Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 02-28-2021, 01:12 PM   #46
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Myohmy, ever drive down a steep and windy road and find yourself progressively driving too fast for the conditions, your equipment or your skills?

Definitely an “oh s***t”, moment.

I try to always stay out of the situation you describe, TJDave.

The last I read about Tiger Woods mishap was that he was driving behind a truck who was making deliveries and going too slow for Woods' temperament -- which seems to be ignored.

As a well-loved celebrity, he had enough of this and then recklessly accelerated to drive around the truck driver. He lost control, went over the divider and crashed into the weeds.

Just another example of his historically bad conduct, decision making and selfish behavior.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2021, 01:32 PM   #47
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Woods has been doing unsportsmanlike things and worse for many years now and they've been ignored or defended.
Um...explains his huge popularity. What an evil son of a bitch he is...lol.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2021, 02:25 PM   #48
headhawg
crusty old guy

What does popularity have to do with whether a person is good or evil? Hitler was popular too. Woods is no saint but he is about average on the good-evil scale of celebrities. In his golfing prime, he could beat anyone who played the sport. But he's not going to win any humanitarian awards, don't kid yourself. Woods reminds me of the David Simms character in the movie Tin Cup. Jack is still the best golfer ever and his records seemingly will stand. Karma's a bitch, ain't it?
Old 02-28-2021, 04:03 PM   #49
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Tiger Woods put HIMSELF (and possibly innocent people) in a life threatening position with his reckless driving and conduct. That's a far cry from being diagnosed with a life threatening disease or illness. You don't see the difference? Probably not.

More importantly, I made my attack on a very public figure with a history of questionable behavior, and you don't see the difference? Probably not.

Also, you made an personal attack on an individual, me., who isn't in the public eye.

So, it is you, Andy, that showed this community that YOU lack class.

I also get this too: you are a clueless fan boy and enabler of Tiger Woods. Be proud.
And you know he was driving recklessly how? And what of his conduct are you privy to?
Old 02-28-2021, 04:06 PM   #50
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Let he/she who is without sin cast the first stone.
You me, Gus....let's "rock!"

Old 02-28-2021, 06:07 PM   #51
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
What does popularity have to do with whether a person is good or evil? Hitler was popular too.
Poor analogy. Hitler's popularity was centered around economic recovery and growth, but was ultimately destroyed by war. Comparing a sports great with an evil dictator is like apples and oranges.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:04 PM   #52
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Comparing a sports great with an evil dictator is like apples and oranges.
I never implied that Tiger or Adolph were fruits.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:16 AM   #53
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
And you know he was driving recklessly how? And what of his conduct are you privy to?

Read the Police reports and newspaper accounts, that's how I know. How come you don't you know all this?

Simply, again, Tigers Woods lost control of his car and crossed a divider at high speed. There were no skid marks on the road. He then crashed his car into the weeds. The evidence shows it wasn’t an accident but a car crash, the result of flagrantly reckless driving.

A dangerous fact, even if the Tiger lovers on here want to deny this poor conduct and look to insult me because I won't play along and buy into this baloney. I won't be giving a pass to this bad person, even if he is adored by millions.

There are other examples of his poor personal conduct yet the media and Corporate America have basically ignored them while his millions of fans have given minimal criticism to their hero.

1--His current situation crashing a car at high speed and crossing a divider is just the latest.

2--As recently as 2017, he was found by police in his car, semiconscious on the wrong side of the road. Tiger was loaded on prescription painkillers and pled guilty to reckless driving. He could have killed innocent people at that time too.

3--When his wife clubbed him a few times with a 5-iron because of his constant marital infidelities, he was later found by police bleeding, semi- (or un-) conscious. Tests proved he was loaded up on Ambien. Now this is a prescription drug but he wasn't charged with a DUI. Cops ignored that and added to their own fanboy status by calling the incident a "driving mishap" or something stupid like that.

4--Tiger Woods was a client of a well-know Canadian doctor of sports "medicine", Anthony Galea. Woods regularly had him flown to the USA for "treatment", yet Galea was NOT licensed to practice medicine in the USA. That's a crime, everyone. Galea was also busted and pled to mislabeling drugs, a lesser crime, after being originally charged with unlawful possession of drugs with intent to distribute and lying to Federal agents.

Galea also "treated" Alex Rodriguez and many NFL players and a few even tested for HGH. There's a Wiki link about this doctor, Tiger Woods' doctor.

5--There were even a few times when Tiger showed total disregard for the historic and gentlemanly rules of conduct in golf, and disrespect to a fellow pro golfer. Once, he had just finished putting and just took his ball and left the green even though another golfer hadn't finished his round and was about to putt. A no no in golf circles. No class and poor taste. But he was Tiger, of course, and wasn't criticized for this. Nor was he ever really criticized for his constant cursing, many curses loud enough to be heard over the air.

But that's OK too for he's Tiger Woods and he does NO wrong. Yeah right.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 12:48 AM   #54
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This guy really really doesn't like Tiger Woods.

Imagine wasting precious seconds of your life typing paragraph after paragraph about why Tiger Woods, pro golfer, is not a good person...
Old 03-01-2021, 07:41 AM   #55
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

An awful lot of guys were wearing red and black in both events yesterday; makes one wonder how a loathsome individual could be worthy of a show of respect by his peers. Maybe they're just fan-boys, too.
rastajenk is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 08:00 AM   #56
headhawg
crusty old guy

Yeah...there is no precedent for people in a group sticking up for one of their own. You never hear about attorneys, cops, politicians, athletes, celebrities, or doctors protecting the bad apples.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:51 PM   #57
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Yeah...there is no precedent for people in a group sticking up for one of their own. You never hear about attorneys, cops, politicians, athletes, celebrities, or doctors protecting the bad apples.
Ever think maybe you're in the minority judging him as a bad apple, and his supporters and fellow golfers know him better than you?
Old 03-01-2021, 02:15 PM   #58
headhawg
crusty old guy

As I posted before, Woods is no saint in my opinion. But fans -- and especially fanboyz -- tend to overlook character flaws. Personally I don't care if you kiss his ass like he's some sort of demigod. And btw -- I haven't seen anyone refute the 5 things that myohmy listed. Believe what you want; it's a free country. For the moment, anyway.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:17 PM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...lots of sinless folks in this thread I see...
Old 03-02-2021, 12:49 PM   #60
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
An awful lot of guys were wearing red and black in both events yesterday; makes one wonder how a loathsome individual could be worthy of a show of respect by his peers. Maybe they're just fan-boys, too.
Hey, Hitler liked red and black too. Coincidence?
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: