they provide much needed facts and analysis on Twitter. Speaking of that I'll toss out an idea. How about allowing posts to be tweeted? Might bring more people to the site cuz they're able to explain their positions a little better here.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 05-18-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
I don't see why I was banned from the religious thread for my last post in it...I didn't even have any demerits and said nothing worthy of one...PA apparently has a personal thing for me....just because I choose an imaginative style of communication doesn't make me vile but I guess it takes 100 "good boy's" to make up for a few "my bad's" that occurred long ago..

...Once a person gets an idea in their head that such and such person is "this kind of person" look out...they will never change their mind about you...don't you think "vile" is a tad rich...?
Your last reply in the religion thread was racist, and you have continually displayed a high level of antisemitism in many of your posts there. But hey, why tell the whole story?

You should count your lucky stars you're even allowed to post on the horse racing side, after that ridiculous display of posting about one million oversized jockey pix in the "Name That Jockey" thread.

In short, your days are definitely numbered here if you don't change your ways immediately.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:39 AM   #22
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
You don't know the half of it about the Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss Man.

CJ is a stand up guy who's word is good for me. Along with O_Crunk and a couple others they provide much needed facts and analysis on Twitter. Speaking of that I'll toss out an idea. How about allowing posts to be tweeted? Might bring more people to the site cuz they're able to explain their positions a little better here.
O-Crunk deserves an Eclipse Award for writing!!

No, please, let's don't allow Pace Advantage posts to be tweeted. God, no. Please. PA has a much higher standard. Let those that live on Twitter remain on Twitter, or if they do show up here--and many have--let them learn to type a readable paragraph. It's no loss to Pace Advantage that posts are not tweeted there. None at all. .... This is stated with one exception. Serling. The only person I've ever witnessed who understands the perils, while at the same time, the advantages of Twitter.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:41 AM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm glad this thread exists. It's become a knee-slapper in record time.

How about all you malcontents concentrate more on picking winners than picking on the moderators and posting shit you shouldn't be posting?

Maybe then the admins will be kinder and gentler if they don't have to deal with so much BS.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #24
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post

No, please, let's don't allow Pace Advantage posts to be tweeted. God, no. Please. PA has a much higher standard. Let those that live on Twitter remain on Twitter, or if they do show up here--and many have--let them learn to type a readable paragraph. It's no loss to Pace Advantage that posts are not tweeted there. None at all. .... This is stated with one exception. Serling. The only person I've ever witnessed who understands the perils, while at the same time, the advantages of Twitter.
I respect your opinion and I can see where you're coming from. Over the last couple of years I've tweeted out interesting post and subjects from this board. IMO it brings traffic here and it could bring more fresh faces to the board with different points of view.

This one this morning. CJ is very well respected on Twitter as he should be.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:58 AM   #25
onefast99

I'm not saying anything until Tom has officially added his comments...insert here...
Old 05-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #26
HalvOnHorseracing

PA is fun when truly knowledgeable people go back and forth about interesting topics. From my perspective, the more of that, the better the site.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #27
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'm glad this thread exists. It's become a knee-slapper in record time.

How about all you malcontents concentrate more on picking winners than picking on the moderators and posting shit you shouldn't be posting?

Maybe then the admins will be kinder and gentler if they don't have to deal with so much BS.
That's BS and you know it. Tell me what I said in that post or entire thread to warrant a post being removed and then locked with the "you're done here" message? The only thing I did was disagree with you and CJ on a racing subject The ones calling names of other posters there were you and CJ. Its hypocritical to do yourselves what you don't allow posters to do.

Then there's the matter of Vic. We all watched as a thread played out that ripped him into shreds every which away. You explained you allowed all the rips because Vic is a public figure. But on the heels of that, someone posted about Sirling and both you and CJ jumped on the poster, reprimanded that being negative causes a person like Andy to not post here, and locked the thread. He's not a public figure as well? Let's face it. You pick and choose based on whether you personally like the public figure being discussed. That's hypocritical. Everyone knows both can be caustic so don't even try saying one deserves it and the other doesn't. You two have an ongoing war with Vic so you like seeing him ripped by others.

So don't pretend you two don't add to the BS factor.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #28
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post

You read this thread (which I admittedly contributed to) and your conclusion was that there's a HIGHER standard here?

Saying that posts should not be retweeted on Twitter is like someone in 1955 saying to avoid television advertising because too many people might find out about us.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:03 AM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
That's BS and you know it. Tell me what I said in that post or entire thread to warrant a post being removed and then locked with the "you're done here" message? The only thing I did was disagree with you and CJ on a racing subject The ones calling names of other posters there were you and CJ. Its hypocritical to do yourselves what you don't allow posters to do.

Then there's the matter of Vic. We all watched as a thread played out that ripped him into shreds every which away. You explained you allowed all the rips because Vic is a public figure. But on the heels of that, someone posted about Sirling and both you and CJ jumped on the poster, reprimanded that being negative causes a person like Andy to not post here, and locked the thread. He's not a public figure as well? Let's face it. You pick and choose based on whether you personally like the public figure being discussed. That's hypocritical. Everyone knows both can be caustic so don't even try saying one deserves it and the other doesn't. You two have an ongoing war with Vic so you like seeing him ripped by others.

So don't pretend you two don't add to the BS factor.
Now you're being disingenuous. I have allowed PLENTY of critical Andy Serling posts here. Stop lying.

Just as I allowed people to be critical of Vic's Oaklawn calls.

What I don't allow is BS.

Do you see five different threads critical of Vic's Oaklawn calls? No. But you DO see five different threads trying to be started about Serling every so often...so I kill them...as if anyone actually cares except those doing the hating.

Hating is allowed on here, but it's all silly IMO. The hating on Vic's calls is silly, and the hating on Serling is silly as well.

Maybe you would like an UNMODERATED BOARD? How long would that last?

Sorry you don't agree with what we do here. But you're either stuck with it or you can go elsewhere...nothing more I can do. I try my best. Sorry my best sucks for you.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:12 AM   #30
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
You read this thread (which I admittedly contributed to) and your conclusion was that there's a HIGHER standard here?

Saying that posts should not be retweeted on Twitter is like someone in 1955 saying to avoid television advertising because too many people might find out about us.
Laugh all you like, but as a general rule, there is a higher quality of posting from participants here than there is at Twitter. If you can't understand this....I'm sorry, I can't help you.

All social media has limits and I'm amazed at the amount of time grown men are able to dedicate to it. It's difficult to understand what one does for a living that allows them to sit on the internet hours each day awaiting notifications that someone's replied to a thread on a message board.

As far as a thread calling Cj a stand up guy or a dick, if I were him? I'd be embarrassed...

Cj, keep your head down. Keep gettin' it. The money's in the figures. Screw the rest.

When all is said and done, PA touched on an honest and important point when he wrote-- the "Internet NEED TO BE RIGHT" outweighs common sense every single time.
Closed Thread