Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-28-2016, 12:47 AM   #376
HoofedInTheChest

.... and lose in game 7.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 01:16 AM   #377
HoofedInTheChest

Second Round

Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (107.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 04-28-2016, 01:22 AM   #378
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest
Second Round
Good chart!

Any thoughts on any series going forward? They all seem like coin flips, I don't have a clue with any of them.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #379
HoofedInTheChest

Here’s a blast from the past.

“Boudreau has an ignominious relationship with Game 7s. He is the first coach in the NHL to lose six such games in his career, and he is the only coach to lose Game 7 at home in three consecutive seasons. It happened to him in Washington and again with the Ducks. His career record in Game 7s dropped to 1-6.”

You can now make it 1-7, with 4 consecutive losses at home in game 7’s. It’s safe to say that BB won’t be behind the bench next season.

The London Nights have swept the Erie Otters with a 5-1 victory in game 4. Mitch Marner had a quiet night, he only had a goal and an assist which drops his PPG to 2.64.

“Marner was quieter tonight than last offensively, but his defensive game was impeccable. He provided additional coverage at all ends of the ice, stepping in for pinching defenders, applying great backside pressure, and breaking up passes and plays in the defensive zone. Oh, and a "quiet" offensive night for him? Yeah, it's a goal and an assist. He certainly could have had others, too. He reads plays so well and always anticipates where the puck is going to go and if the team is going to need him to drop back.”

It’s elimination night for the Marlies, and i have tickets behind Bridgeports bench. It just so happens to be $5 beer night at the Ricoh, this could end badly.

Enjoy the Pens/Caps game tonight guys.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:52 PM   #380
Stillriledup
Veteran

There's a way to defend BB and a way to criticize him, here's my take as someone who's pretty much seen every minute of BB s career in Anaheim

The game 7s he's recently lost were 2 out of 3 times to great teams who have won multiple cups with the core of their rosters. Chi is at least a mini dynasty so to lose to them isn't really something you can critique, GETTING to 7 games means you've won 3 times. In the other game 7 losses the ducks played hard and well, could have easily won any of those games. If the ducks don't hit a crossbar in game 2 in OT v's Chi last year they go up 2/0 and maybe they don't even GET to a 7th.

I would have more of a problem w BB If the ducks just didn't show up emotionally or mentally but by all accounts, they layed it out there in all those game 7s

Now for the critique.

To my eyes the ducks don't have as much 'jump' in game 7s, they appear tired, which means BB needs to find a way to save some of that energy. Does BB have too many hard practices? I can't explain why the ducks seem tired late in games, well last night they just ran out of racetrack, if the game went longer they win easy as Nashville was just hanging on for dear life, kudos to the preds they earned the win and gutted it out, but as far as the ducks go they Just need to find a way to not exhaust themselves.

It's odd to me because they play 4 lines a lot and have a lot of depth and 2 rested goalies and they don't have and D men in top 20 in ice time so they're supposed to be the fresher club not the other guys.

Whether or not Bb Is to blame for game 7 losses it's starting to FEEL like he's to blame and perception is pretty important. Personally I wouldn't have a problem keeping him as the coach but I think if you want to win a cup, and they have good enough players to do it, you might want to make a switch.

Do you go to the walrus? Is there someone else out there BETTER than BB ? What would you recommend as a possible new coach for a top team who is set up to win now?
Old 04-28-2016, 11:31 PM   #381
ldiatone

pens take it on the chin OUCH! OT loss good game.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #382
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Whether or not Bb Is to blame for game 7 losses it's starting to FEEL like he's to blame and perception is pretty important. Personally I wouldn't have a problem keeping him as the coach but I think if you want to win a cup, and they have good enough players to do it, you might want to make a switch.

Do you go to the walrus? Is there someone else out there BETTER than BB ? What would you recommend as a possible new coach for a top team who is set up to win now?
“#NHLDucks have relieved Head Coach Bruce Boudreau of his duties, Executive Vice President/GM Bob Murray announced.”

He should have been fired last season.

Yes there is someone better than Boudreau, but unfortunately he is under contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

“The #Sens are expected to reach out to Bruce Boudreau for an interview now that he's been fired. Believe there is interest.”
Old 04-29-2016, 01:37 PM   #383
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
“#NHLDucks have relieved Head Coach Bruce Boudreau of his duties, Executive Vice President/GM Bob Murray announced.”

He should have been fired last season.

Yes there is someone better than Boudreau, but unfortunately he is under contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

“The #Sens are expected to reach out to Bruce Boudreau for an interview now that he's been fired. Believe there is interest.”
I gotta say that's the right move, perception is that Bruce can't win big games and even if that's an unfair shot at him, perception is reality at times.

Yeah, I'd love to steal your coach, or trade for him, I can give you a player, who do you want?
Old 04-29-2016, 01:56 PM   #384
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I gotta say that's the right move, perception is that Bruce can't win big games and even if that's an unfair shot at him, perception is reality at times.

Yeah, I'd love to steal your coach, or trade for him, I can give you a player, who do you want?
Emilio Estevez seems to have a lot of time on his hands, he’s worth a consideration.

You have a good team, you just need a change in culture, who exactly i don't know. We will find out very shortly.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:28 PM   #385
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Emilio Estevez seems to have a lot of time on his hands, he’s worth a consideration.

You have a good team, you just need a change in culture, who exactly i don't know. We will find out very shortly.
I think the culture is fine, they play well as a team, I guess you go with the walrus, but if not him than who? If the ducks get a bounce last year they probably win the cup and we aren't talking about culture, they were even better this year because of the additions of the McGinns and perrons, I won't complain about refs early in the series but some people might complain. Could have been a 5 minute major on the head shot to Manson, if that gets called and Manson isn't out for the series who knows how it ends.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:15 AM   #386
Greyfox

The NHL Draft Lottery Simulator

Interested in seeing if your team wins the lottery if you were drawing?

The NHL Draft Lottery Simulator is at:

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2016, 09:37 AM   #387
MutuelClerk

Super Bowl Day for Leaf fans. Auston Matthews please.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2016, 09:39 AM   #388
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
The NHL Draft Lottery Simulator

Interested in seeing if your team wins the lottery if you were drawing?

The NHL Draft Lottery Simulator is at:

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/
Did it ten times. Never got the Leafs first. Hopefully saving it for tonight. If the Oilers get the first pick again GRRRRRRRRRR
Old 04-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #389
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Well, that went exactly as expected. Think the Isles may be a little riled up for game 3 now. 8 shots in the last 2 periods will not get the job done though.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2016, 08:22 PM   #390
MutuelClerk

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: