Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-24-2017, 10:06 AM   #1
Teach

I Had A Nightmare!

I had a nightmare. “I was tossin’ and turnin’ turnin’ and tossin’. Tossin’ and turnin’ all night” (Bobby Lewis). Yes, I had a nightmare.

This spring, I plan to visit my cousin in Houston. He told me it was safe to come as at that time of the year the “Blue Northers” of winter will have long passed (When we speak on the phone he always kids me by saying: “Fill’er up and check ‘the all’”).

In my nightmare, I had just entered Boston’s Logan International Airport. I decide, before I pass through TSA security, to have a bowl of "chowdah" (not that wishy-washy, tomato-based, watered-down stuff they call “Manhattan”).

Well, I find a seat in this seafood place and place my order. I am frankly a little nervous. Although I’ve tried to remain anonymous (I knew there were those who wanted to know the true identity of the man they knew only as “Teach” (Walt)). The question has kept coming up: Who is he? Is he a communist? A nihilist? An anarchist? A fellow-traveler? A fifth columnist? None of the above. Just a “middle-mannered” former teacher from a quaint suburban Boston community.

Anyway, as I enjoyed my chowdah, I felt a sense of serenity. I would soon be visiting one of my dearest relatives. It was then, as I was about to leave the table and head for TSA security, that two women approached. They looked like they had just come from “Hooters”. Suddenly, and most unexpectedly, one, very subtly, put the palm of her hand across my mouth (I’ve been reading too many accounts of Kim Jong-nam). It was then that I woke up. I believe I let out a sigh of relief. I then went back to bed.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
chrisl

We have serious issues here.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
woodtoo

OMG stay in bed already.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #4
johnhannibalsmith

How can chowder be chowdah and Hooter's be Hooter's?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #5
HalvOnHorseracing

I have a good friend who is a therapist is Teach needs some counseling. Offhandedly, I'd say it is failure to resolve Oedipal issues.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
davew

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #7
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I have a good friend who is a therapist is Teach needs some counseling. Offhandedly, I'd say it is failure to resolve Oedipal issues.
In the movie, Gease, didn't they tell Travolta to push the Oedipal to the Metapull. Vroom! Vroom!

Sorry.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply