Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #46
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
After the last CA takeout raise and boycott, I was doing some research and your independent opinion seems to verify my conclusion. I recall there was an effort to establish another more friendlier owner's group. I think it was being proposed by that big car dealer (horse owner) and a couple prominent owner/trainers. Do you know what happened to that effort?

Apparently, it must have fizzled out.

Why does the TOC have so much influence over or with the CHRB? Harris was once the chair and Moss was(is) a long time member. Billion$ are wagered and spent by the betting public every year. There should be no questions of integrity or complying with fiduciary duties in operating this thing we call horse racing.

I did read parts of the Horse Racing Act of 1978, was this the intent because people can submit amendments to correct unintentional results?
For some reason, trainers and owners run the game in California, the track owners just sit back and let the inmates run the asylum. Santa Anita is owned by a horsemen so he "Sympathizes" with those who "put on the show"
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #47
takeout

Cal's insane exacta take-out

Everyone that had anything to do with this should be forced to bet the lion's share of their dough in to this 22.68% take-out of their own making. See how they like it.
Then, we could bet with each other, without any take-out, on who would last the longest.
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: