Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-02-2018, 06:27 PM   #16
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post

I have posted 0 wins in 77 consecutive seasons. Hall of Fame, here I come.
In college, playing against St. John's, I once batted against a future major leaguer, Larry Bearnarth. I struck out on 3 pitches, none of which I saw, but all of which sounded very good hitting the catcher's mitt!
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2018, 10:32 PM   #17
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
In college, playing against St. John's, I once batted against a future major leaguer, Larry Bearnarth. I struck out on 3 pitches, none of which I saw, but all of which sounded very good hitting the catcher's mitt!
When I attended umpire school, I batted against former (then current) MLB pitcher Bob Sebra. I had the same fate as you!
Old 10-04-2018, 01:14 AM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I recently had a guy that played tennis at Florida State, graduated two years ago, hit me his best serves. He told me had hit 140 on the radar gun before. Keep in mind the guy is 6'7. Still, I kind of snickered. I figured he was exaggerating.

To keep this short, lets just say he wasn't. When he hit down the tee, I didn't even flinch before I'd hear it hit the back wall. I mean there was absolutely zero chance of even getting a racket on it. I actually got a couple back when they were I could reach them. But by got them back, I mean they made it over the net and landed in play, but they were feeble returns that had no chance of winning me a point.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2018, 05:19 PM   #19
kingfin66
Bombardier

It is pretty amazing just how good professional athletes really are. On the flip side of striking out against a MLBer, it has also often astounded me how batters can get around on serious heat. Having top-level fast twitch muscles it not enough. You have to have the strength and the hand/eye coordination to go with it.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #20
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Davis really has prodigious power. Under 6 feet in height, under 200 pounds, he generates as much torque as anyone. Reminds me a bit of George Foster in the late 70s.
Just watching on the tube, it looks like he swings a pretty heavy bat for these days. Probably no more than 36 ounces, but when the sluggers of the day are using 33 ounce bats, it makes his seem like Dick Allen.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: