Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-22-2019, 09:10 PM   #1
cosmo96

Too Much

My wife says that I devote too much time to horse racing. I'm either at the track, playing on line, at the OTB, or handicapping. I am pretty good, and have a good ROI, and I love everything about racing. She gets real pissed. Has anyone gone through this?
cosmo96 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2019, 09:28 PM   #2
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo96 View Post
My wife says that I devote too much time to horse racing. I'm either at the track, playing on line, at the OTB, or handicapping. I am pretty good, and have a good ROI, and I love everything about racing. She gets real pissed. Has anyone gone through this?
a GOOD roi...eh?...well wtf is your problem....must be stingy....spend a few bucks on her and ALL will be forgiven....unless of course you're lying....about ROI that is...or BEING at the track/otb....
Old 03-22-2019, 09:46 PM   #3
Immortal6

How old are you and how long have you been married?
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2019, 09:55 PM   #4
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
I've been married 29 years and my bride has no problem with my wagering when I do.

I believe I continuously make deposits into the marriage account so that on those days I play I have more than enough to withdrawal.

It's all about what's most important!!!!!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2019, 10:02 PM   #5
airford1

Quote:
Breath deep Grasshopper and plan some time with your wife. Anybody that spends time in a OTB needs some real friends and a real hobby.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2019, 10:29 PM   #6
thaskalos

Quote:
It isn't a coincidence that divorce has reached an epidemic stage among the gamblers. Learn to spend some time with your wife...lest you find yourself living in some basement, with your betting bankroll cut in half.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:28 AM   #7
Gamblor

Quote:
Simple enough solution, you need to quit.

Marriage, that is.
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2019, 07:48 AM   #8
Thomas Roulston

Quote:

Back in the days when the NFL blacked out the games of the local team whenever they were playing at home, men, with their wives in tow, drove to a motel in the next TV market (Albany or Binghamton if they lived in or just outside New York City, Scranton if they lived in or just outside Philadelphia) just to be able to watch the Giants or Jets in the former example, or the Eagles in the latter, play their home games. The women referred to their husbands who did this as "Rabbit-Eared Roosters." Some even did it for college games on Saturdays, making a weekend of it.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2019, 08:16 AM   #9
proximity

Quote:
. Has anyone gone through this?
everything but the "good roi" part.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2019, 09:04 AM   #10
castaway01

Quote:
I believed you right up until "good ROI". Seriously though, obviously you need to solve the problem by divorcing her and focusing full time on degenerate gambling.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2019, 10:25 AM   #11
acorn54

cosmo i am no counselor but you really should set your priorities. gambling or your wife. this forum is really no place to discuss this issue, i strongly suggest you consider some kind of PROFESSIONAL counseling, with people who deal with and see these situations every day of the week.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #12
Bennie

I am fortunate enough to have a wife who let's me spend time playing the horses especially this time of year when all the Derby preps are running but I am also willing to refrain from any play for vacations, family gatherings or just a day out together. Horse racing is my passion but my wife is my love and she will always come first.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #13
MONEY

Quote:
So you're saying that your wife is nagging you about something.
I bet that has never happened to anyone else on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
It isn't a coincidence that divorce has reached an epidemic stage among the gamblers. Learn to spend some time with your wife...lest you find yourself living in some basement, with your betting bankroll cut in half.
I think that you are my landlord.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:50 PM   #14
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

I've known some horse players that are so annoying that I'm guessing their wife complains they don't spend enough time at the track.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2019, 08:15 PM   #15
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
I believed you right up until "good ROI". Seriously though, obviously you need to solve the problem by divorcing her and focusing full time on degenerate gambling.
Well said, sage advice
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: