Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-28-2020, 06:02 PM   #1
zico20

Washington releases Haskins

This is why owners should stay out of the draft room. Snyder was the only one who wanted him. The coaches and scouts were all against it. He was stupid and lazy at Ohio St. and it carried over to the NFL. Ohio St. has a very poor record, okay awful, of having their star black QB be successful or even make it in the NFL.

Troy Smith, Terrelle Pryor, Braxton Miller, Cardale Jones, JT Barrett, Haskins

Now we have Justin Fields! If the Jets decide to dump Darnold I see them making a huge mistake when they select Fields over Wilson of BYU. There is no comparing the two as far as who will have more success in the pros.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:24 PM   #2
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

On the other hand, Louisville has done great with their black QBs!

Tell me....how well have the white QBs from Ohio St done?
Tupa was adequate
Graham? Krenzel? Hoying? Germaine? Bellisari?....bums
Schlichter....lol a total bust

One of the dumbest threads of the year (and it’s late in December)
Old 12-28-2020, 06:47 PM   #3
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post

Tupa was adequate

So it should be obvious to stay away from the QB's coming out of Ohio St. We just cleared that up! Fields isn't at Louisville, now is he. So how is that relevant to anything? That comment is the most non sequitur of the year. I see you get riled up and defensive anytime a comment is made about a minority. Good to know!
Old 12-28-2020, 07:42 PM   #4
myohmyjustify

Quote:

Tupa was adequate

Joe Sparma was a white starting QB from Ohio State. (Why is everything now based on race?)

Sparma led Ohio State to an undefeated season and had an excellent post collegiate career -- in baseball for the 1968 World Series champions Detroit Tigers as their fourth starter on a staff led by Denny McLain.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 11:10 PM   #5
ultracapper

Haskins was finally the slap-in-your-face that Snyder needed to realize he needs to let football people handle the team. He's treated that franchise like a toy since he bought it. Jerry Jones wanna be.

They sure did get a good football player with their first round pick this year. Young reminds me of Clowney.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 01:28 AM   #6
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

As a team supporter since birth, I was very happy to hear this news.

It was obvious that the team had no confidence in Haskins as evidenced by the play calling, which made the teams offense both predictable and ineffective. The team now has a competent and highly-respected head coach who has seen enough of Haskins to know it is best for the team to move on without Haskins, and the sooner the better.

Haskins has a long way to go both mentally and football skill wise if he is going to show he is capable of playing in the NFL. IMHO his future opportunities are going to be very limited, so he better be prepared to take full advantage of them.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 01:46 AM   #7
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Joe Sparma was a white starting QB from Ohio State. (Why is everything now based on race?)

Sparma led Ohio State to an undefeated season and had an excellent post collegiate career -- in baseball for the 1968 World Series champions Detroit Tigers as their fourth starter on a staff led by Denny McLain.
Why is everything now based on race?....shouldn’t you be asking Zico that question, since he’s the one who brought race into the picture?
Old 12-29-2020, 01:48 AM   #8
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
So it should be obvious to stay away from the QB's coming out of Ohio St. We just cleared that up! Fields isn't at Louisville, now is he. So how is that relevant to anything? That comment is the most non sequitur of the year. I see you get riled up and defensive anytime a comment is made about a minority. Good to know!
You just don’t get it...what does race have to do with it, and why did you mention only the black QBs who failed in the NFL?

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 12-29-2020 at 01:49 AM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #9
zico20

Quote:
You just don’t get it...what does race have to do with it, and why did you mention only the black QBs who failed in the NFL?
What does race have to do with it you ask? Seriously, you need me to answer that for you. Okay, I will. The past decade or more there have been highly touted black QBs who were stars at Ohio St. and none of them have worked out at the next level. Now we have another in Fields coming along. It should be clear that Ohio St. specifically looks for black QBs to excel under their system but it is not conducive to success in the NFL. I was bringing this up as to the Jets or another team that Wilson should be the choice over Fields based on past precedent. My original post had absolutely nothing to do with whether black quarterbacks can have success in the NFL, just Ohio St. QBs. Somehow that went over your head, then again I am not surprised since Democrats lose their minds the moment you say anything negative about blacks, in this case Ohio St. quarterbacks. You need to take your animosity and anger out of your head and think logically and rationally, then you will not jump to idiotic conclusions.

You would be the one who if Ohio St. went 100 years in a row with a Heisman winning black QB who was drafted number one overall and flopped big time would say it is just one huge coincidence and number 101 should not be judged by the past 100 failures simply because they are black.

Still baffled as to why you brought up Louisville, which has nothing to do with Fields whatsoever, as far as I can tell Fields has never even set foot in the state of Kentucky, much less Louisville.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #10
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
What does race have to do with it you ask? Seriously, you need me to answer that for you. Okay, I will. The past decade or more there have been highly touted black QBs who were stars at Ohio St. and none of them have worked out at the next level. Now we have another in Fields coming along. It should be clear that Ohio St. specifically looks for black QBs to excel under their system but it is not conducive to success in the NFL. I was bringing this up as to the Jets or another team that Wilson should be the choice over Fields based on past precedent. My original post had absolutely nothing to do with whether black quarterbacks can have success in the NFL, just Ohio St. QBs. Somehow that went over your head, then again I am not surprised since Democrats lose their minds the moment you say anything negative about blacks, in this case Ohio St. quarterbacks. You need to take your animosity and anger out of your head and think logically and rationally, then you will not jump to idiotic conclusions.

You would be the one who if Ohio St. went 100 years in a row with a Heisman winning black QB who was drafted number one overall and flopped big time would say it is just one huge coincidence and number 101 should not be judged by the past 100 failures simply because they are black.

Still baffled as to why you brought up Louisville, which has nothing to do with Fields whatsoever, as far as I can tell Fields has never even set foot in the state of Kentucky, much less Louisville.
So, if a white QB came along who fit their system they wouldn’t recruit him? According to you it’s clear that they SPECIFICALLY look for black QBs....what a ridiculous claim...and you’re here wondering why I challenged your post. Tell me, what school recruited Joe Burrow?

It has nothing to do with anger or animosity on my part and everything to do with you being so far off key that you still don’t realize it.

I brought up Louisville to make fun of you because they have two black QBs who are playing quite well in the NFL (Jackson and Bridgewater).

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 12-29-2020 at 10:26 AM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 10:46 AM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I brought up Louisville to make fun of you because they have two black QBs who are playing quite well in the NFL (Jackson and Bridgewater).
Not that I'm defending this OP, but that wasn't his point. He never said black QBs in general don't do well in the NFL.

I think you're both a little "off key"
Old 12-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #12
zico20

Quote:
So, if a white QB came along who fit their system they wouldn’t recruit him? According to you it’s clear that they SPECIFICALLY look for black QBs....what a ridiculous claim...and you’re here wondering why I challenged your post. Tell me, what school recruited Joe Burrow?

It has nothing to do with anger or animosity on my part and everything to do with you being so far off key that you still don’t realize it.

How many white QBs can fit their style of play? Maybe a few out there, but that doesn't mean they will commit to Ohio St. There are 130 or so other schools in division 1. It is easier for Ohio St. to find black QBs to run their offense than white ones because they are more readily available. That should be obvious.

Let me put it to you another way! Take a MLB team who drafts 100 pitchers and not one of them ever makes it to the big leagues or a NHL team that drafts 100 goalies and none make it to the NHL. What does that tell you? It tells me and everyone else that can think critically that they can't develop the talent and should STOP drafting those positions.

College football is the "minor league" for the NFL. It is these colleges that provide almost all the talent. If one "minor league" school, Ohio St. can't develop a certain position, in this case QB, then those players at that position should be bypassed, at least in the critical early rounds. This should be so obvious. Hence why I say NFL teams should not draft black QBs from Ohio St and Wilson is the better option.

Finally, I can't believe you thought that I think black QBs can't be successful or be a star in the NFL. Not once did I even remotely imply that. You were to quick to judge me, and that is on you. Maybe you should analyze posts more thoroughly before trying to repudiate them.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:04 PM   #13
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Not that I'm defending this OP, but that wasn't his point. He never said black QBs in general don't do well in the NFL.

I think you're both a little "off key"
Thank you Mike for seeing that, clearly he couldn't figure it out!
Old 12-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
How many white QBs can fit their style of play? Maybe a few out there, but that doesn't mean they will commit to Ohio St. There are 130 or so other schools in division 1. It is easier for Ohio St. to find black QBs to run their offense than white ones because they are more readily available. That should be obvious.

Let me put it to you another way! Take a MLB team who drafts 100 pitchers and not one of them ever makes it to the big leagues or a NHL team that drafts 100 goalies and none make it to the NHL. What does that tell you? It tells me and everyone else that can think critically that they can't develop the talent and should STOP drafting those positions.

College football is the "minor league" for the NFL. It is these colleges that provide almost all the talent. If one "minor league" school, Ohio St. can't develop a certain position, in this case QB, then those players at that position should be bypassed, at least in the critical early rounds. This should be so obvious. Hence why I say NFL teams should not draft black QBs from Ohio St and Wilson is the better option.

Finally, I can't believe you thought that I think black QBs can't be successful or be a star in the NFL. Not once did I even remotely imply that. You were to quick to judge me, and that is on you. Maybe you should analyze posts more thoroughly before trying to repudiate them.
Yeah but wtf does race have to do with developing NFL QB talent at Ohio St?
Old 12-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Tupa was adequate

Starting in post #2 where the racist BS got introduced.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: